Denis Galimzyanov provisionally suspended - Page 11 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 04-17-12, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Sadly, nowadays only very famous riders like Basso and Contador can come back on ProTour level easily or relatively easily, like Dekker or Kashechkin are doing. Though, I'm certain Kash was invited in Astana mostly for political reason. For all the rest future looks not optimistic. Galimzyanov is unlikely to become an exception.
Valverde, Scarponi, Petacchi, Rui Costa, Astarloza, DiLuca. But you do have a point, there's fewer of these "success" stories, that ones that are complete opposite
Old 04-17-12, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Sadly, nowadays only very famous riders like Basso and Contador can come back on ProTour level easily or relatively easily, like Dekker or Kashechkin are doing. Though, I'm certain Kash was invited in Astana mostly for political reason. For all the rest future looks not optimistic. Galimzyanov is unlikely to become an exception.
Only basso and contador? ..you need to learn more about this thing of ours..or just a potshot at basso and contador?
Old 04-17-12, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
The bolded I find pretty strange. Actually makes me think that Katusha has something to do with his positive.
Ya think? Not strange at all, what would be strange would be if he actually told the truth about the team unless he had no intention of ever working in the bike race business again.
As much as I think most pros are lying dopers, no way do I believe they all do it on their own. The penalty for really telling the truth is much more severe than the upside. Which makes him.......well, still a lying doper. Also makes him in good company with just about any podium we see up there.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 04-17-12, 21:31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Only basso and contador? ..you need to learn more about this thing of ours..or just a potshot at basso and contador?
Of course not. I didn't intend to call all the names, just gave a couple for example in order to contrast that to the fact that Galimzyanov is not among them. In addition, he's a sprinter. Individual selfish specialization that always demands victories. I remember only Danilo Hondo who could come back, but he has far more versatile skills than Galimzyanov.

Last edited by airstream; 04-17-12 at 21:35.
Old 04-17-12, 21:44

Default Russia's not the only society full of cheats

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalgo View Post
I love Russia, Russian literature, and Russian culture. However, Russian society is at the moment one in which cheating is condoned and indeed practiced by people at the highest levels of government and business. It is thus perhaps not surprising that cheating is also apparently widely practiced by Russian athletes and teams. One need only consider, for example, the top Russian middle-distance runners suspended before the 2008 Olympics and the many Russian winter sports athletes suspended before the 2010 Olympics.

In how many countries is doping considered such a systematic problem that the head of state becomes involved?

"But IOC President Jacques Rogge said on February 8 that he raised concerns directly with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and the Russian sports minister because of 11 winter sports doping cases involving Russian athletes during the past year."

http://www.rferl.org/content/On_Eve_...g/1956201.html

Also consider the following:

"The number of suspensions, and the varied events involved, raised troubling questions about possible ineptitude or corruption in Russian drug-testing procedures and also prompted concerns about whether a deliberate, systematic attempt was made by coaches or officials to undermine drug-testing protocols."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sp....14929871.html
The US isn't all that different. Lots of cheats on Wall Street. Look at college sports, full of cheats. People cheat in all societies, and so do sportsmen/women. It sucks, but what sucks more is the unequal application of the law to these cheats.
Old 04-17-12, 23:14

The only thing I want to hear is that THIS was his only time.

I so freakin hate that. Maybe he'll be different. But the statement tells me otherwise.

Katusha: You got caught don't ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 04-18-12, 00:02

The wheels are already in motion... Here, the anti doping chief doesn't rule out a reduced suspension because of Galimzyanov's good behavior so far:

http://translate.google.com/translat...140225707.html

And here, Holczer is giving his "see nothing, hear nothing" story already:

http://translate.google.com/translat...140163421.html
Old 04-18-12, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu Picchu View Post
Full details of letter:

DENIS GALIMZYANOV RECOGNIZES DOPING USAGE

I recognize a fact of banned substance usage.
I fully realized what I did.
I deeply regret about what happened, and I apologize to the whole team and my teammates, along with my fans whom I disappointed.
Denis Galimzyanov
+1000
Cossacks still have something to teach us.
Old 04-18-12, 11:25

Eric Zabel has some nerve, twitter comment last night 'I wish Denis,that he'll find Rest&that his Family&good Friends are Strong enough to help him Out in the next Months!good Luck& dont Comeback!

Quite rich coming from him...

The link as well; http://twitter.com/#!/EteZabel/statu...26162335268866

Last edited by greatking88; 04-18-12 at 11:26. Reason: forgot to add link
Old 04-18-12, 15:03

Quote:
I wish Denis,that he'll find Rest&that his Family&good Friends are Strong enough to help him Out in the next Months
If he wanted to tweet about it he should have really stopped there.

Although this may be yet another sign that Katusha is going to cast Galimzyanov aside (at least for the next 23 months or so).