La Flèche Wallone (WT) / Wednesday 18-04-2012 - Page 65 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-19-12, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
2012:1 km@11,8%---3:00---average speed 20.00 km/h(Joaquim Rodriguez)
2011:1 km@11,8%---2:44---average speed 21.95 km/h(Philippe Gilbert)
both riders also eased up well before the finish, which further muddies the comparison.
Old 04-19-12, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
Do other people think he can win the race in the future?
Yes, of course. If you are good enough to finish in the top 10 in a one day race without luck, then you are good enough to win it if you get very lucky. Ask Nuyens or Vansummeren.

As for winning on merit, that depends on his development over the next while.
Old 04-19-12, 02:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Cant remember what conditions gilbert climbed in cos i watched it on some dodgy stream, but Purito did not have good conditions this year.

And that means purito did it 6 seconds faster last year, when he was in worse form, so clearly conditions played a major role.

Still nothing can ever take this victory away from J Rod.

Dont think he can win Liege but with still the Giro, the Vuelta, Burgos, Lombardia and the Worlds to come, its gonna be a great season.
Great ride, excellent finish. I thought he went too early, but very strong finish.

Great ride by Phil and Albisini also.

Good cycling all around!!!

Hugh
Old 04-19-12, 06:49

Great end. Congrats to JROD he fully deserved it/ his attack was devastating.
Albasini did great- espescially in a race where GE might have come into with a mindset just to attack. My only complaint is he started his drive a bit early ( before Puritos' )/ did not have a teammate in front of him a bit before he started. He is developing more and more as a rider, which is good.
Congrats to Gilbert, the course does not suit him and it shows he still can place even with not so great form.
I'm happy for Vanendert- he shall continue to progress. He just did not have the sprint to pip Albasini/ Gilbert and could not latch on to Rodriguezs' wheel when he attacked.

Nice rides by Nordhaug/ Hesjedal, Kiserlovski and Ulissi ( still young ). Lotto and Katusha rode well for their leaders.

Poels and Valverde disappointed.

I only just got to Melbourne that is why i am posting late.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 04-19-12, 09:14

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Quote:
I remember saying to Jonathan Vaughters in the Q and A he did on this forum that I think Dan Martin could FW in the future. I think Dan finishing 6th was a great result for him considering he was in a bad position at the bottom of the Mur. He also said on twitter he was feeling bad all day and was very surprised with his showing in the end.

Dan Martin was already 2nd in Emilia 2010 so it's hardly a suprise he's doing well on a similar race as FW
Old 04-19-12, 09:22

Quote:
I remember saying to Jonathan Vaughters in the Q and A he did on this forum that I think Dan Martin could FW in the future. I think Dan finishing 6th was a great result for him considering he was in a bad position at the bottom of the Mur. He also said on twitter he was feeling bad all day and was very surprised with his showing in the end.

for sure. but he always suffers with pollen right? we will never have a spring this bad again. that's also why we see nordhaug up front this time
Old 04-19-12, 09:47
Administrator

i am honestly more amazed by ulissi's ride then by Marty-D's ride. that kid(ulissi) seems to be something special. isn't he only 22?