Floyd to be charged with fraud - Page 101 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 05-02-12, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Thats an unusual response Mark. Do tell us more. What do you know about the money and this qui tam case?*

Only yesterday you were telling us he was poor and couldn't defend himself and now you say he's launching some complex case with the government?

You are confusing at times.*
Okay, Hog, say it with me: CONTINGENT -- FEES.

You'll get it!
Old 05-02-12, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post

You'll get it!
Sadly I do not get it. Can you elaborate? You seem to know a little about how this works.

I'm not sure I understand. I thought the investigation was over.

What's this about the Qua Tem case?
Old 05-02-12, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post

You'll get it!
Hold on...you say you're not happy with his reasons for confessing. That it was monetary motivation. But then you say you will not be happy until he pays people back.
“If you consider my situation: a guy who comes back from arguably, you know, a death sentence, why would I then enter into a sport and dope myself up and risk my life again? That's crazy. I would never do that. No. No way."

"Yes, there were six samples with EPO in it, and there were another two samples where it was pretty plain to a trained observer that there was synthetic EPO in those as well." Michael Ashenden on '99 samples
Old 05-02-12, 15:28

Quote:
Sadly I do not get it. Can you elaborate? You seem to know a little about how this works.

Good! You understand!
Old 05-02-12, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
Haha you were the one who said he wasn't talking enough!!! haha this place cracks me up..
He needs to come clean on the testosterone. Talk more. Admit it.

Quote:
And in case you didn't know, which you clearly don't know, Floyd did speak to these people long before it came public.
Prove it.
Old 05-02-12, 15:29

Quote:

Hopefully his lawyer skills are better than his accountancy skills or you'd be as well off emailing Sesame Street asking them to explain Quo Tum.
“If you consider my situation: a guy who comes back from arguably, you know, a death sentence, why would I then enter into a sport and dope myself up and risk my life again? That's crazy. I would never do that. No. No way."

"Yes, there were six samples with EPO in it, and there were another two samples where it was pretty plain to a trained observer that there was synthetic EPO in those as well." Michael Ashenden on '99 samples
Old 05-02-12, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBay View Post
He needs to come clean on the testosterone. Talk more. Admit it.

Prove it.
But you don't want him to talk more. You only want him to talk to the relevant authorities and not come public.

As regards proving it, how do you think the emails came public in the first place? Who was he talking to?
Floyd didn't Go to the media. It's this honesty that you are struggling to comprehend. You keep looking for lies but know full well it's the whole truth.

Old 05-02-12, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1234 View Post
You are misunderstanding what Im saying

It has nothing to do with money or otherwise, and I have no idea why you are interpreting what I said in that way.

A confession brought about by a need to set ones life straight, and do right by the people around you, has merit.
A confession brought about by a lack of alternatives and a desire for revenge, does not.

Landis manned up in the same way a child does when they get caught with their hand in a cookie jar. The game is up and it's a survival mechanism.

A confession does not necessarily equate to honesty.
Just so I understand you're now talking about a "confession" and not "honesty".

I'll say it again. Honesty is honesty no matter how its conducted.

If Armstrong admitted then maybe we can get the other side of the story but unfortunately he hasn't "confessed" as yet nor has he been "honest" Two strikes for him!

Your analogy with a child with hand caught in the cookie jar is silly. I teach my children honesty regardless of the circumstances. I don't rate it on how they did or under what circumstances. I ask them to be honest and true. Sometimes it comes out a little later than I'd like but ultimately I ask that they find that point.

Often honesty is a journey. Its takes time to reach that point. Its not always instant.

Why do you have to make something so complex out of something simple as "honesty".

It knows no bounds.
Old 05-02-12, 15:40

Quote:
Just so I understand you're now talking about a "confession" and not "honesty".

I'll say it again. Honesty is honesty no matter how its conducted.

If Armstrong admitted then maybe we can get the other side of the story but unfortunately he hasn't "confessed" as yet nor has he been "honest" Two strikes for him!

Your analogy with a child with hand caught in the cookie jar is silly. I teach my children honesty regardless of the circumstances. I don't rate it on how they did or under what circumstances. I ask them to be honest and true. Sometimes it comes out a little later than I'd like but ultimately I ask that they find that point.

Often honesty is a journey. Its takes time to reach that point. Its not always instant.

Why do you have to make something so complex out of something simple as "honesty".

It knows no bounds.
Andy doesn't want his kids ever confessing if they have nothing left to lose. He wants them going down fighting!!!

Old 05-02-12, 15:44

Quote:
Andy doesn't want his kids ever confessing if they have nothing left to lose. He wants them going down fighting!!!
Yes I'm learning a lot on this forum about honesty and how it should be conducted. There are several rules and levels to it and its based on how much money you have.

I'll need to start writing some of this stuff down because its getting a little confusing. I may need a whiteboard and some graph paper to go into the advanced complexities of how it should be conducted.

I used to think it was so simple but now I'm not so sure.

Maybe Bono can help me understand?

@lancearmstrong Sometimes, my friend, the lie is ugly but the truth is unbearable.

- Thanks Bono.

Last edited by thehog; 05-02-12 at 15:49.