Contador on Eurosport - Page 8 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 05-07-12, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Chic View Post
Having Contador analyse the Giro or any other interview with him is brilliant and insightful......but not while he is serving a doping ban. He should be in the sin bin.
Officially, he isn't banned for doping. Besides, why would his analysis only be insightful when he's not serving a suspension?
Old 05-07-12, 14:38

If people have such a problem with Alberto appearing on Eurosport why didn't you just change channels? I'm pretty sure no one forced you to watch it.

Cycle Chic, apparently you don't, but a lot of people do care about what Alberto has to say. Out of the current peloton he is arguably the one with the most experience when it comes to winning GTs and stage races. The ban he's serving now changes nothing about that fact. Seriously, what is your problem with Alberto?
Old 05-07-12, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Chic View Post
Having Contador analyse the Giro or any other interview with him is brilliant and insightful......but not while he is serving a doping ban. He should be in the sin bin.
I suggest you write to WADA and recommend they consider inserting a gagging clause on banned athletes.
Old 05-07-12, 16:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty's Cakes View Post
I suggest you write to WADA and recommend they consider inserting a gagging clause on banned athletes.
That might not hurt actually, with an execption made for those who've fully acknowledge guilt, and helped the investigation to satisfaction of WADA. Oh, and spend a signficant part of their ban actively fighting doping and educating youngsters. That is, if they wish to return to cycling after their ban. If they violate the gagging order, well...a year added per infriction.
Old 05-07-12, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Sigh... Drop it, please.
No, I am a hater.

I' ll stop from now on

For your info, I kinda like Contador, when he isn't overacting it of course.
Old 05-07-12, 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloxxki View Post
That might not hurt actually, with an execption made for those who've fully acknowledge guilt, and helped the investigation to satisfaction of WADA. Oh, and spend a signficant part of their ban actively fighting doping and educating youngsters. That is, if they wish to return to cycling after their ban. If they violate the gagging order, well...a year added per infriction.
You must be joking.
Old 05-07-12, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
No, I am a hater.

I' ll stop from now on

For your info, I kinda like Contador, when he isn't overacting it of course.
Define overacting.

It intrigues me how some people can talk really bad about Alberto only to later say that they "kinda like" him, or "don't mind" him.
Old 05-07-12, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloxxki View Post
If they violate the gagging order, well...a year added per infriction.
"Infriction". A catchy word - I'm going to start using it tomorrow, although I have yet to decide on a suitable context.
Old 05-08-12, 06:33

For anyone interested in what was said, among other things, he suggested Cav would have other things on his mind (TdF and Olympics) and would probably not finish - cut to Cav trying not to directly agree, saying he never goes into a race thinking he won't finish but it would depend how hard the last week was.

Contador talked about how hard it is to train alone; he's got a custom-made shirt with good will messages from his fans printed on it. About losing last year's title: he wished Scarponi well and hoped he'd win the race in a different way this time.

Scarponi a bit embarrassed about the whole thing, and another guy (possibly Giro director?) said Contador shouldn't have lost his title as he was clean last year and passed all their testings.
Old 05-08-12, 06:46

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by argyllflyer View Post
For anyone interested in what was said, among other things, he suggested Cav would have other things on his mind (TdF and Olympics) and would probably not finish - cut to Cav trying not to directly agree, saying he never goes into a race thinking he won't finish but it would depend how hard the last week was.

Contador talked about how hard it is to train alone; he's got a custom-made shirt with good will messages from his fans printed on it. About losing last year's title: he wished Scarponi well and hoped he'd win the race in a different way this time.

Scarponi a bit embarrassed about the whole thing, and another guy (possibly Giro director?) said Contador shouldn't have lost his title as he was clean last year and passed all their testings.
Good boy Scarponi. I may just love him again.