Official London Olympics Doping thread - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 07-28-12, 06:21
Banned

No fun allowed! We need to eliminate any reason people have for participating here.
Old 07-28-12, 07:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloxxki View Post
This should be stadard practice. A panel at WADA should get a budget of 100 retroactive tests when a new test is introduced. Don't count on national federation volunteering many of their own. Samples taken early races/tournaments get increasingly interesing, rather than totally useless as they were. I would know a few samples to select for a HGH-only test from the past 2 years. I bet a The Clinic panel could get 20-30% or more positives from one sample per atlete they'd select.
I'd donate to get some retrospective HGH testing done.
Old 07-28-12, 07:18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicomano View Post
Thought this picture was pretty relevant

The classic signs. Freakishly huge muscles and shrunken peen.

This is why I cannot take Olympic drug testing seriously. They take gold medals away from sixteen year olds for taking a cold medication while others look like they are using more AAS than a gym full of body builders.
Old 07-28-12, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
Albanian weightlifter fails drug test.

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/spo...ls_drugs_test/
tough luck...
Old 07-28-12, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
tough luck...
Only 19 years old, been training over half his life, busted two days before the games... for taking the same thing everyone else is taking, and he won't get to participate in the next olympics either. Career over. Brutal.

Last edited by goggalor; 07-28-12 at 12:27.
Old 07-28-12, 12:38

We can assume that the brittish team are living the magic wands since the Tour. Who would check them in their home turf?
Old 07-28-12, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Balls View Post
We can assume that the brittish team are living the magic wands since the Tour. Who would check them in their home turf?
And yet you believe nadal is clean
Old 07-28-12, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
And yet you believe nadal is clean
Yes. I have no doubts Nadal began his career doped up, but nowadays, yes. Nadal never destroys his opponents like the Sky/brits doing these days. In fact, i think the brits have set a new all time low in doping matters and have carte blanché from McQuaid et. al. in doing so. The eternal darkness is upon us.

Quote:
Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish, both riding for the Sky team and representing Great Britain will be race’s centre of attention as Cavendish seeks to add an Olympic title to his impressive palmares.
"It would be great if it happened because it's another edition to this fairy-tale story," McQuaid told The Associated Press. "It would be great for cycling and great for the Olympic Games."
According to Pat McQuaid, crowds are set to flood the streets of London for the 250km race. This is in part due to the favourable circumstances that have led into the London Games. Cavendish also won the Olympic test event in London last year and McQuaid believes the popularity of cycling in Great Britain will be evident come race day.
"There will probably be the biggest crowd ever seen at an Olympic Games . I’m predicting something close to a million people could be on the roadside," he said in an official UCI release.'

Last edited by No_Balls; 07-28-12 at 13:30.
Old 07-28-12, 14:05

It's almost unfathomable that the Jamaican team do not have a real off season drug testing programme. No wonder their sprinters are so fast!
It will be a great day when Bolt gets exposed as a fraud.
Old 07-28-12, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggalor View Post
Only 19 years old, been training over half his life, busted two days before the games... for taking the same thing everyone else is taking, and he won't get to participate in the next olympics either. Career over. Brutal.
my thoughts exactly.
no money for a decent masking program and..wham..off you go.
young enough though to return to college.