Leukemans - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-03-10, 16:23

Default Leukemans

Does this guy whine about every race that doesn't go in his favor? I remember him complaining that it was Ricco's fault he didn't win GP de Wallonie. Now it's Pozzato's fault that a Belgian isn't world champion?

Seems someone needs to train harder.
Old 10-03-10, 16:35

He's not the only one who's still wondering what the hell Pozzato was doing.
Old 10-03-10, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletCobra View Post
Does this guy whine about every race that doesn't go in his favor? I remember him complaining that it was Ricco's fault he didn't win GP de Wallonie. Now it's Pozzato's fault that a Belgian isn't world champion?

No how I understood his comments. He merely was pointing out that had Pozzato contributed they may have stayed away and medalled. As he didn't, he got nothing.

Re Ricco, he has a point. Puts in an attack and finds his team-mate towing the group up to him. Nice work, and from a pointless millstone who had quite likely scuppered their Lombardia invite!
Old 10-03-10, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletCobra View Post

He was right at both occasions so he has a reason to whine about it. And he's a guy that says what he think no matter what the topic is. So that's what you get.
Old 10-03-10, 19:34

Leukemans makes a good point,pippo tried to sit on the back of the break and twice he allowed a gaps to open and then waved others through to close it. Grossly overrated wheel sucker...flanders a few years back was a good example of his mentality. Probably didnt want to get to near the front in case the wind messed his hair up!
Old 10-03-10, 23:57

I'd rather see an athlete say what he thinks than the usual polite platitudes you get from most sportsman.
Old 10-04-10, 01:41

As far as I'm concerned, the guys who ride hard are allowed to get frustrated every now and again. I feel the same way about Hoste in the classics (who also crushed it at this year's worlds). It's understandable that a guy might be upset with others refusing to work when he's going flat out to make the race. Doesn't mean the wheelsucker is wrong about his tactics; just means the other guy is more than just a whinger.
Old 10-04-10, 01:55

Send a message via AIM to nicholaaaas Send a message via Skype™ to nicholaaaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Tati View Post
Leukemans makes a good point,pippo tried to sit on the back of the break and twice he allowed a gaps to open and then waved others through to close it. Grossly overrated wheel sucker...flanders a few years back was a good example of his mentality. Probably didnt want to get to near the front in case the wind messed his hair up!
he's the Cadel of single-day races
Old 10-04-10, 08:38

Leukemans just has bad luck. He never wins, always misses the podium but works like a donkey. He deserves better, but he shouldn't complain as much as he does. Train a bit harder, and make your own luck!
Old 10-04-10, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaaaas View Post
he's the Cadel of single-day races
Like it , I will Evans some credit he did ride his socks off Sunday. Evans would have the advantage over pippo in the 'gurning' competition though...god that aussie is ugly...must be what happens to your face when you sit in the wheels and suck all day...face like a rubber monkey