Cancellara's risky bet - focus on LBL, Lombardia... - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-02-10, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobilis View Post
What surprised me more is when he stated that the reason behind him leaving Saxo Bank was Contador and the change of focus in the team. During the Schleck period, the whole team was dedicated to the 2 brothers and not Cancellara, so the arrival of Contador wouldn't have changed the way the team operates. So it's not the real reason for leaving Saxo IMO.
The classic team was entirely focused on Cancellara even in all the Schleck years. The problem is that all his close friends left and the new hirings were all clearly targeted to be GT helpers for AC and a pretty weak squad in support of Spartacus. However, I would have loved to see AC and FC in best form riding a team trial... wasn't supposed to be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Hope he fails, that's all I can say lol.
sad. says a lot about you. enviousness, jealousy malicious joy... don't know how this makes some people happy...
Old 11-02-10, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBVK View Post
They can keep doing those accelerations, especially up hills - leaving Canc behind.
I can't wait for the 2001 accelerations, from whoever they shall come... but as we know FC, if he targets something he is serious about it... remember Mendrisio uphill accelerations... clash of the titans... will be fun to watch Gilbert, FC and all the guys going for all...

Last edited by la.margna; 11-02-10 at 21:47.
Old 11-02-10, 21:45

Old 11-02-10, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by la.margna View Post
The classic team was entirely focused on Cancellara even in all the Schleck years. The problem is that all his close friends left and the new hirings were all clearly targeted to be GT helpers for AC and a pretty weak squad in support of Spartacus. However, I would have loved to see AC and FC in best form riding a team trial... wasn't supposed to be...

sad. says a lot about you. enviousness, jealousy malicious joy... don't know how this makes some people happy...
So every guy that is a fan of another cyclist is sad according to you

Who the hell wants his fav cyclist to lose? Smart ***.

I'm not going to make a secret about the fact I'd much rather see Gilbert finally winning Luik than Cancellara. If Gilbert wouldn't enter LBL I would probably root for Cancellara anyway.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-02-10 at 21:49.
Old 11-02-10, 21:56

Quote:
So every guy that is a fan of another cyclist is sad according to you
stay with the truth and the facts and don't turn my words around to create a lie... are you a journalist?

Quote:
Smart ***.
says also again a lot about you.

Quote:
I'm not going to make a secret about the fact I'd much rather see Gilbert finally winning Luik than Cancellara. If Gilbert wouldn't enter LBL I would probably root for Cancellara anyway.
If you prefer Gilbert to win, that's fair and your right, no worries, everybody shall want his favourite to win. I like Gilbert's way to ride and attack. But hoping that somebody fails at something and enjoying it, that's entirely different, has no class and is pretty poor...

Old 11-02-10, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by la.margna View Post
stay with the truth and the facts and don't turn my words around to create a lie... are you a journalist?

says also again a lot about you.

If you prefer Gilbert to win, that's fair and your right, no worries, everybody shall want his favourite to win. I like Gilbert's way to ride and attack. But hoping that somebody fails at something and enjoying it, that's entirely different, has no class and is pretty poor...

I would enjoy the fact that Gilbert wins, not the fact that Canc loses

I never said I enjoy to see Cancellara lose though People know here I'm a (big) Gilbert fan, so most will know what I meant.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-02-10 at 22:04.
Old 11-02-10, 22:17

Quote:
I would enjoy the fact that Gilbert wins, not the fact that Canc loses

I never said I enjoy to see Cancellara lose though People know here I'm a (big) Gilbert fan, so most will know what I meant.
ok, now I can go to bed in peace!
yeah, they both rock, unfortunately, only one of them can win...
Old 11-02-10, 22:52

I think is good that Cance is seeking new challenges & perhaps begin to aim for different races than the Cobbles Classics & ITT. He's a very unique rider whose physical qualities can take him ever farther if he's willing to shape it for more challenging races. I'd love to see him at least once in his career to go for a Paris-Nice or Dauphine with the lowest weight ever attainable and see what he's capable of....
Old 11-02-10, 23:15

Very risky Fabian...Cadel will win Liege and Gilbert will win lombardie...Should stick to the cobbled classics.
Old 11-02-10, 23:18

The question that imediately comes to my mind is how this will work out with Canc on the team of the Schlecks, either of whom could target the same races.