Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-17-10, 18:11

Default Sign here if you think Henao is a future star on the european scene.

If we can have a thread about David Kemp and several about Taylor Phinney i think we can have one on this guy.

seeing as how cycling experts and much of this forum are building up several anglo and european riders including Richie Porte Sagan, Kennaugh, TJ, EBH, Phinney etc as the future gt stars i want a list of posters who think the unsung Henao will beat them all.

Sign here and years from now you can point to this thread to show that you knew more about cycling than Phil Ligget

I know his tt may be a problem but he can work on it and losing 1 20 to Oscar Sevilla in a 36 k tt isnt that bad.

I eagerly await his arrival on the european scene
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-17-10, 18:19

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Henao, Betancourt, Atapuma, Quintana, Pantano, Beltran...

I will build them all up to be future stars of cycling. Colombia (the country, not the team) has a god awesome batch of talents lately.
Not to mention Uran is still only 23 and Duarte is not exactly old yet either
Old 12-17-10, 18:21

man Hitch you weren't lying when you said you were bored, but I gotta love me some Colombians as well
Old 12-17-10, 18:22

Depends on many factors, including his mental strength to adapt to Europe and also several Clinic-related factors that made the Colombians all but disappear from the face of Earth in the 90s.
Old 12-17-10, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
Henao, Betancourt, Atapuma, Quintana, Pantano, Beltran...

I will build them all up to be future stars of cycling. Colombia (the country, not the team) has a god awesome batch of talents lately.
Not to mention Uran is still only 23 and Duarte is not exactly old yet either
I agree about the others. Personally i dont care who does it, i want a non anglo/ european rider bringing it in gts and i love Colombias passion for cycling.

But i was motivate to put Henao forward because unlike the others, he has actually WON the Vuelta colombia, a big 2 week stage race which makes the Tourmalet look like the Col de la Croix de la Serra

And most importantly, unlike the others, despite his win he doesnt have many articles about him, and he didnt even have a wikipedia profile until i created one 10 minutes ago.

Actually i create this thread because i want to put in the phrase " While Henao has been relatively ignored by cycling experts, he is seen by cycling fans as a potential Grand Tour winner", and then link this thread as the refference
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-17-10, 18:48

I think he should be. He has the talent to. Whether he will be is another matter, whether it be for lack of opportunity, willingness, or ability to adapt to Europe.
Old 12-17-10, 18:59
Banned

I hope he will and think he should, like Libertine. However I fear that he might not, unless he comes over in a Colombian team. For some reason most SOuth American don't really adjust well to the European scene
Old 12-17-10, 19:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Depends on many factors, including his mental strength to adapt to Europe and also several Clinic-related factors that made the Colombians all but disappear from the face of Earth in the 90s.
+1.

I hoping for the best. It looks like the perfect time.
Old 12-17-10, 19:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Actually i create this thread because i want to put in the phrase " While Henao has been relatively ignored by cycling experts, he is seen by cycling fans as a potential Grand Tour winner", and then link this thread as the refference
While I agree with the bunch about his potential, I believe you created this thread with an eye to your future signature block:

"The Hitch: Official Cycling News breaker of Henao's potential to shine in the Euro scene. Take that you Aussie punk."
Old 12-17-10, 19:42

Location: This account has been quit by its creator since Sept 23, 2012.

I hope he'll justify your expectations but... I don't know... they all (I mean South American riders) are too unpredictable in Europe... Don't know how it'll work out in the case of Henao...