Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-21-11, 14:23

WT-status with 10+ sprinters and 0 great climbers?

World Cup, ProTour...now it's the end of the WorldTour.

EDIT: Even Footon-Servetto had a more balanced squad :O

Last edited by IlCobraFan; 10-21-11 at 14:26.
Old 10-21-11, 17:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
It's almost a certainty they will be WT imo.
Of course they will, Fat Pat likes them (i.e. has been donated a villa on the Gold Coast). That's all you need.
Old 10-21-11, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Of course they will, Fat Pat likes them (i.e. has been donated a villa on the Gold Coast). That's all you need.
and will be seen pre TDU in a pair of speedos working on the tan .
Old 10-21-11, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Exactly. Really disappointing. If it was a quality squad, I would wish them all the best. But frankly, it's really poor given the amount of 'planning' that has supposedly gone into the team.
Old 10-22-11, 00:22

Hey, has anyone got details of the length of contracts for the GreenEdge riders? On their site press releases it just says 'for 2012' for every guy.

itd..
Old 10-22-11, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
Obviously I don't believe he was lying, it was just my way of expressing that he's as good as confirmed to be with GreenEdge next year.
And I was just agreeing with you.
Old 10-22-11, 03:03

Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyboy View Post
Hey, has anyone got details of the length of contracts for the GreenEdge riders? On their site press releases it just says 'for 2012' for every guy.
I'm guessing they won't have many long contracts since they don't even know for sure if they'll be WT and they don't have a main sponsor yet. Some of the main names will probably have the standard 2 year contracts but I would think they would have as many as agree to it on one year contracts at least to start with.

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” - Max Planck
Old 10-22-11, 07:52

Americain had a strong showing today. If he can get over the line on the 1st, the same day Green Edge gets their WT status, maybe Ryan will celebrate and get Menchov... just buy Davis out of his contract or something.
Old 10-22-11, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
I'm guessing they won't have many long contracts since they don't even know for sure if they'll be WT and they don't have a main sponsor yet. Some of the main names will probably have the standard 2 year contracts but I would think they would have as many as agree to it on one year contracts at least to start with.
Yeah I've found a few of them, but I'm trying to get info on every potential WorldTour team's contracts to make a big database for next season's transfer period.

itd..
Old 10-22-11, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Americain had a strong showing today. If he can get over the line on the 1st, the same day Green Edge gets their WT status, maybe Ryan will celebrate and get Menchov... just buy Davis out of his contract or something.
I think GreenEdge will need a sprinter like Black Caviar to do something next year!

Not a big surprise Amercain won today, conditions suited him and he was pretty much unbackable favourite.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.