Andreas Kloden's Final Bid For Another Coveted Top 10 Tour Finish, 'Official' Thread - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-20-11, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwibus View Post
I'd be surprised if he ended up in the top10 really. Radioshack will probably put their money on Brajkovic and besides that I just don't see Kloden in the top10 anymore.
I agree w/ Kwibus. I like Klodi... he's been such a loyal domestique over the years when he himself could have been going for a high placing. But he's getting a little too old to compete with the young thoroughbreds. Plus with Brako and Levi, I'm afraid Klodi might just fall back to the familiar role of super domestique... not that I expect much of Levi either at the Tour. So with the other your guys and his own team's makeup, I don't know if he can get into the top ten at the Tour, but it will be fun watching to seen if he can. I'd like it if he did.
Old 02-20-11, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblestoned View Post
what a champ.a modest and very classy rider,one of my favourites.

i hope that in this year's tour de france,radioshack will be different than last year,because that was the weakest team bruyneel ever had.i really trust johan will do his job and both klodi and brajkovic will make the top 10.they will surprise us i'm sure.
Old 02-20-11, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblestoned View Post
Thanks! nice video. I also hope he does well. Although I seriously doubt he'll crack the top 5.

Following that video thread; I came across this analysis by Chris Horner of AC's acceleration (stage 17, 09, TDF), which basically dropped Klodi.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituh5...eature=related

Last edited by xmoonx; 02-20-11 at 19:35. Reason: Klodi related starts @ 3:20
Old 02-20-11, 23:53

Location: one foot firmly planted in reality (?), the other one God knows where
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoonx View Post
...I came across this analysis by Chris Horner of AC's acceleration (stage 17, 09, TDF), which basically dropped Klodi....
Puleeze!! Horner never analyzed spit. Although I admit he sounds credible talking off the top of his head -- until one really listens!
Old 02-21-11, 00:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tibbs View Post
Agreeing with 'stoned, Libertine, and (of course) greg: Klodi isn't a captain, despite ability. He remains my favorite GT contender, but I know what to expect from him, and would love to see one more top ten ride. That's all I really have to say, so here' a pic:

Not so sure about him being a captain, but he's been on the podium in the Tour de France twice, so it does seem like he knows what to do in a three week stage race. Of course, his best years might be behind him. And I myself am a Kloden fanboy. Who knows if he'll target a high overall placing at the Tour, with Janez on their roster chances are he won't.

He did do a pretty good ride at todays TT in Algarve today though
Old 02-21-11, 02:02
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoonx View Post
Thanks! nice video. I also hope he does well. Although I seriously doubt he'll crack the top 5.

Following that video thread; I came across this analysis by Chris Horner of AC's acceleration (stage 17, 09, TDF), which basically dropped Klodi.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituh5...eature=related
hahah hilarious stuff

he is just saying so much crap that its not even worth to go into details about what is crap and what isn't
Old 02-21-11, 02:31

All efforts for Robbie McEwen and the green jersey.
Old 02-21-11, 02:55

Everyone loves Klöden, seems like such a nice, humble character.

I think he would have been in with a shot in 2007 if he didn't have to stay back and help Vino, they didn't finish the Tour anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. If only JB can make him want to win, in my mind he's a class above the other TRS chances.
Old 02-21-11, 02:58

I think Kloden has seen how the German media skewered Ullrich over the years and has decided he wants none of that. Yes he has shown the talent to podium at the Tour, but as mentioned it appears he has no desire to captain a team at the Tour at this point in his career. When the leadership has fallen into his lap he's handled it like it was radioactive, and his performance has suffered. When he's riding as 2nd option, with less pressure than the leader, he seems to excell. Nevertheless he's always been a classy rider IMO, and being a close friend with the Der Kaiser gives him big points in my book, my being a Jan fan boy.
Old 02-21-11, 03:03

Default Kloden

Kloden totally has a chance to WIN!! Not just top 10.

If he was the team leader, he would kick ***.

Last year the whole team held him back. He has always been 2nd on the "team".

Give him freedom and he can do it.

Top 10 would be easy. Go for the win.

He has great experience with TdF.

2nd overall Tour de France

2nd overall Tour de France

2nd, Prologue Tour de France
2nd, Stage 13 Tour de France
6th, Stage 14 Tour de France

6th Overall, Tour de France