You Like This! - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > MTB > General

General Whether it's cross country, marathon or gravity, post all your MTB chat here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-03-11, 13:14
bc_hills's Avatar
bc_hills bc_hills is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC Selkirks!
Posts: 233
Default You Like This!

If you've got 27 minutes to spare, this will get you motivated...

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/you-lik...ovie-2011.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-03-11, 16:30
Boeing's Avatar
Boeing Boeing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,054
Default

Skills

I love how the dude about 3:40 in loads the front end pre turn and transfers to the rear cornering porpoise effect.

dude is on it

watch and learn roadies
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-11, 16:38
Boeing's Avatar
Boeing Boeing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,054
Default

I just cant do that anymore with this old tattered body

this is better footage than The Collective..


Is Miranda Miller listening to Waylon Jennings in the pick up? word

She schools all dudes better than Tammy Donahugh




so sick, terrain and so many rippers out there now wow this is a great vid and pinkbike rules

Last edited by Boeing; 05-03-11 at 22:29.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-04-11, 04:09
Boeing's Avatar
Boeing Boeing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,054
Default

Brandon Semenuk.wmv
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-04-11, 05:52
on3m@n@rmy's Avatar
on3m@n@rmy on3m@n@rmy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 3,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc_hills View Post
If you've got 27 minutes to spare, this will get you motivated...

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/you-lik...ovie-2011.html
Awsome video - thanks for the link.

Do you know what that music was playing during the credits at the end? Don't think it was Grits or RMZ, but whatever it was I like.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-04-11, 12:35
bc_hills's Avatar
bc_hills bc_hills is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC Selkirks!
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
Skills

I love how the dude about 3:40 in loads the front end pre turn and transfers to the rear cornering porpoise effect.

dude is on it

watch and learn roadies
They make it look easy. A lot of the camera angles don't do justice to how steep some of those lines are.

My favorite sound in the world is the sound of a full suspension bike absorbing a hit. It sounds like it feels, and I don't think there's a word for that.

And Miranda Miller does absolutely kill it. Since moving to BC I've been left in the dust by more women on mtbs than I can count.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-10-11, 22:26
Boeing's Avatar
Boeing Boeing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc_hills View Post
They make it look easy. A lot of the camera angles don't do justice to how steep some of those lines are.

My favorite sound in the world is the sound of a full suspension bike absorbing a hit. It sounds like it feels, and I don't think there's a word for that.

And Miranda Miller does absolutely kill it. Since moving to BC I've been left in the dust by more women on mtbs than I can count.

the skills at speed are amazing. and the way these guys throw the rear wheel around to corner is beyond explanation and almost beyond physics of 2 round wheels
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-11, 21:49
Boeing's Avatar
Boeing Boeing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,054
Default

bc,

speaking of skills

http://video.mpora.com/watch/1Ou8qwnA9/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-11, 23:47
bc_hills's Avatar
bc_hills bc_hills is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC Selkirks!
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
yeah, that's just so beyond anything I can relate to doing on my bike I can't even think about it. It's amazing how much bmx riding has influenced mtb...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-11, 04:53
Boeing's Avatar
Boeing Boeing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc_hills View Post
yeah, that's just so beyond anything I can relate to doing on my bike I can't even think about it. It's amazing how much bmx riding has influenced mtb...
there is nothing in that video that this lad can touch either.
no doubt the sickest riders around and bmx is a huge influence in may areas of the industry


the thing about downhill or slope style bike handling that kills me is how front wheel dominant the best riders are
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.