Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-11, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricknd View Post
how dare you question poor alberto? don't you know lance was mean to him?
Sure he was mean to him. Hell even I do not like that bang bang pencil **** Gehy looking a$$clown. He takes advantage of poor cycling fans sympathetic feelings about his aneurism. What type of person would play on that? He learned well from his former "teammate".
Old 05-13-11, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.
You are being very generous to the OP. The news is never so slow in the Clinic to warrant this kind of dross.
Old 05-13-11, 01:34

No one ever criticized Vaughters when he came out with his voxpop on hgh, talking about "peoples heads growing" and making him shy from it, and reticent about his charges pursuing that.

Contadors head is growing, his teeth are compacting and skewing, and his brow ridge is growing. Eyebrows are going off the chart too.
Old 05-13-11, 01:39

His head is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) this guy is doped to the gills.

'Only once did clenbuterol show up in 83,203 animal samples tested by EU countries in 2008 and 2009, says the European Commission's directorate for health and consumer policy. Spain tested 19,431 samples in those years; none was positive for the drug.'
Old 05-13-11, 01:40

Quote:
The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.
Your opinion and my opinion vary greatly. Not much we can discuss as long as your blinded by the Bang Bang Fanboy-ism.
Old 05-13-11, 01:40

Quote:
I don't think I claimed it as scientific but it struck me how his head has changed so rapidly. Someone mention Sastre's face as well and Cuddles is looking more and more like Keith Richards every day.

Now brow and chin growth are supposed to be symptoms of HGH use. Now, it might be that I am imagining that Dertie's head is growing/morphing - I thought it when I saw him interviewed rather than from stills.

So really it's two questions - has his head grown/changed? And if it has is this a visible sign of him being an HGH user - is his type of head-growth the same type you expect from an HGH user?

We know he's working with Marti so the question is what has Marti got him on - HGH? Clen?

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 05-13-11, 02:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
Your opinion and my opinion vary greatly. Not much we can discuss as long as your blinded by the Bang Bang Fanboy-ism.
Hahaha, what? Me, a Contador fanboy? Dream on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
I don't think I claimed it as scientific but it struck me how his head has changed so rapidly. Someone mention Sastre's face as well and Cuddles is looking more and more like Keith Richards every day.

Now brow and chin growth are supposed to be symptoms of HGH use. Now, it might be that I am imagining that Dertie's head is growing/morphing - I thought it when I saw him interviewed rather than from stills.

So really it's two questions - has his head grown/changed? And if it has is this a visible sign of him being an HGH user - is his type of head-growth the same type you expect from an HGH user?

We know he's working with Marti so the question is what has Marti got him on - HGH? Clen?
I'm pretty sure Contador uses HGH. I think he's a doper, and HGH is apparently one of the cornerstones of modern doping, so unless he's also allergic to it or something weird like that he probably uses it. I also think bone structure and growth could theoretically be studied in a scientific manner, allowing us to conclude if there's any abnormalities. But it's simply not something we have the tools to do in a forum, just by looking at pictures and footage. We have no way to know how much of that change is simply a product of ageing (Evans, for example, already had a massive jaw as a kid). That's what I mean when I say there's not much to discuss. It's a scientific issue. True, other scientific issues (like those related to blood values) are discussed here, but we have more data to go by. This, however, is mostly baseless speculation.
Old 05-13-11, 02:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe View Post
His head is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) this guy is doped to the gills.
I have to disagree, the fact that he is winning almost every GT he enters, and riding known dopers off his wheel is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) that he is doping. And I don't understand this whole "doped to the gills" crap. Do we really believe that any of the top guys are not availing themselves of the best programs that they can afford?

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 05-13-11, 02:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
Is it me or has something odd happened to Contador's head and face.
Very contrasting lighting in those shots, to me it just looks like he's got older and his face is leaner. Your body fat percentage can also change your looks dramatically, a rider is going to look different in March to the end of July. A change from 10% to 5% is going to make anyones bones stick out.
Old 05-13-11, 02:49

Default You can't compare those photos

Look who's next to him in some of those photos.

He was to worried about getting a ride back to the hotel in that podium photo. He could see LA and Brunyeel driving away from his view on the the podium.

In the Astana shot I think he was wondering why his bike was having 105 installed.

Now he's happy, happy with Riis.
Closed Thread