Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 07-12-11, 19:59

Default ESPN = Idiots

ESPN has a commentator, Micheal Smith, who has said that he thought the video of Flecha and Hoogerland was funny

Quote:
that crash is hilarious. Every. Time."
Many cyclists have called him out on it....which has led to him taunting them and encourginng his many followers to do the same

Quote:
Today I've managed offend cyclists everywhere. Guess what? It's still funny."
http://twitter.com/#!/MrMichael_Smith

Classless
Old 07-12-11, 20:01

Sooo that guy is never getting a single interview of any cyclist. I would suggest he throws himself through the air into some barbed wire and see if he still thinks it's funny. Moron.
Old 07-12-11, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
ESPN has a commentator, Micheal Smith, who has said that he thought the video of Flecha and Hoogerland was funny

Many cyclists have called him out on it....which has led to him taunting them and encourginng his many followers to do the same

http://twitter.com/#!/MrMichael_Smith

Classless
Don't feed the trolls. I've never heard of him and he is obviously loving the attention because he isn't known for anything else. He's just a typical hack journalist and blowhard.

Do you really expect anything else from a guy who makes his living reporting on the NFL?

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal

Last edited by Mrs John Murphy; 07-12-11 at 20:07.
Old 07-12-11, 20:07

He's a classless jacka$$. I hope that ESPN recognizes this and relegates him to covering hot dog eating contests and ice fishing in sub zero weather.
Old 07-12-11, 20:10

Angry

this the explicit ignorance of the AMERICAN sport reporters unfamiliar with the sport and yet entitled to opine in such absurd manner about an incident of that cruel nature..... but looking at the guy- what more can anyone expect from an obese stupid reporter like him who probably hasn't ever ridden a bicycle in his miserable life...?
Old 07-12-11, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
Don't feed the trolls. I've never heard of him and he is obviously loving the attention because he isn't known for anything else. He's just a typical hack journalist and blowhard.

Do you really expect anything else from a guy who makes his living reporting on the NFL?
If he was just a troll I would not have said anything. He is one of ESPN's more visible reporters and has close to 100,000 followers on twitter
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...pxAI_blog.html

Last edited by Race Radio; 07-12-11 at 20:14.
Old 07-12-11, 20:11

probably the same guy that trolled during the football world cup?
Old 07-12-11, 20:14

Whats this a classless american with a big mouth? I'm shocked.
Old 07-12-11, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post

He is hardly just some troll. Do you think ESPN would put somebody who was a hack on the NFL? In the US the NFL would be nirvana, the hack reporter gets cycling.

He a ****** and I hope Gary Fisher follows through on his promise to punch him in the face.
Old 07-12-11, 20:17
Banned

Get Lance onto him.