Eurosport commentary - Page 23 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-18-13, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Is Sean that awesome or what?
Youd like him. He likes Alberto Contador
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-18-13, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by staubsauger View Post
That would be pretty awesome! Still me favorite classic.
Would be great. But at least Sporza also stream it for free from their website (available to those in Belgium and those who know how to trick the internet into thinking they're in Belgium )
Old 01-18-13, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
and i don't think i'm wrong when i say arenberg was on eurosport live last year. they covered the last 140 km or so.
All depends which Eurosport you're watching. On a number of occasions in past years much of Eurosport has had decent classics coverage while British Eurosport has had motorbike racing on and left some big classics coverage until as late as 20km to go. The O'Grady Roubaix year springs to mind as particularly bad.
Old 01-18-13, 23:46

Send a message via ICQ to search Send a message via Skype™ to search

Quote:
Jean Claude Leclerq also isn't that bad as an expert is he? I like him (had to fix with his Suisse first of course)
he is the best they ever had, even better than Rominger. Without him it would be more or less unwatchable, Jansch is gone I think, Schulz not doing any commentary anmore and Leinauer is just terrible. And Miegels, I kind of liked him in the beginning but I can't stand him anymore to be honest. He certainly lacks knowledge about recent proceedings in cycling, can't identify one single rider and is always using the same phrases ("not too bad" instead of good, "not too good" instead of bad, and so on)
Old 01-19-13, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Classics View Post
All depends which Eurosport you're watching. On a number of occasions in past years much of Eurosport has had decent classics coverage while British Eurosport has had motorbike racing on and left some big classics coverage until as late as 20km to go. The O'Grady Roubaix year springs to mind as particularly bad.
With two channels there's not really an excuse for that, I remember last year watching some stuff on Eurosport HD (the International version) that was a lot earlier than when British Eurosport started coverage. Not even got that option this season as it's all British Eurosport HD.

Does anyone know why Eurosport have dropped coverage of the two Swiss WT races? I hope Sky haven't grabbed them. The only other things I don't see listed are the two non-WT German races that were covered last season. Langkawi possibly as well? Or am I imagining it being on?
Old 01-19-13, 09:19

World Championships seem to be absent from that list
Old 01-19-13, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by argyllflyer View Post
With two channels there's not really an excuse for that, I remember last year watching some stuff on Eurosport HD (the International version) that was a lot earlier than when British Eurosport started coverage. Not even got that option this season as it's all British Eurosport HD.
There are? I ask because my epg is still showing both, so the option to split is still there.
Presumably the International tv guide is still available on their site, reached by changing location.

Quote:
Does anyone know why Eurosport have dropped coverage of the two Swiss WT races? I hope Sky haven't grabbed them. The only other things I don't see listed are the two non-WT German races that were covered last season. Langkawi possibly as well? Or am I imagining it being on?
I'm not sure that the programme guide posted includes Brit Eurosport. A list of channels on page 2 does not include them.

Brit Eurosport alone showed the 2 Swiss races, these past 2 years.
So I wouldn't worry just yet.

A good option would be to buy a cheap sat receiver and dish, point it at Hotbird and get Rai Sports 2 for free.
Along with no worries over all the Italian races, (providing they sort it out with the RCS) they cover all the Belgian races live.
Old 01-19-13, 09:54

Quote:
Jean Claude Leclerq also isn't that bad as an expert is he? I like him (had to fix with his Suisse first of course)
I don't know him. This year will be the first time I watch any race with German commentary.
Old 01-19-13, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
There are? I ask because my epg is still showing both, so the option to split is still there.
Presumably the International tv guide is still available on their site, reached by changing location.

I'm not sure that the programme guide posted includes Brit Eurosport. A list of channels on page 2 does not include them.

Brit Eurosport alone showed the 2 Swiss races, these past 2 years.
So I wouldn't worry just yet.

A good option would be to buy a cheap sat receiver and dish, point it at Hotbird and get Rai Sports 2 for free.
Along with no worries over all the Italian races, (providing they sort it out with the RCS) they cover all the Belgian races live.
Ah ok - on the Swiss races, I didn't know it was only British Eurosport that showed them. Seems a bit odd - is that down to European rights going elsewhere in France etc?

And what I meant about British Eurosport messing up Classics coverage because of motorbikes (and the Giro too iirc) was that last spring, Sky had British Eurosport 1/2 in SD and International Eurosport in HD. Now, the HD channels are both versions of British Eurosport, with no International HD as an alternative to moto GP and tennis or whatever they cover.

Getting an extra dish isn't that straightforward where I live so I'll make do with streams and cycling.tv for now to get the races Eurosport ignore... first challenge is trying to watch the Tour Down Under (as live, when I get in from work) as I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription a few months back.
Old 01-19-13, 10:38

Quote:
Ah ok - on the Swiss races, I didn't know it was only British Eurosport that showed them. Seems a bit odd - is that down to European rights going elsewhere in France etc?

And what I meant about British Eurosport messing up Classics coverage because of motorbikes (and the Giro too iirc) was that last spring, Sky had British Eurosport 1/2 in SD and International Eurosport in HD. Now, the HD channels are both versions of British Eurosport, with no International HD as an alternative to moto GP and tennis or whatever they cover.

Getting an extra dish isn't that straightforward where I live so I'll make do with streams and cycling.tv for now to get the races Eurosport ignore... first challenge is trying to watch the Tour Down Under (as live, when I get in from work) as I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription a few months back.
Another way of getting round Eurosport coverage differing by country is buying Eurosport player and using a VPN/proxy. It's all IP recognised so log in from a French proxyy and you'll get Eurosport as it is in France even though you're in UK. There's nothing illegal in it, by the way.