Schlecks Depreciation Thread - Page 51 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-11, 01:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiwan View Post
I'd say he's got a pretty good leader to take care of him!
Well, he's definitely nice to his puppies and all that, but I fear he might be spoiling them. I mean, look at Noval.
Old 07-24-11, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Haha, yeah, that's the obvious counter, but Jesús Hernández is a lapdog. His master's victories are his own. As long as he gets fed and a warm place by the hearth, he's content.
I would say friend rather than master. On the road he does his job for Contador but the second they get off their bikes there is no seniority. They do everything together. Its all in the latest ciclismo al fondo
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 07-24-11, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Cat took your sense of humor?
Did I have one in the first place?

Forever tęte de la course.
Old 07-24-11, 03:21

At the end of the day, the Schlecks lost the tour because they were too coward to attack in the Pyrinees. If they had had the courage then, they would be on the two top steps now.
Old 07-24-11, 03:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Allen View Post
Watching the highlights last night, Cadel Evans and Andy Schleck were shown riding the same corner. Evans went into the corner hard, barely clearing the wall. Schleck was much slower through the same corner. At least some of his time losses were due to his poor bike handling. He needs to spend his off season racing cyclocross and riding single track. And he should race (not ride) any ASO races with important preview stages.
Yep. Mtn bike and ski. And get lasik if necessary. Thor gave some props to his skiing background as a source of his DH prowess. Represent. Cadel was fairly average skills-wise for a mtn biker as I recall, but as you can see it translates to exceptional on the tarmack.

Three former pro XC mtn bikers in the top 10 this year. Tommy D. Peraud. and EVANS. F yeah!

Getting my vision fixed to near perfection was a huge boost for my DHing. I really can't emphasize that enough.
Old 07-24-11, 04:10

andy schleck will will be considered a favorite for the next two tours- if alberto is finally suspended, that is.
Old 07-24-11, 04:31

I think the Schlecks needs to sacrifice Frank for Andy to win. They cant have it both. Question is if they will...?
Old 07-24-11, 04:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnytanlines View Post
if alberto is finally suspended, that is.
for what?
He has won the giro, he as behaved like a champion in the TdF.
it's over... let him ride
Old 07-24-11, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip:30 View Post
Yep. Mtn bike and ski. And get lasik if necessary. Thor gave some props to his skiing background as a source of his DH prowess. Represent. Cadel was fairly average skills-wise for a mtn biker as I recall, but as you can see it translates to exceptional on the tarmack.

Three former pro XC mtn bikers in the top 10 this year. Tommy D. Peraud. and EVANS. F yeah!

Getting my vision fixed to near perfection was a huge boost for my DHing. I really can't emphasize that enough.
yeah 2 time world champ is pretty average
Old 07-24-11, 06:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggusta View Post
Yes, he will be at least every bit the Tour winner as Oscar Pereiro is now regarded.
I still hope he learned something this year and will get a real win one day!! In the end, personally, I still kinda like the guy and would be happy for him I dunno how he would handle another second place in the future. I'm not sure if he's got enough self-irony
Closed Thread