Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-18-12, 05:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedelou View Post
I did read the interview all right: while any journalist can pose any question he wants , Andy response is what qualifies him. does not take much to move on to a better topic if he want. As far as misrepresenting He was the one who put on an attack, vino responded with Conti on his wheel.. Andy messes up worse than a newbie as Alberto blast by leaving Andy where he stood. In the end I believe Contador did slow up or else Andy would never see him again on that stage.
He was asked if he was angry and he answered with he was only angry after the chain incident, anybody would be angry after that. And later when asked about it again, all he says is between Contador's positive and the chain incidient the chain incident was the worse for him. This is not whining.

And Andy did in no way misinterpret what happened. He says his chain came off and Contador attacked, this is the basic summary of what happened. There's no need for him to go into every little detail on how exactly it happened. I'd agree Contador did eventually slow down some, but it wasn't until Sanchez and Menchov were about to catch up to him; and after they did, they along with him kept the pace high.

Last edited by Afrank; 12-18-12 at 05:30.
Old 12-18-12, 05:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
First, if you want to involve yourself in discussion, you have to read all posts relevant to it. That's the only way to keep discussion sensible.
Second, did Andy have a reason to apologize? Was there a controversy in the case you're bringing up?
Quote:
I'm sure you know it's not that simple.
Also, I'm sure you're aware that it's not Schleck who's talking all over again about stage 15.

Paradoxically, stage 15 is obsession of Contador's fans. They're the ones who react first on its mention, and it's necessarily derogatory.
Amusing need and way to maintain their beliefs in divine persona of their idol.

It was me who bring the interview to the forum and it was Andy the first to bring the chaingate in his interview (like Frank summons "Sastre's betrayal" in Alp d'huez each time he can), despite the stages 2 and 3 of that Tour no one ever heard any complain from Contador, neither at 2011 when he lost 1:30 at the first stage.

The "obsession" is the chaingate (39 seconds) and hide the stages 2 and 3 (between 4 and 5 minutes) and the difference is while AC went with Menchov and Sanchez, Cancellara went at full throttle.

And second you should be more educated with other forumers, even more when their join date and number of posts denotes more antiquity and importance.
Old 12-18-12, 19:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
It was me who bring the interview to the forum and it was Andy the first to bring the chaingate in his interview (like Frank summons "Sastre's betrayal" in Alp d'huez each time he can), despite the stages 2 and 3 of that Tour no one ever heard any complain from Contador, neither at 2011 when he lost 1:30 at the first stage.

The "obsession" is the chaingate (39 seconds) and hide the stages 2 and 3 (between 4 and 5 minutes) and the difference is while AC went with Menchov and Sanchez, Cancellara went at full throttle.

And second you should be more educated with other forumers, even more when their join date and number of posts denotes more antiquity and importance.
If you brought the interview, then you know Schleck only responded to journalist's question. Everything else is bias interpretation.
Regarding join date and number of posts - it means nothing. What's written matters.
Old 12-18-12, 19:44

Quote:
If you brought the interview, then you know Schleck only responded to journalist's question. Everything else is bias interpretation.
Regarding join date and number of posts - it means nothing. What's written matters.
But how Andy responded, "it was not sporting", says it all really. He's still not over it, just like the bros are still going on about the Sastre thing.
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-18-12, 20:05

Will this whinney wee boy never get over it??? he attacked, blew his gear change and lost, simple as. The whole interview he looks as if he's looking for mummy or Frank to hold his hand through it. Pratt!!!

If you draw your sword first then drop it....tough!!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 12-18-12, 20:24

He is over it, he was asked if he was angry about the 2010 tour, and replied with he was only angry about the chain incident but is not angry anymore. I think it is the Contador fans that are not over it, the slightest little mention of any part of it and they jump all over it and declare him a whiner and completely ignore everything else that was said.
Old 12-18-12, 20:25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
But how Andy responded, "it was not sporting", says it all really. He's still not over it, just like the bros are still going on about the Sastre thing.
I thought we've absolved the fair-play topic.
If he is or isn't over it, it's irrelevant. It's his personal and intimate feeling, and he has right to have it. Just like Contador will always feel he suffered injustice.
And someone's feelings (especially justified) aren't reason for mocking. It's rude and pathetic.
Old 12-18-12, 20:32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
Will this whinney wee boy never get over it??? he attacked, blew his gear change and lost, simple as. The whole interview he looks as if he's looking for mummy or Frank to hold his hand through it. Pratt!!!

If you draw your sword first then drop it....tough!!
Imagine how pathetic and miserable champion Contador is, if this sissy, crybaby, "whinney wee boy" is his biggest rival.
He couldn't put even a minute in such a spoiled brat. That's the measure of Contador - "whinney wee" Schleck.
Old 12-18-12, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
He is over it, he was asked if he was angry about the 2010 tour, and replied with he was only angry about the chain incident but is not angry anymore. I think it is the Contador fans that are not over it, the slightest little mention of any part of it and they jump all over it and declare him a whiner and completely ignore everything else that was said.
That's exactly what's going on. And it's the reason why I'm supporting Andy next year instead of Contador(Purito remains my favourite ofc), whose fans and supporters seem to be more interested in hating on Schleck than in supporting their idol, by the looks of their posts. Even when he's having pure bad luck they just can't think of anything else to say.
Old 12-18-12, 21:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I didn't interpret it that way, I still get the impression it's eating at him, whatever he says.

Boldy bit - Nah I'd declare him a whiner anytime. It's really simple, if he'd man up, grow a pair, whatever and use a fraction of that incredible god given talent he has, I'd have nothing but respect for him; until then everytime he complains about something I'll label him a whiner.

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org