Andy Schleck Discussion thread. - Page 266 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-18-12, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Imagine how pathetic and miserable champion Contador is, if this sissy, crybaby, "whinney wee boy" is his biggest rival.
He couldn't put even a minute in such a spoiled brat. That's the measure of Contador - "whinney wee" Schleck.
Hang on ... what are you wittering about mate, 2010??

The tour that Spartacus made sure was riden to suit Andy, nulling stages where necessary going on the attack when road conditions allowed on a year where Contador wasn't at his best?? Andy had every option to win that race on the road HE failed. On the line in Paris, 1 second is all the difference it needs, not minutes, not hours.

Yes I'm a Contador fan and if Andy could grow a pair and use his talent, I'd be a fan of his as well. I'm all for riders who make our sport the exciting spectacle it is, if Andy can do something that gets him to that category I'll give the plaudits he deserves.....until then!!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 12-18-12, 22:21

Quote:
Imagine how pathetic and miserable champion Contador is, if this sissy, crybaby, "whinney wee boy" is his biggest rival.
He couldn't put even a minute in such a spoiled brat. That's the measure of Contador - "whinney wee" Schleck - with an extreme talent.
Now there you got it right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 12-18-12, 22:29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
Hang on ... what are you wittering about mate, 2010??

The tour that Spartacus made sure was riden to suit Andy, nulling stages where necessary going on the attack when road conditions allowed on a year where Contador wasn't at his best?? Andy had every option to win that race on the road HE failed. On the line in Paris, 1 second is all the difference it needs, not minutes, not hours.

Yes I'm a Contador fan and if Andy could grow a pair and use his talent, I'd be a fan of his as well. I'm all for riders who make our sport the exciting spectacle it is, if Andy can do something that gets him to that category I'll give the plaudits he deserves.....until then!!
Until then watch 2011 Tour. It's the edition when Cancellara held the peloton on Izoard.
You can add excuse for Contador's result that year. But it will be just "whinney wee" excuse.
Old 12-18-12, 22:32
Administrator

Quote:
I didn't interpret it that way, I still get the impression it's eating at him, whatever he says.

Boldy bit - Nah I'd declare him a whiner anytime. It's really simple, if he'd man up, grow a pair, whatever and use a fraction of that incredible god given talent he has, I'd have nothing but respect for him; until then everytime he complains about something I'll label him a whiner.
No one but him really knows if he is still upset about it or not, I suppose it is a matter of opinion and how one interprets his words. My opinion, he has gotten over it. Of course even if he wasn't over it, I couldn't really blame him for not being over it. After all if it hadn't been for that incident he could have won the Tour.

Except there is one problem with that, he wasn't complaining about it. Any mention at all of the incident and Contador fans automatically assume he is complaining about it, when in reality he is not.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-18-12, 22:48

Quote:
Until then watch 2011 Tour. It's the edition when Cancellara held the peloton on Izoard.
You can add excuse for Contador's result that year. But it will be just "whinney wee" excuse.
What whinney wee excuse will this be - the "he had just won the hardest Giro in years but still managed to take a fair result" excuse, he tried the double he failed, rather than just turn up to race in July...

PS Spartacus was already back in the Grupetto by the Izoard, he'd been setting tempo on the Run to the Col D'Angel, Montfort was in the break Andy chasing on his own Frank with the group of Evans, Contador etc

Old 12-18-12, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
No one but him really knows if he is still upset about it or not, I suppose it is a matter of opinion and how one interprets his words. My opinion, he has gotten over it. Of course even if he wasn't over it, I couldn't really blame him for not being over it. After all if it hadn't been for that incident he could have won the Tour.

Except there is one problem with that, he wasn't complaining about it. Any mention at all of the incident and Contador fans automatically assume he is complaining about it, when in reality he is not.
He seems guarded when he talks about it, his body language suggests its still a stress point for him. As you say individual opinions are what matter.

I wish I could find more respect for him he has the talent to be a great on the mountains likes Pantani or Van Impe or Robert Miller I cannot see him as a GC winner though.

Old 12-18-12, 22:54
Banned

Quote:
What whinney wee excuse will this be - the "he had just won the hardest Giro in years but still managed to take a fair result" excuse, he tried the double he failed, rather than just turn up to race in July...
It's still an excuse for unsuccessful atempt of double.
Quote:
PS Spartacus was already back in the Grupetto by the Izoard, he'd been setting tempo on the Run to the Col D'Angel, Montfort was in the break Andy chasing on his own Frank with the group of Evans, Contador etc
I see irony isn't exactly your strongest side.
Old 12-18-12, 23:00

Quote:
It's still an excuse for unsuccessful atempt of double.

I see irony isn't exactly your strongest side.
....and sarcasm obviously isn't yours.....If you are going to post trash like that expect to have it slammed..

It's no excuse, he tried, he failed.......key part when talking about Mr July Schleck is this "HE WOULDN'T TRY!!!"

Old 12-18-12, 23:07
Banned

Quote:
....and sarcasm obviously isn't yours.....If you are going to post trash like that expect to have it slammed..

It's no excuse, he tried, he failed.......key part when talking about Mr July Schleck is this "HE WOULDN'T TRY!!!"
You can now make excuses for unsuccessful understanding of my post by spinning it, but it won't help. It didn't take much to determine your ceiling.
Old 12-18-12, 23:20

Quote:
You can now make excuses for unsuccessful understanding of my post by spinning it, but it won't help. It didn't take much to determine your ceiling.
I do my spinning on the Turbo in my batcave at home not on here.