Andy Schleck Discussion thread. - Page 275 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-08-13, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoerpi View Post
I don't agree since as Parrulo stated Leopard wasn't a strong team in 2011, especially since Fränk wasn't a super dom, he was a co-captain which had a big impact on the development of the tour. Horner, Zubeldia, Klöden and Rohregger on form are much better mountain doms than Gerdemann, Fuglsang and Monfort from 2011 even if they are out of form.

Though I have to add that the chances to win in 2013 are worse because of his injury in 2012 and the strength of Sky, a team that only looked for Uran after Wiggins' crash.
Having faith in those three is a

But again despite the dumb tactics was better for Andy to have Frank there than the opposite. And Monfort did what he have to do.

Leopard 2011 was strong in comparision to Saxo and BMC. Cadel and Alberto were alone. I agree the same Leopard 2011 wouldn't be enough in 2013 but replacing with Horner, Kloden (mostly him) and Zubeldia while losing Frank and Cancellara is not a great deal for me.

Last edited by Forunculo; 01-08-13 at 15:45.
Old 01-08-13, 20:19

You know, I don't really recon Kloden as a man who can do something in the Tour anymore. Sure he can maybe sit there in the group for a good while, but actually do some hard domestic work for Andy (I sence little respect) is hard for me to imagine.
Old 01-09-13, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nielsen View Post
You know, I don't really recon Kloden as a man who can do something in the Tour anymore. Sure he can maybe sit there in the group for a good while, but actually do some hard domestic work for Andy (I sence little respect) is hard for me to imagine.
Yes he gets dropped pretty early on the mountains now. One week races are the ones that suit him best.
Old 01-10-13, 06:51

Dang ... one off year and no one even recognizes you anymore ....

Quote:
Have another funny story comin up here. Security refused to let Andy Schleck into the bike area- he didn't bring his accredidation....
@thejensie
Quote:
Thats one tight and strict security and thats exactly how it should be. The security guy was right- and we learnt our lesson for today.
@thejensie

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 01-10-13, 07:35

He could have pretended he was Frank.
Old 01-10-13, 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
He could have pretended he was Frank.
So he could have been Frank ...who also didn't bring his accreditation.
Old 01-10-13, 07:58

Exactly. And Fränk Schleck shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a bike race.

Good work, security guys. They know their cycling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
To me, it's obvious that Andy would have had the strongest team if he had started the Tour. Radioshack were generally better than Sky but they had no leader. I don't see any reason why they won't be able to have the strongest on the climbs squad in this year's Tour.
I wonder how you could argue that as it was the Sky train who rode all the Shack riders off their wheels. Yes, the Shack had a few guys in the top-20, but Sky probably could have done the same if they weren't working for the winner and the runner-up...
Old 01-10-13, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
So he could have been Frank ...
Yep, that's exactly what I thought after posting
Old 01-21-13, 11:20

Andy Schleck: "I am in the dark and I am nervous"

"I regularly visit the ostheopathic doctor, to prevent any problems. Physically I am OK but mentally it's a whole different story. To forget such a crash and a long time of suffering is easier said than done. At the slightest twitch or bruise I tend to get really worried. I hope to prevent injuries with a lot of stretching exercises.

Will I be as good as 2011? I can't say. But I can promise to do everything to achieve that goal. I am only 27 years of age, and I have a lot of opportunities left to win races.

I am missing the race rhythm. I trained well, but that doesn't replace racing. If everything goes according to plan, I will have had 60 race days by the time the Tour starts. That is absolutely necessary. I have to do races to get back to my old level. Cycling has to become fun again, then the performance curve will go up. I am optimistic."

http://www.wort.lu/de/view/andy-schl...b0ac8269717b0f

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 01-21-13, 11:24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Exactly. And Fränk Schleck shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a bike race.

Good work, security guys. They know their cycling.

I wonder how you could argue that as it was the Sky train who rode all the Shack riders off their wheels.
No, Zubeldia and Frank rode very strongly. They would have been better mountain lead-out men than Porte and Rogers I think.