Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 03-01-12, 01:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
. But the situation with a mass mocking and disrespect .
Ok, so you don't like the "mass mocking and disrespect " when its done to Andrew.

What about when its done by Andrew?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 03-01-12, 06:28

Quote:
On a serious note, I'm a fan who never burdens himself with excessive expectations. But the situation with a mass mocking and disrespect (one has to ride hard the whole year and make the politically correct statements) amuses me a lot. It's a special fun to read such stuff from the fans of the rider that allegedly doesn't know what VO2max is and likes to organize circus on TV.
i) Is that directed at Angliru and I?
ii) What the f are you talking about?

Also, great point Hitch.
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 03-01-12, 08:25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post

What about when its done by Andrew?
Schleck is magical, but there's a strong prejudice to estimate him exactly on the base of contradistinction "Schleck / Contador".

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Florecita
i) Is that directed at Angliru and I?
ii) What the f are you talking about?
i) No. It relates to the mockers' general mood.
ii) What are you getting at? Circus on TV? You know better.

Last edited by airstream; 03-01-12 at 11:33.
Old 03-01-12, 11:36

Quote:
On a serious note, I'm a fan who never burdens himself with excessive expectations. But the situation with a mass mocking and disrespect (one has to ride hard the whole year and make the politically correct statements) amuses me a lot. It's a special fun to read such stuff from the fans of the rider that allegedly doesn't know what VO2max is and likes to organize circus on TV.
So my wondering why Frank can compete much more consistently over the course of the season than Andy chooses to is burdening Andy with "excessive expectations"?

As far as the "mass mocking" as you call it, it comes with territory when one puts themselves in the public with such vigor as Andy. With all the adulation that he gets (and there is a mass of it in the media) comes a certain amount of attention from the side that isn't exactly enamored of him or taken in by what some call his "goofy charm". I won't go into the whining since I've gone on in length about that so it's quite well documented by the print and internet media.

Last edited by Angliru; 03-01-12 at 17:12. Reason: Corrected text that was vital to my point
Old 03-01-12, 11:38

Quote:
Schleck is magical, but there's a strong prejudice to estimate him exactly on the base of contradistinction "Schleck / Contador".

i) No. It relates to the mockers' general mood.
ii) What are you getting at? Circus on TV? You know better.
LOL!!!! The door is wide open for that one but I'm going to decline to stick my foot in it.
Old 03-01-12, 17:08

[QUOTE=airstream;802974]but there's a strong prejudice to estimate him exactly on the base of contradistinction "Schleck / Contador".
QUOTE]

And that is of course the problem for you and other Andy fans. There is just no comparision between the two. Contador is the best rider I've seen since Hinault. Andy is well Andy, a very nice palmares, but unfortunately he rides in the Contador Era and is overshadowed and outclassed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Travis you're my Hero!

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-01-12, 17:33

Quote:
Do you, or do you not, feel that Carlos Sastre deserves the constant criticism received from the Schlecks now three and a half years after the fact?

Forever tte de la course.
Old 03-01-12, 18:47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Do you, or do you not, feel that Carlos Sastre deserves the constant criticism received from the Schlecks now three and a half years after the fact?
Of course not. I'm all for Carlos in that team conflict and rooted for him then. In this regard the Schlecks say a complete nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols
And that is of course the problem for you and other Andy fans. There is just no comparision between the two. Contador is the best rider I've seen since Hinault. Andy is well Andy, a very nice palmares, but unfortunately he rides in the Contador Era and is overshadowed and outclassed.
Nobody argues with that. Probably, I'm wrong but i just don't quite understand why deification of the one has to be implemented through degrading of the other one. IMO, there are 2 separate stories, but unfortunately, it's not the case.

Last edited by airstream; 03-01-12 at 19:03.
Old 03-01-12, 18:54
Administrator

[QUOTE=Carols;803147]
Quote:
but there's a strong prejudice to estimate him exactly on the base of contradistinction "Schleck / Contador".
QUOTE]

Agreed, there is no comparison but there is no reason why you can't be a fan of both. I am.
Old 03-01-12, 19:00
Administrator

Quote:
Of course not. I'm all for Carlos in that team conflict and rooted for him then. In this regard the Schlecks say a complete nonsense.
Agreed also, Carlos was my boy and I can never truly understand and certainly never forgive the Schlecks for these attacks on him. But brace yourself even for this concession.