The Rapha hater thread - Page 28 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Bikes & Gear > General

General Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Old 05-08-12, 03:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post

Cycling apparel, Rivendell-style
Don't give Rapha ideas. A pink stripe somewhere, a stupid inspirational saying written on the inside, and hipster doofuses will be fighting each otehr to pay $300 for that.
Old 05-13-12, 16:50

Rapha recognizes a desperate need of its customer base and comes up with the Rapha Chub Offer. Fat hipsters everywhere are rejoicing.

http://www.rapha.cc/jersey-downsize-offer
Old 05-13-12, 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Rapha recognizes a desperate need of its customer base and comes up with the Rapha Chub Offer. Fat hipsters everywhere are rejoicing.

http://www.rapha.cc/jersey-downsize-offer
There is no such thing as a "fat" hipster. All males of this particular species that I've seen usually weigh no more than 140 soaking wet in irony.
Old 05-13-12, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Magnetico View Post
There is no such thing as a "fat" hipster. All males of this particular species that I've seen usually weigh no more than 140 soaking wet in irony.
You have to account for the thirty-five year old and over wouldbe hipsters and their faster backwards bikes. The real hipsters don't have the kind of money to take Rapha where it wants to go. The trick is to convince middle aged tubbys that although they sit behind a desk for fifty hours a week, on the weekends they can put on a $1000 cycling costume and recapture the vibrant style that is in vogue with the youth.

It's sort of like seeing a thirty year old at a high school party.
Old 05-13-12, 17:49

Quote:
Don't give Rapha ideas. A pink stripe somewhere, a stupid inspirational saying written on the inside, and hipster doofuses will be fighting each otehr to pay $300 for that.
lol
Here BroD
this is for you

http://www.archivalclothing.com/2009...-sweaters.html

Old 05-13-12, 17:55

BroDeal, do you still have that Rapha gift pack, or did you re-gift it already? If it's still in your possession I may take it off your hands if we're the same size.
Old 05-13-12, 18:05

Quote:
BroDeal, do you still have that Rapha gift pack, or did you re-gift it already? If it's still in your possession I may take it off your hands if we're the same size.
They were individual gifts. I am keeping the gloves. They will come in handy as driving gloves if I borrow my parent's Jag XKE. I'll need a flat cap to complete the ensemble. Does Rapha make one of these:

Old 05-13-12, 18:05

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he secretly owns that plaid shirt upthread...
that was on an actual Rivendell website...makes a great accent pairing with the flatcap

a closet Rapha collector
Old 05-13-12, 18:07

Quote:
You have to account for the thirty-five year old and over wouldbe hipsters and their faster backwards bikes. The real hipsters don't have the kind of money to take Rapha where it wants to go. The trick is to convince middle aged tubbys that although they sit behind a desk for fifty hours a week, on the weekends they can put on a $1000 cycling costume and recapture the vibrant style that is in vogue with the youth.

It's sort of like seeing a thirty year old at a high school party.
"Not that there's anything wrong with this..."
Old 05-13-12, 18:14

Quote:
They were individual gifts. I am keeping the gloves. They will come in handy as driving gloves if I borrow my parent's Jag XKE. I'll need a flat cap to complete the ensemble. Does Rapha make one of these
Dang! Oh, well. Say what you will about their marketing, their product is really top notch. I have the Classic Softshell jacket and it's probably the best I've ever owned, ride in it every Winter for the last 4 years now.