National Football League - Page 68 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 01-09-12, 01:10

Alright baby!

Love seeing the Steelers lose like that!
Old 01-09-12, 01:12
Administrator

Wow! Was worried about some of those calls, but damn if that wasn't an impressive performance from Tebow and the Broncos.

I thought both teams got one possession in OT? Or is that just the Superbowl? Either way, what a win for Denver.
Old 01-09-12, 01:13
Scott SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Alright baby!

Love seeing the Steelers lose like that!

The world is clearly spinning backwards.

I could not agree more.
Old 01-09-12, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Wow! Was worried about some of those calls, but damn if that wasn't an impressive performance from Tebow and the Broncos.

I thought both teams got one possession in OT? Or is that just the Superbowl? Either way, what a win for Denver.
Both teams get one possession unless either the team with first possession scores a TD, OR the defense scores. Some game. Not one pundit picked the Broncos to take this one, so I guess we're all three out of four this weekend.

Last edited by Amsterhammer; 01-09-12 at 11:55. Reason: late night typo
Old 01-09-12, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
The world is clearly spinning backwards.

I could not agree more.
We'll have to stop talking politics.
Old 01-09-12, 01:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Both teams get one posession unless either the team with first posession scores a TD, OR the defense scores.
Got it. Actually, I think that's a good rule. Not just because of this game.

Shannon Sharpe on ESPN radio said he thought the Broncos could win. Granted, he's a homer, but he said the Steelers zone-blitz style wouldn't be very effective against Tebow and the Broncos, unless Tim made some big mistakes, and he was right.

I too am glad the Steelers are done. I'm tired of them winning with help, tired of them period, and can't stand Roethilesberger. Plus I admire Tebow. Great or not, he's got a lot of guts and I like the kid.
Old 01-09-12, 05:15

Gotta Go Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqfuUL_CKaY

Isnīt that great? The big rapist is finished already,... gotta go home.
No more "Big Ben". Thanks "Jesus Tebow", and Alpe.
Another great wildcard day. I am satisfied since i was going 3 of 4, and the "right teams" advanced.
10/21 316, thatīs the numbers for Tebow. Wow! Almost 32 yards per catch. Iīve to quit here. I just canīt remember/ think of any other game in history of pro football having that efficiency in passing. I am stunned
Old 01-09-12, 05:56
Administrator

Not sure why I get thanks. I mean, I'm no Tim Tebow. ...Though I guess I did say I didn't see the Steelers getting very far. Too old, too banged up.

Here's a peek at next week's games. Historically, next week is often the best round in the playoffs:

NFC

New Orleans at San Francisco - Classic offense vs. defense match-up. I realize the Saints aren't the same on the road, but I like them in a tough game. About 20-16.

NY Giants at Green Bay - The Giants give the Packers style problems, and played them very close in NY early this year, and an upset wouldn't be shocking. But at Lambeau, I think the Packers are going to be looking to prove something. If Rogers has time to throw deep, and the Giants can't get after him, the Packers may blow them out. I like them to win about 41-30.

AFC

Denver at New England - While I think the Patriots aren't as good as their record, and these teams played a few weeks ago for an easy Patriots win, I think it will be fairly close. About 38-27.

Houston at Baltimore - While I like the way the Texans won last week, I think they're going to have a tough time even moving the ball much on the Ravens. The Ravens won't score much either, but I'll take them anyway, about 16-9.
Old 01-09-12, 06:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Not sure why I get thanks.....Though I guess I did say I didn't see the Steelers getting very far.
Absolutely (in Lanceī words )
Exactly thatīs what i meant. You didnīt see them going far. Wow! Itīs been just a great WC weekend. I am very happy
Old 01-09-12, 06:40

Actually... i am still touched. NOBODY in the world expected something like this. We all, around the whole world, had the Broncos at 3- max. 10 points. And then this guy completes every long pass like nobody else did ever before?!? OMG