Wiggins Discussion thread. - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 08-28-11, 23:30

Default Wiggins Discussion thread.

He gets taken the **** out of far more than his fair share and today showed balls and strength reminiscent of Andy Schleck on 18.

The only real surprise is that 6 hours after he did that, a thread of this sort had not yet been started.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by Parrulo; 07-02-12 at 17:46.
Old 08-28-11, 23:38

Us Wiggins fans have learned to lay low.
Old 08-28-11, 23:39

Dope!!!!

No, great performance today. Questionable how he'll perform on the really steep climbs.
Old 08-28-11, 23:55

To be able to be a GC contender and one of the greats on the track shows an exceptional ability. The first to have done that since Moser, probably. Those on here who mocked him really showed their ignorance.

He's probably the best Belgian born stage racer since, I don't know, van Impe probably.
Old 08-29-11, 00:02

Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.Harm View Post
Dope!!!!

No, great performance today. Questionable how he'll perform on the really steep climbs.
Well, who are really the big threats on the steeper climbs? Rodrigues for one but good then that he manage to put time into him on a climb like today. Not sure who out of the others are that much more favoured over him on the really steep stuff. Nibali strikes me as someone who also prefers a climb like today. I'm hard pressed to think of anyone else that both favours steeper climbs and that also is a contender against Wiggins. One that I know likes the steep stuff is Kessiakoff but at the same time he is very inexperienced at this sort of thing so it's hard to see him really challenge for the podium. There is also a big question mark about who whether Kessiakoff can last 3 weeks.

My prediction for Angliru is that we will see the favourites moving along in a fairly collected way and the attacks will mainly come from riders that like the steep climbs but who aren't a huge threat in GC adding to that J-Rod of course.

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it - Max Planck
Old 08-29-11, 00:04

I think Nibali is better than Wiggins on that climbs. Will be difficult for Wiggins to beat Nibali this Vuelta. It's not about being Nibali good on steep climbs, but about Wiggins being weak (probably) on that climbs.
Old 08-29-11, 00:31

Old 08-29-11, 00:49

everyone who voted for wiggins in the pre vuelta poll was practically laughed out of town. and now this?

would love to see brad get one.
Old 08-29-11, 00:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He gets taken the **** out of far more than his fair share and today showed balls and strength reminiscent of Andy Schleck on 18.

The only real surprise is that 6 hours after he did that, a thread of this sort had not yet been started.
Yep I think u can expect him to b slammed just as quickly if he puts a foot wrong. His ride didn't surprise me that much after his strong performance in the Dauphine, though he did show some signs of fading in the final mountain stage, so if the TT puts him right back to the top of the GC, can he go the distance with some serious climbing to come? I reckon he's a good chance as no one else seems to be dominant at the moment. Bring on the Angliru, that should sort them out!
Old 08-29-11, 01:18

Is there anyone outside the UK that likes Mr. Wiggo