Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 189 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-09-12, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
to be honest i think that even with a normal team wiggins would either win or be very close to winning the tour due to the easy mountain stages and amount of itt km's, but it would be far from the certain thing it was.
Wiggins thought otherwise, he wanted to leave the Tour after Froome 'attacked' him.
Old 12-09-12, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Lol , your running out of reasons to hate Cancellara, so your making them up. Now your trying to say he doesn't even care about his wife .
Not at all. Just saying, Cancellara abandoned for the Olympics, not his wife. Read my sentence again, I never say he doesn't care about his wife. Nor would I ever make such a statement. If every dad that misses the birth of his kid doesn't care for his wife... That's a silly statement.

You either ride the Tour with the intention of finishing it all the way or you don't.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-09-12 at 22:38.
Old 12-09-12, 22:49
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Not at all. Just saying, Cancellara abandoned for the Olympics, not his wife. Read my sentence again, I never say he doesn't care about his wife. Nor would I ever make such a statement. If every dad that misses the birth of his kid doesn't care for his wife... That's a silly statement.

You either ride the Tour with the intention of finishing it all the way or you don't.
It sounded a lot like you were saying he didn't care about his wife in this part of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Lol, he abandoned to prepare for the Olympics. If he really cared that much about his wife he would've been with her in the final 2 weeks and focused on the Vuelta instead.
Preparation for the Olympics was probably part of the reason, but I think it is ridiculous to say that the birth of his child isn't another major part of his reasons for leaving the race. And it's not like his presence would do much for the team if he had stayed in the race.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-09-12, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Wiggins thought otherwise, he wanted to leave the Tour after Froome 'attacked' him.
Thats just wiggins talking **** as always. He was a better climber than Nibali and 10 times the tter. On that Tour route, with that lineup, Wiggins was always going to be the winner, team or no team.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-09-12, 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Thats just wiggins talking **** as always. He was a better climber than Nibali and 10 times the tter. On that Tour route, with that lineup, Wiggins was always going to be the winner, team or no team.
You understand that you're going on record for saying this? Since you agree with airstream, can you do a better job on backing it up since this is something he hasn't been able to do.
Old 12-09-12, 23:37

Ask Dear Wan ker, BMW was always going to win this
Tour because Sky paid off the UCI.
Old 12-09-12, 23:54

Quote:
can you do a better job on backing it up since this is something he hasn't been able to do.
Claim:
Wiggins is a better tter than Nibali

Backup:
He thrashed him in both tts (he won them btw)

Claim:
Wiggins is a better climber than Nibali

Backup:
He didnt lose a goddamn second to Nibali anywhere but gained 18 seconds on the stage Piti won and 5 on PLBF. All while defending.

Maybe now you need to find some backup for where exactly Nibali would get back all the time he was behind in the actual version.

All 6 minutes and 19 seconds.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.

Last edited by The Hitch; 12-09-12 at 23:56.
Old 12-10-12, 00:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Claim:
Wiggins is a better tter than Nibali

Backup:
He thrashed him in both tts (he won them btw)

Claim:
Wiggins is a better climber than Nibali

Backup:
He didnt lose a goddamn second to Nibali anywhere but gained 18 seconds on the stage Piti won and 5 on PLBF. All while defending.

Maybe now you need to find some backup for where exactly Nibali would get back all the time he was behind in the actual version.

All 6 minutes and 19 seconds.
Nobody's disputing Wiggo's TT ability. Wiggins won the WC ITT, remember? 2nd point. He didn't lose time to Nibali because he had Froome, Rogers, Porte, Eisel. The Sky train, remember? So I don't get how you can claim you backed it up when you don't provide evidence or analysis that he could have climbed with the leaders with no team. That the whole point of the discussion.

Nibali would have won since Froome wouldn't have been there, remember no team?, and Wiggins would have cracked for 3 reasons, he doesn't respond well to pace changes, he's not a good descender and his mind is so fragile. Thus his last ITT would have been subpar, unless he would've previously retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcrank View Post
Ask Dear Wan ker, BMW was always going to win this
Tour because Sky paid off the UCI.
Are you talking to me? LOL! I'd be willing to buy this as a back up though.

Last edited by cineteq; 12-10-12 at 00:30.
Old 12-10-12, 00:46

Quote:
Wiggins won the WC ITT, remember?
No I dont actually. Though you probably meant olympics, in which case, yes I was there.

Quote:
He didn't lose time to Nibali because he had Froome, Rogers, Porte, Eisel. The Sky train, remember
But Wiggins gained time on Nibali on 2 stages without attacking.

And that shows he is at the very least near Nibalis level at climbing if not better. Because there was nothing stopping Nibali following Froome and Wiggins on Peyragudes.

He would have the exact same slipstream. Same with PDBF where he was in the group too. And yet he lost time. That cant be explained by "ugh wiggins had the better team" because they were both behind other peoples wheels.

Quote:
Wiggins would have cracked for 3 reasons, he doesn't respond well to pace changes, he's not a good descender and his mind is so fragile. Thus his last ITT would have been subpar, unless he would've previously retired.
Thats just a wild theory -
"Wiggins sucks" -Nibali would win smiley face"

. Like I said where is your backup?

Nibali has cracked in Gts before as well.
Remember Giro 2011 even though he podiumed. How he was being dropped 30k out on Marmolada. How he was dropped way out from the finish on Finnestre?

And his 60k attacks usually end in ****.
Did he win Lombardia?
Did he win Liege with his attack from 20k?

What examples exactly do we have of Nibali singlehandidly breaking riders who are his equal at climbing on mountains and taking minutes on them?

This idea that Nibali of all riders is going to take back all the time he would lose to Wiggins in the tts by cracking him in the mountains with 60k solos is pure fantasy.

and lets quickly revisit your original response to me

Quote:
can you do a better job on backing it up since this is something he hasn't been able to do.
I have "backed up" my theory with examples of stages and races. Stages wiggins won, stages wiggins beat nibali in, stages nibali cracked in.

Now its your turn to offer us some examples. Some actual examples, and not just "Nibali rocks - wiggins loser smiley face"

Because you wanted "backup" afterall? Right?

Quote:
Are you talking to me? LOL! I'd be willing to buy this as a back up thoug
I believe he is referring to a poster from the clinic.

Last edited by The Hitch; 12-10-12 at 00:50.
Old 12-10-12, 00:51

Quote:
Wiggins won the WC ITT, remember ?
I don't remember this.