Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 08-29-11, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson Cycling View Post
Is there anyone outside the UK that likes Mr. Wiggo
Does anyone outside the US like Bottle or Pharmstrong???

Brad surprised the hell out of me today, I really didn't think he'd have the ability to tackle the top of Covatilla like that but all credit too him, he has established himself as a very very good stage racer over the last two years, learnt from his mistakes and gotten better. Tomorrow is key for him, if he can take sufficient time out of Nibs he becomes a strong strong contender. I think J Rod is out of it, he'll lose three minutes plus tomorrow to the good TT riders, Chapeau wiggo!!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 08-29-11, 01:50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
Does anyone outside the US like Bottle or Pharmstrong???
You would be hard pressed to find anyone IN the U.S. that likes Bottle. Aside from a few jock sniffers, there are few knowledgeable fans that will deny that Lance is a fraud with a nasty personality.

Wiggins is the British Bottle but with less wins.
Old 08-29-11, 01:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiano Machiavelli View Post
You would be hard pressed to find anyone IN the U.S. that likes Bottle. Aside from a few jock sniffers, there are few knowledgeable fans that will deny that Lance is a fraud with a nasty personality.

Maybe so, bottle doesn't have the track palmares to compare with though and Brad has morphed from a pure trackie to a very good stage racer.

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 08-29-11, 02:00

will this "appreciation thread" be relevant when he blows in the Angliru?
Old 08-29-11, 02:05
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
Maybe so, bottle doesn't have the track palmares to compare with though and Brad has morphed from a pure trackie to a very good stage racer.
Nobody cares about track but a few brits and aussies. You might as well bring up his record playing croquet. As it is Wiggins has one stage race win, and that race had a crappy route.
Old 08-29-11, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiano Machiavelli View Post

you are everything that is wrong with this forum. all in one post. have you noticed your own personality? or is that just a standard you hold for other people?

when did this thread become about lance and levi anyway?
Old 08-29-11, 02:33

I'm with Damiano on this one.

Wiggins "morphed" from a track rider to a GC contender?

Yeah. He morphed all right. The British Bottle is the best and most apt moniker I have heard for Wiggins.
Old 08-29-11, 02:36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky wanderlust View Post
you are everything that is wrong with this forum. all in one post. have you noticed your own personality? or is that just a standard you hold for other people?

when did this thread become about lance and levi anyway?
Do not hate the player. Hate the game.
Old 08-29-11, 02:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson Cycling View Post
Is there anyone outside the UK that likes Mr. Wiggo
I am outside the UK and I like him. obviously not as bitter and twisted and most on here.

frankly started coming on here to keep an eye on transfer rumours, got drawn into a few discussions and now every time i read threads get utterly depressed by this place

over the continual bashing of riders, of anyone who does anything. honestly i wonder why some people in this forum even bother with the sport given the fact that apparently everyone dopes and they hate dopers.

will stick to reading the web site and wait a little longer to get transfer rumours confirmed and keep myself out of this sad depressing place.
Old 08-29-11, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinzambia View Post
I am outside the UK and I like him. obviously not as bitter and twisted and most on here.

frankly started coming on here to keep an eye on transfer rumours, got drawn into a few discussions and now every time i read threads get utterly depressed by this place

over the continual bashing of riders, of anyone who does anything. honestly i wonder why some people in this forum even bother with the sport given the fact that apparently everyone dopes and they hate dopers.

will stick to reading the web site and wait a little longer to get transfer rumours confirmed and keep myself out of this sad depressing place.
We will miss your acumen. Really.