Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 08-29-11, 02:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose McKnuckles View Post
We will miss your acumen. Really.
exactly the sort of comment that makes it not worthwhile coming here.

congratulations i am sure you feel very proud of yourself
Old 08-29-11, 03:01

Wiggins goes ok, I may even start supporting him if he ever wins a road stage (the Nats only half counts).
Old 08-29-11, 03:19

Quote:
what the friggin h3ll does this mean?
Cricket = Paolo Bettini
Grasshoppa = some guy named David Carradine on 'Kung Fu'?
Just curious.

But while at it, I'll throw a litte love Wiggins way. Crap, I was disappointed he had to bail the Tour. Would have been nice to see what he would have done there. And as some others said already, he rode with balls today. Gotta love that.
Old 08-29-11, 03:44

I think that some of the Wiggins dislike comes from his apparent luck at finishing so high at a 'weak' Tour. The thing is though, is that Wiggins didn't really get his 4th place because of time trialling. Rather, he climbed very well on Verbier (which is not exactly Zoncolan, but tough enough to sort the GC out) and wasn't turn far behind on the Queen stage 17. If Bradley makes it onto the podium this Vuelta then he has proven his pedigree as a decent GT climber.
In top grade professional cycling (and in life) it is virtually impossible to be a major winner whilst being 100% clean (or honest). Most GC GT riders are simply doing what they love whilst playing the game.

I'm a huge Kloden fan (or a Klodist) - despite the fact that he's ridden for Telekom/T-Mobile, Astana and Radioshack

Plus I'm also a fanboy - of GT mountain stage previews from The Hitch

Contador at Fuente De - I salute you!
Old 08-29-11, 03:54

He's actually surprising me so far. I would have expected him to be over 10 minutes down. I was one of those that thought his 4th place at the Tour was a fluke, but I'm beginning to doubt that. The Vuelta's still far from over, so I'll be 50/50 on that. With the TT tomorrow, he has a good chance to move further up on GC.
Old 08-29-11, 04:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrowlerson View Post
I think that some of the Wiggins dislike comes from his apparent luck at finishing so high at a 'weak' Tour. The thing is though, is that Wiggins didn't really get his 4th place because of time trialling. Rather, he climbed very well on Verbier (which is not exactly Zoncolan, but tough enough to sort the GC out) and wasn't turn far behind on the Queen stage 17. If Bradley makes it onto the podium this Vuelta then he has proven his pedigree as a decent GT climber.
Just do not get it.

I am a Wiggins fan. yes that may blinker my view slightly but do not understand why that should upset other people. I do not feel the need to hate Nibali because he may win.

The only reason for people to post negative comments on this thread is because they either cannot stand to watch people enjoy, what I consider, a great moment by a rider I like or they post comments to wind people up. Either way a very strange outlook on life.

seems to be how this forum works though. guess I am just not compatible
Old 08-29-11, 04:28
Banned

This forum would be so much better if people only posted positive thoughts and everyone stood around backslapping each other for the performances of their favorite riders. We could rename the forum to the Cycling News Glee Club. Periodically we could hold video conferences where we could all sing inspirational songs. That would be swell, Beav.
Old 08-29-11, 04:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinzambia View Post
Just do not get it.

I am a Wiggins fan. yes that may blinker my view slightly but do not understand why that should upset other people. I do not feel the need to hate Nibali because he may win.

The only reason for people to post negative comments on this thread is because they either cannot stand to watch people enjoy, what I consider, a great moment by a rider I like or they post comments to wind people up. Either way a very strange outlook on life.

seems to be how this forum works though. guess I am just not compatible
You can like Wiggins all you want. Not everyone shares your opinion.
Old 08-29-11, 05:10

Quote:
I'm with Damiano on this one.

Wiggins "morphed" from a track rider to a GC contender?

Yeah. He morphed all right. The British Bottle is the best and most apt moniker I have heard for Wiggins.
there is also the one that was in my sig....

Wiggins - The shit British version of Christophe Moreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace
In Lance's prime, you could take all the drugs you wanted, whenever you wanted. Ah, those were the days... If you put Contador on the program Lance was on in his prime, it would be like watching a bicycle duct-taped to the space shuttle go up the alps. You have to factor all that in when figuring out which one is the most talented

Last edited by El Imbatido; 08-29-11 at 14:06.
Old 08-29-11, 05:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiano Machiavelli View Post
This forum would be so much better if people only posted positive thoughts and everyone stood around backslapping each other for the performances of their favorite riders. We could rename the forum to the Cycling News Glee Club. Periodically we could hold video conferences where we could all sing inspirational songs. That would be swell, Beav.
very big gap between that and where this forum is at. but hey dis me as much as you like that is what this place does best.