Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-29-11, 02:58
daveinzambia's Avatar
daveinzambia daveinzambia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose McKnuckles View Post
We will miss your acumen. Really.
exactly the sort of comment that makes it not worthwhile coming here.

congratulations i am sure you feel very proud of yourself
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-29-11, 03:01
Ferminal Ferminal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 16,026
Default

Wiggins goes ok, I may even start supporting him if he ever wins a road stage (the Nats only half counts).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-29-11, 03:19
on3m@n@rmy's Avatar
on3m@n@rmy on3m@n@rmy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose McKnuckles View Post
what the friggin h3ll does this mean?
Cricket = Paolo Bettini
Grasshoppa = some guy named David Carradine on 'Kung Fu'?
Just curious.

But while at it, I'll throw a litte love Wiggins way. Crap, I was disappointed he had to bail the Tour. Would have been nice to see what he would have done there. And as some others said already, he rode with balls today. Gotta love that.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-29-11, 03:44
gregrowlerson's Avatar
gregrowlerson gregrowlerson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 722
Default

I think that some of the Wiggins dislike comes from his apparent luck at finishing so high at a 'weak' Tour. The thing is though, is that Wiggins didn't really get his 4th place because of time trialling. Rather, he climbed very well on Verbier (which is not exactly Zoncolan, but tough enough to sort the GC out) and wasn't turn far behind on the Queen stage 17. If Bradley makes it onto the podium this Vuelta then he has proven his pedigree as a decent GT climber.
__________________
In top grade professional cycling (and in life) it is virtually impossible to be a major winner whilst being 100% clean (or honest). Most GC GT riders are simply doing what they love whilst playing the game.

I'm a huge Kloden fan (or a Klodist) - despite the fact that he's ridden for Telekom/T-Mobile, Astana and Radioshack

Plus I'm also a fanboy - of GT mountain stage previews from The Hitch

Contador at Fuente De - I salute you!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-29-11, 03:54
Eric8-A's Avatar
Eric8-A Eric8-A is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,645
Default

He's actually surprising me so far. I would have expected him to be over 10 minutes down. I was one of those that thought his 4th place at the Tour was a fluke, but I'm beginning to doubt that. The Vuelta's still far from over, so I'll be 50/50 on that. With the TT tomorrow, he has a good chance to move further up on GC.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-29-11, 04:14
daveinzambia's Avatar
daveinzambia daveinzambia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrowlerson View Post
I think that some of the Wiggins dislike comes from his apparent luck at finishing so high at a 'weak' Tour. The thing is though, is that Wiggins didn't really get his 4th place because of time trialling. Rather, he climbed very well on Verbier (which is not exactly Zoncolan, but tough enough to sort the GC out) and wasn't turn far behind on the Queen stage 17. If Bradley makes it onto the podium this Vuelta then he has proven his pedigree as a decent GT climber.
Just do not get it.

I am a Wiggins fan. yes that may blinker my view slightly but do not understand why that should upset other people. I do not feel the need to hate Nibali because he may win.

The only reason for people to post negative comments on this thread is because they either cannot stand to watch people enjoy, what I consider, a great moment by a rider I like or they post comments to wind people up. Either way a very strange outlook on life.

seems to be how this forum works though. guess I am just not compatible
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-29-11, 04:28
Damiano Machiavelli Damiano Machiavelli is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 923
Default

This forum would be so much better if people only posted positive thoughts and everyone stood around backslapping each other for the performances of their favorite riders. We could rename the forum to the Cycling News Glee Club. Periodically we could hold video conferences where we could all sing inspirational songs. That would be swell, Beav.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-29-11, 04:36
Moose McKnuckles's Avatar
Moose McKnuckles Moose McKnuckles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinzambia View Post
Just do not get it.

I am a Wiggins fan. yes that may blinker my view slightly but do not understand why that should upset other people. I do not feel the need to hate Nibali because he may win.

The only reason for people to post negative comments on this thread is because they either cannot stand to watch people enjoy, what I consider, a great moment by a rider I like or they post comments to wind people up. Either way a very strange outlook on life.

seems to be how this forum works though. guess I am just not compatible
You can like Wiggins all you want. Not everyone shares your opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-29-11, 05:10
El Imbatido's Avatar
El Imbatido El Imbatido is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose McKnuckles View Post
I'm with Damiano on this one.

Wiggins "morphed" from a track rider to a GC contender?

Yeah. He morphed all right. The British Bottle is the best and most apt moniker I have heard for Wiggins.
there is also the one that was in my sig....

Wiggins - The shit British version of Christophe Moreau
__________________
The computer is smarter than me Bjarne, I no need to understand computer it need understand me - Carlos Sastre in Overcoming
RIP - Swordsman
RIP - Craig1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace
In Lance's prime, you could take all the drugs you wanted, whenever you wanted. Ah, those were the days... If you put Contador on the program Lance was on in his prime, it would be like watching a bicycle duct-taped to the space shuttle go up the alps. You have to factor all that in when figuring out which one is the most talented

Last edited by El Imbatido; 08-29-11 at 14:06.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-29-11, 05:14
daveinzambia's Avatar
daveinzambia daveinzambia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiano Machiavelli View Post
This forum would be so much better if people only posted positive thoughts and everyone stood around backslapping each other for the performances of their favorite riders. We could rename the forum to the Cycling News Glee Club. Periodically we could hold video conferences where we could all sing inspirational songs. That would be swell, Beav.
very big gap between that and where this forum is at. but hey dis me as much as you like that is what this place does best.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.