Puerto & Valverde - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 03-16-09, 22:37

Default Puerto & Valverde

I hesitate to post this, but... Without wanting to start a did he/didn't he debate, I've got a few questions related to the Puerto case that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

There's been a lot written about how it appears damning that Valverde is the only cyclist in the peloton with a surname starting with valv, and equally, that his dogs name was piti. It's equally been pointed out that cycling was not the only sport involved in Puerto.

My question is, are there any other spanish athletes in sports other than cycling whose name includes the letters valv? And how common is piti as a dog's name in Spain?

I'm not looking for evidence to clear or condemn Valverde, I've just been curious about this for a while, due to my woeful lack of knowledge re Spanish names and culture.
Old 03-16-09, 22:48

From what i've heard there are a lot of Spanish names named in this affair: tennisplayer Rafa Nadal, f1-driver Fernando Alonso, lots of players from Real Madrid and Barcelona, and so on. Nothing was ever proved but this is named as the most important reason the case was put to rest, to much damage for the Spanish sports world.

The wife of Fuentes has mentioned he treated allmost all the Spanish altletes during the '92 Olympics. Fuentes was teamdoctor of Belda's Kelme team when Valverde was at that team btw.
Old 03-16-09, 22:49

Yes, some people in Spain call their dog Piti, it is not just Alejandro Valverde.

But the Italian authorities believe they have a DNA match and evidence of money transfers. So the code name only gave them something to start on.
Old 03-16-09, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BICICLON View Post
this thread make me sick, he is inocent until some jury clame him guilty. Respect inocent presuncion. This kind of speculation are the cancer of our lover sport. Lets do the authorities the work and lets support the cyclist. He has said several times he never take anything. He also give his blood and pass the dna passaport. O.p. Was miserable , but we have to pass the page and not dig the cyclist, we are the fans and we are killing this sport. Is not our competence to judge this, the same that la, there are a lot of rumors but there are not definty proves
Operacion Puerto was fun when it was only other countries' athletes getting suspended, huh?
Old 03-16-09, 23:01
Editor-in-chief

Fuentes is from wHere i borned in canary island,gran canaria, in 99 i went to a conference in the univerity, " the tittle conference was: T"The doping is ten years above the antidoping" that conference was very impresive and make me thought a lot. " i not defense him, and any one who cheat,they are the cancer. But we cant always been rising dudes to any spanish that is good in his sport. There are a lot of mistery about o.p, also there are many documents that nobody have seen again because they disapers. I think is more than few cyclist name, but THAT YOU SAY about Rafa and Fernando alonso, that is pure sick, there is not rasonable reason, just becouse there are the best in their sports. They are natural talents

Last edited by BICICLON; 03-16-09 at 23:19.
Old 03-16-09, 23:05

Quote:
Fuentes is from wHere i borned in canary island,gran canaria, in 99 i went to a conference in the univerity, " the tittle conference was: T"The doping is ten year above the antidoping" that conference was very impresive and make me thought a lot. " i not defense him, and any one who cheat,they are the cancer. But we cant always been rising dudes to any spanish that is good in his sport. There are a lot of mistery about o.p, also there are many documents that nobody have seen again because they disapers. I think is more than few cyclist name, but THAT YOU SAY about Rafa and Fernando alonso, that is pure sick, there is not way to say that. They are natural talents
Your avatar picture apparently has an extra talent as well. Was she implicated in Operacion Puerto?
Old 03-16-09, 23:15
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x11 in DC View Post
Your avatar picture apparently has an extra talent as well. Was she implicated in Operacion Puerto?
, yes she abused too much in order that ten years above the antidoping;
Old 03-17-09, 00:15

Quote:
, yes she abused too much in order that ten years above the antidoping;
Looks like WADA caught up to you!
Old 03-17-09, 01:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli View Post
From what i've heard there are a lot of Spanish names named in this affair: tennisplayer Rafa Nadal, f1-driver Fernando Alonso, lots of players from Real Madrid and Barcelona, and so on. Nothing was ever proved but this is named as the most important reason the case was put to rest, to much damage for the Spanish sports world.

The wife of Fuentes has mentioned he treated allmost all the Spanish altletes during the '92 Olympics. Fuentes was teamdoctor of Belda's Kelme team when Valverde was at that team btw.
OH that ****! how do you think spanish people feel about those coments? Dont be stupid. !!Now all spaniards talents are in Operación Puerto,!!! You are jelous about spanish achievements and the talent of spanish sportsmen are showing in this moment.
Cycling... Spanish Rules
Football... Spanish Rules
BAsketball....Spanish RUles
Tennis ....Spanish RUles
TRiatlon.....Spanish RUles
HAndBall.... Spanish Rules
F1....Spanish Rules
MOtorcycling ....SPanish RUles.
We are on the top of the most viewed sports Come on boy. OP is not the cause of the big moment that spain live in HQ sports. Spain is a great nation and has the condition to create such popular sports championship like FA or RN

Last edited by ALBERTIÑO; 03-17-09 at 01:41.
Old 03-17-09, 03:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x11 in DC View Post
Looks like WADA caught up to you!
Hehe, suprised it took so long