Colombia - Coldeportes - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 09-13-11, 14:25

Default Colombia - Coldeportes

names announced: Juan Pablo Suarez, Rafael Infantino y Edward Beltrán (EPM-UNE), Víctor Hugo Peña, Luis Felipe Laverde, Jarlinson Pantano, Juan Pablo Forero, Robinson Chalapud, Dalivier Ospina (Colombia Es pasión 4-72),Wilson Marentes (Formesan Panachi Indersantander), Edwin Parra (Boyacá Orgullo de América), Carlos Julián Quintero, Frank Osorio (GW Shimano).

riders being talked with: Janier Acevedo (Gobernación Indeportes de Antioquia), Nairo Quintana y Esteban Chávez (Colombia es Pasion 4-72),

http://www.revistamundociclistico.co...0587&Itemid=74

this seems pretty serious and was held very quiet for a long time. coldeportes is talking about having a pct team, a ct team and 2 more satellite teams in colombia. also having corti is manager is excellent as he was great director of barloworld and saeco in their strong years and he knows contacts and what it takes to make it in europe.
Old 09-13-11, 14:27

No Freddy Montaña

Forever tête de la course.
Old 09-13-11, 14:31

also no baez, ortega, casas and many more but it seems they are going with a very young team except laverde and pena.
Old 09-13-11, 14:47

i definitely look forward to this.
man i'm sorry to say it but i think colombia es pasion came to europe as sacrificial lambs,to beat those europeans you need a strong manager to take care of things and corti is one of those indeed.
can't wait to see them riding in italy.
will gobernacion let acevedo go?
Old 09-13-11, 14:49

That'll teach me for being too lazy to start a new thread (see 'General news' section). One correction: they will have a pro conti and a conti team and "with the support of these two teams" will set up a cycling school for youngsters.
Old 09-13-11, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
man i'm sorry to say it but i think colombia es pasion came to europe as sacrificial lambs,to beat those europeans you need a strong manager to take care of things and corti is one of those indeed.
They did struggle a bit, although part of the problem is that their most talented riders are very young. Also, being pro-conti means they haven't been allowed to ride important Colombian races like Clasico RCN, which I think explains the decision to go with two teams.
Old 09-13-11, 14:52
TeamSkyFans

Good news. Wonder as a pro-conti how many invites they would get.
Old 09-13-11, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
thisd totally. they were illrepared and left without money by their sponsors, especially coldeportes and now we know why. but it is better to indeed have european experienced manager.

other good news is that from next year on the vuelta colombia will be broadcasted live in it's entirety after colombian viewers were quite annoyed by the coverage of the past 2 years especially.
Old 09-13-11, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSkyFans View Post
with so many european and american teams disapearing or merging it is looking good I would say.
Old 09-13-11, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSkyFans View Post
Lots I hope!