Colombia - Coldeportes - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 09-14-11, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by profff View Post
i am very happy that frank osorio is in the team:he is 1988, but he is improving very fast in the last 2 years. imho he is a rough diamond and if he will be cut in the right way probably we will see an atypical colombian ( he is 188 cm)doing really great things in europe
he is superstrong

cote' grimpeur, i hope that nairo quintana will be confirmed and i am very unhappy that freddy montana is out of the team.he really deserves the chance to be in a better team than boyaca.

the cutting edge for coldeportes will be get invitations in races like dauphinee' , that suit very well the colombians attitude , and to get funding in the right time from colombian governement.
colombia es pasion failed because saldarriaga was not able to confirm the invitation to dauphinee' , which was very likely to happen and to the vuelta, which was very difficult to happen.
the other reason was the lack of funding and the lack of experience on the european scene.
the presence of claudio corti is a better guaranty in terms of experience and organisation,. the support of president santos (which is supposed to be backing strongly coldeportes which has 28 million euros for supporting the colombian sport development)is even more important.

let's hope cafe the colombia times are back: that will be really good for cycling
frank osorio is like the colombian indurain, he amazed me this year, he is 188 and 80 kg and climbed very well while before he was no good climber at all, only rouleur and itt. imo he has huge progress still to make in both itt and climbing and he will. he seems very well suited to european cycling like most gw shimano riders
Old 09-14-11, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duartista View Post
I think this was because of only 1 French team making the World Tour. Prudhomme promised the Colombians an invite at the 2010 Tour de l'Avenir, but then found, with the 4 French teams, that he had 5 teams for 4 places; unsurprisingly, it was CeP that missed out.
what happened was cep was promised an invitiation to dauphinee only if cafe de colombia would again sponsor the tour de avenir, but they didn;t and were left out.
Old 09-14-11, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy-loves-Rabo View Post
yeah i thought epm especially did well this year. ohwell.
epm lose only 3 riders and they aren't their strongest either, ortega, baez and colorado are staying
Old 09-14-11, 13:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
epm lose only 3 riders and they aren't their strongest either, ortega, baez and colorado are staying
Suarez Suarez is pretty decent.

Quote:
Sounds good. They could be realistically riding a GT in 2 years.
Unlikely.
Old 09-14-11, 13:23

Quote:
Suarez Suarez is pretty decent.

Unlikely.
they will have a good shot at riding the giro, since corti has great relation with rcs

suarez is very good yes. but he's not their best guy. the team will stay very strong. also because epm have like 26 riders right now and it's lead by raul mesa, the legend of colombia.
Old 09-14-11, 13:28

Quote:
they will have a good shot at riding the giro, since corti has great relation with rcs

suarez is very good yes. but he's not their best guy. the team will stay very strong. also because epm have like 26 riders right now and it's lead by raul mesa, the legend of colombia.
I think one GT is probably more realistic, would be a good thing anyway.
Old 09-14-11, 13:28

Quote:
I think one GT is probably more realistic, would be a good thing anyway.
that's what he said, riding a gt in 2 years
Old 09-14-11, 13:29

Quote:
that's what he said, riding a gt in 2 years
Oh I thought he said they could be riding realistically two GTs (in the one year). My bad
Old 09-24-11, 10:48

interview today with jairo clopatovsky he said a few names for the ct team of coldeportes that will run american circuit. biggest names: baez and montana, jaime castaneda, mauricio casas and javier gonzalez (cousin of chepe gonzalez)

surprising and disapointing these aren't going to ride in europe, but who knows. by looking at these names, both the teams are very serious and acquiring absolute top riders from all the top colombian teams. the budget will be over 5 million dollars which is unheard of for a colombian team but will also be pretty strong in europe and should be perfect to ride all the big races they can get in.

both ct and pct team are going to have 18 riders. the pct team will be directed by claudio corti and oliverio rincon and ct team by hernan buenahora and oliverio cardenas. the pct team in europe will be based from brescia in italy and coldeportes have already oppened up office there and started the paper work with uci for assigning the teams

clopatovsky specifically said this is not some one year stunt, but a long term thing, which is a matter of state, involving the president of colombia and a joint venture of many big company's. the team's basic is thus comparable with how astana and katysha are done.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=43577

it can't get any more exciting in my book _O_

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 09-24-11 at 10:52.
Old 09-24-11, 11:21

Quote:
both ct and pct team are going to have 18 riders. the pct team will be directed by claudio corti and oliverio rincon and ct team by hernan buenahora and oliverio cardenas. the pct team in europe will be based from brescia in italy and coldeportes have already oppened up office there and started the paper work with uci for assigning the teams
Interesting news.
I'll ask my friends in the area to keep eyes open this coming winter (when they'll start with first team meetings).