Colombia - Coldeportes - Page 67 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-20-13, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
because they are going to do 2 or 3 gt's this year. 18 is ridiculous.

and they got corti? wat a f'n joke is that.
you must be the master of cycling in South-America, every Teammanager must call and ask you what is ok or not, because you have a good knowledge of every rider and teammanager, especielly Mr Corti and Mr Savio.

You say that Corti is a joke?? On what do you make such statement? To me Mr Corti is together with Mr Savio the best teammanager which with small resources they creat Teams that make echos around the world.
Gianni Savio, have been manager for the last 18 years in next highest division of Pro Cycling, he must obvious make something right? His Team has every year since 2009 won the Coppa Italia (Italian Team championship) 4 years in a row. OK they only do ONE GT eery year (Giro) But I am sure they will try to make debut in other GT:s soon.

Claudio Corti was before Team Colombia (Coldeportes) Teammanager of Team Barloworld, and who doesn´t remember their achievment at the TdF and Giro as a Pro Tourteam with 18 riders? He had riders as Froome, Augustyn, Hunter, Cummins, G Thomas, Soler etc etc and they managed to make two GT:s every year (or was it only one year).
And would TEam Colombia even exist without Mr Cortis knowledge and great effort to gather sponsors etc?

You who has such good knowledge should yourself gather sponsors, look for riders and start a own team, it must be the best team in the world and whip the a** of the other Teams and riders.

Just my humble opinion

Regards,
Fritz

Ps or do you reffer to Corti Jr? Ds

www.cykelbloggar.blogspot.com (swedish)
Old 01-20-13, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Escarabajos in Italy.

"In addition to Rincon, Darwin Atapuma, Robinson Chalapud, Esteban Chaves, Fabio Duarte, Wilson Marentes, Dalivier Ospina, Jarlinson Pantano, Carlos Julian Quintero, Michael Rodriguez, Jeffry Romero, Juan Pablo Suarez, Juan Pablo Valencia and Alexis Camacho landed in Italy on Saturday, the latter living his very first impact with Italy and Europe. Juan Esteban Arango, Edwin Avila and Duber Quintero will join tthe upcoming week, while Leonardo Duque will be on hand for the training camp in Arco, from January 28th to 31st."

http://www.colombiacyclingpro.com/th...-pouring-snow/

rincon?

Old 01-20-13, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykelbloggar View Post
you must be the master of cycling in South-America, every Teammanager must call and ask you what is ok or not, because you have a good knowledge of every rider and teammanager, especielly Mr Corti and Mr Savio.

You say that Corti is a joke?? On what do you make such statement? To me Mr Corti is together with Mr Savio the best teammanager which with small resources they creat Teams that make echos around the world.
Gianni Savio, have been manager for the last 18 years in next highest division of Pro Cycling, he must obvious make something right? His Team has every year since 2009 won the Coppa Italia (Italian Team championship) 4 years in a row. OK they only do ONE GT eery year (Giro) But I am sure they will try to make debut in other GT:s soon.

Claudio Corti was before Team Colombia (Coldeportes) Teammanager of Team Barloworld, and who doesn´t remember their achievment at the TdF and Giro as a Pro Tourteam with 18 riders? He had riders as Froome, Augustyn, Hunter, Cummins, G Thomas, Soler etc etc and they managed to make two GT:s every year (or was it only one year).
And would TEam Colombia even exist without Mr Cortis knowledge and great effort to gather sponsors etc?

You who has such good knowledge should yourself gather sponsors, look for riders and start a own team, it must be the best team in the world and whip the a** of the other Teams and riders.

Just my humble opinion

Regards,
Fritz

Ps or do you reffer to Corti Jr? Ds

www.cykelbloggar.blogspot.com (swedish)
I was obviously talking about the cyclist marco corti :facepalm:
Old 01-20-13, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
rincon?

DS Oliverio Rincón.
Old 01-20-13, 23:02

ah I was almost hoping they had signed wilson ramiro :P
Old 01-21-13, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
yes didn't they screw up everything last year by camping in Trentino on winter?
Yes. I think they are only going for 4 days this year though whereas last year they were there for much longer. Also, Duarte has said he hopes to return to train in Colombia before the Giro.

Unlike last year they are doing a decent race quite early on (Tour de Med.), so unless it's affected by the weather again it should give an early indication on how their preparation has gone.
Old 01-21-13, 10:38

but they will stay there anyway. they are statione din north italy. corti at it again, not learning a single thing from last years european training...
Old 01-21-13, 21:01

Long interview with Chaves (in English)
Old 01-21-13, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duartista View Post
Team Colombia is unusual, in that you are racing for a trade team, but it's also a national team of sorts, sponsored by the country's government. Does the nature of the team seem unusual or different to you?
For me, it's really special. It's something I hold dear. When I'm out there, when I race, I'm not representing a phone company, a supermarket, or a manufacturer of flooring tiles. I'm out there—and we're all out there—representing an entire nation and its people. That's something that I carry in my heart, but also on my shoulders. It's something I take very seriously, and something that makes me work much harder as a result. It changes everything.

this is why they never dope in europe. any colombian would answer that question the same. if ever caught the shame and humiliation would be unberable and unforgiving. in a way is like japan. although there it is not based on nation, but yourself

also great interview overall. explaining a bit how colombia youth system works, they have the greatest youth system in the world and virtually endless amounts of talents going through all the different acadamy's in all the different states, it's almost like an international competition in one nation, with all those states.

Last year, how did you adapt to the cold of northern Italy at the beginning of the season, as well as the snow. Both were probably very foreign to you.
It was really hard for all of us. It hit us very hard. Just imagine, here in Bogota, maybe it will get down to 45 degrees (8 Celsius) for forty minutes. But in Italy, we'd be well below freezing for twenty-four hours. But that's life, and that's cycling. Because the reality is that cycling happens in Europe, so we have to get used to Europe, and that includes the cold of the early season. But that's something you learn from, and stays with you.

The start of the season last year was very hard for the team. The biggest races you were invited to happened so early on. Do you think you'll benefit from what you learned last year about Europe this time around?
Of course. This time around, we know to go to Italy with more kilometers in our legs, because it's hard to train there early in the year. Even little things, like knowing the right clothing to wear, what time go out to train. These may seem like small lessons, but you have to live through them to learn.

this explains well how destructed they were by the weathe last winter and it ruined basiclaly their entire season. again this year it's looking bad, although not as bad as last year.
Old 01-21-13, 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duartista View Post
Yeah Coldeportes also linked it on their Facebook few days ago. Very nice interview!