2012 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 2 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-19-11, 16:27

Some people have been speculating that the world will come to an end in 2012, so far no confirmation though

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 10-19-11, 17:01
Administrator

Yesterday Scarponi told in an interview that both he and Cunego are going to the Giro, though it isn't 100% sure
Old 10-19-11, 22:36
TeamSkyFans

Just put the full Flanders details up with all the maps and profiles, and tables showing all of the climbs and cobbled sections.

Phew

http://teamskyfans.com/flanders.html
Old 10-19-11, 22:42
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSkyFans View Post
Just put the full Flanders details up with all the maps and profiles, and tables showing all of the climbs and cobbled sections.

Phew

http://teamskyfans.com/flanders.html
Looks fantastic. Cheers TSF
Old 10-19-11, 22:48

The Volta a Portugal will start in Castelo Branco and finish in Lisboa. But perhaps more importantly, it has been moved to later in August, so that it no longer clashes with the Vuelta a Burgos, which will likely enable a better startlist of those Spanish teams not riding the Vuelta and no longer clashing with the early August Italian races too.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 10-19-11, 22:53

I have a feeling that's it's due to a calender rejig because of the Olympics though.

And looking at the calender it's still too close to Trittico Lombardo but it does look better for Spanish teams

Last edited by roundabout; 10-19-11 at 22:56.
Old 10-19-11, 23:04

Good news Libertine and thanks for the work TSF .
Old 10-20-11, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Gilbert?

My guess would be he will go for all the classics bar PR like last year, and win some of them, and then do the first week of the Giro if not the first 2.
I do expect him to line up for the Tour though there is a good chance that he wont.

Valverde

Whats his schedule? I expect him to just go for everything he enters, Paris Nice, Spanish week races, Ardennes, Romandie, TDF Vuelta and Worlds. Whether going for it will mean challenging or coming in 15th, is the big question.

More to come.
no LBL for Valverde???

why would Gilbert ride the first Giro part?
I guess Sanremo till LBL is a quite long peak. Then he wants the Tour (grand depart in his hometown...) and vuelta (form for the worlds with AGR Cauberg-finish).
Old 10-20-11, 01:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Gilbert's big push will be for Ronde, and he's got the team to do it. I can see him trying to get Evans the win in L-B-L.

I'm most interested in the P-N and T-A routes, as that is when the season starts Also who is doing the Giro, got the feeling it may be a much lesser field than what we had this year.
I'm not so sure, with a favourable tour course I wouldn't be surprised to see evans have a relatively light scehdule, and probably miss top form at LBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
For Paris-Nice and Tirreno routes you will have to wait til new year or even February if past history is anything to go by.
yeah these races generally don't come out until a month or so before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havetts View Post
Either one of Kruijswijk or Mollema to do the Giro, my guess would be Kruijswijk. Then Mollema riding the Tour for GC. Gesink to ride the Tour for form and to destroy the Vuelta GC .
On gesink's website I read similar thoughts in an article (not sure who wrote it). Basically is said, gesink will go to the tour underraced, no pressure, if he does well so be it, if not it doesn't matter because his injuries mean no expectations and he can help mollema to a good place. Then still relatively fresh, or rather in full peak form he will destroy the vuelta.

Was very optimistic. In theory it is a good plan tho if it should surface. Considering he will be underraced he should enter the vuelta in fine form.

I'm interested in what Kruijswijk does. I really would like to see him (and maybe slagter) do the giro again, but I have a bad feeling they send him to tour in mollema-like tour role. Which would be a shame... however I do sometimes think Kruijswijk style and mentality might be most appropiate for the tour (of the 3 gc guys). But yeah I'd rather see him do the giro again.
If not hopefully slagter goes with a free role in the mountains.

Kelderman obviously has no business in a GT next year. Curious to see exactly how he devoleps and what type of rider he becomes. Would be nice if he showed some things in smaller stage races.

Also poels, I'd really him to try the giro.
Old 10-20-11, 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
no LBL for Valverde???

why would Gilbert ride the first Giro part?
I guess Sanremo till LBL is a quite long peak. Then he wants the Tour (grand depart in his hometown...) and vuelta (form for the worlds with AGR Cauberg-finish).
LBL counts under "Ardennes"

Gilbert said in an interview in the mag "cyclesport" that since hes worn the Vuelta and Tour leaders jerseys he wants to complete the set with a pink one. He ranked it pretty highly on his goals, naming it after the world championships to the question, "what goals have you left to achieve"

But if hes doing Tour Vuelta, probably will leave Giro till 2013.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.