2012 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-20-11, 02:15

This is a really good thread idea. I am looking forward to seeing all the parcours profiles pop up over the coming months.

I hope that Contador skips Pais Vasco so that it gives Kloden a chance to go back to back
In top grade professional cycling (and in life) it is virtually impossible to be a major winner whilst being 100% clean (or honest). Most GC GT riders are simply doing what they love whilst playing the game.

I'm a huge Kloden fan (or a Klodist) - despite the fact that he rode for Telekom/T-Mobile, Astana and Radioshack

Contador at Fuente De - I salute you!

Germany 7 Brazil 1
Old 10-20-11, 12:24

Evans is actually starting a few days earlier next year, doing Lugano before Friuli, MSB and T-A.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=44292
Old 10-20-11, 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy-loves-Rabo View Post
On gesink's website I read similar thoughts in an article (not sure who wrote it). Basically is said, gesink will go to the tour underraced, no pressure, if he does well so be it, if not it doesn't matter because his injuries mean no expectations and he can help mollema to a good place. Then still relatively fresh, or rather in full peak form he will destroy the vuelta.

Was very optimistic. In theory it is a good plan tho if it should surface. Considering he will be underraced he should enter the vuelta in fine form.

Also poels, I'd really him to try the giro.
I think they want him on top form for the WC in Valkenburg too. He has been 3th at AGR after all. But I think Mollema has a greater chance with his stronger finish so I hope Mollema can ride the Vuelta, but Tour and Vuelta are probably too much.
Old 10-21-11, 07:44

Gilbert to ride the tour to take his early stages and then as a mountain domestique for evans. I think Gilbert is getting delusions of grnadeur and this is the beginning of his stage racing career.
Old 10-21-11, 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlboss View Post
Gilbert to ride the tour to take his early stages and then as a mountain domestique for evans. I think Gilbert is getting delusions of grnadeur and this is the beginning of his stage racing career.
I do hope not. I'd rather see him continuing to kick *** in the Classics, I think that's where his talents lie.

I think he's a dead cert for the TdF though, specially with them setting up the first stage specially for him.....

Not so sure about the Giro. If he's wanting a pink jersey, he may give the Giro a miss this year. The Vuelta would be better prep for the Worlds too and that has to be a major goal for him this year.
Old 10-21-11, 09:01

Gilbert said in an interview after Lombardy that he regrets not doing the Vuelta as the guys who rode it did much better.

He said that next year the WC is a major goal, and with Lombardy the week after it, I am assuming he will do the Vuelta as prep for those .... so Tour and Vuelta would mean no Giro for him.
Old 10-21-11, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
LBL counts under "Ardennes"

Gilbert said in an interview in the mag "cyclesport" that since hes worn the Vuelta and Tour leaders jerseys he wants to complete the set with a pink one. He ranked it pretty highly on his goals, naming it after the world championships to the question, "what goals have you left to achieve"

But if hes doing Tour Vuelta, probably will leave Giro till 2013.
As long as the Worlds is favorable for him he won't ride the Giro.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 10-21-11, 10:57

Quote:

Cadel and Contador early schedule and 1 day races

Cadel will probably go for Ardennes. WIll Contador do them? They both do Tirreno or maybe Cadel goes for Paris Nice. I wouldnt be surprised to see them both do Vuelta worlds after the Tour. Whether Contador will try to win some 1 day races or just go for Castille Leon and Pais Vasco is the main question.
Cadel will do Tirreno, pretty sure that has been confirmed, doubt he will do Paris Nice, hasn't done it for the past few years and I think he prefers the racing and parcours in the Italian Race.

Quote:
We know Contador does Tirreno

Did Gilbert say that ? Just a few months ago he said he wouldnt bother with the Tour with the Liege stage being so flat, though they did change it.

Interesting with Cadel. I think he might do the Vuelta for 3 reasons

1 he was going to do it this year.
2 He is one of those noble characters who cares about cycling beyond the Tour, He would love a Vuelta win.
3 He did the Tour and the Vuelta - for gc when he won the worlds. So if he wants to go for worlds that might be a good way to get peak.
Cadel said on twitter that it is a maybe regarding la vuelta. Worlds is a big target for him next year and I personally don't care for the road cycling at the olympics so for selfish reasons I wouldn't mind him not doing the Olympics. Rest up for la vuelta, the worlds. The course will be good for him especially with the climbing in it with the Cauberg and Bemmelberg (?).
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 10-21-11, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Evans is actually starting a few days earlier next year, doing Lugano before Friuli, MSB and T-A.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=44292
Hmmm, I don't see the point in doing Lugano tbh. Lugano is a week or so before those races and is so small that he may as well just start at Friuli.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 10-21-11, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Hmmm, I don't see the point in doing Lugano tbh. Lugano is a week or so before those races and is so small that he may as well just start at Friuli.
Starting outside your own front door has its advantages.