Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 51 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 11-04-12, 18:38
Descender's Avatar
Descender Descender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
where does it say kolobnev had to lose? they probably made a deal that the winner paid the loser and kolobnev was waiting for his money. thus the letter. you are a total **** if you think kolobnev would lose lbl for 150.000$ when he was making 5x as much as that in a year
Is it really necessary to resort to vulgar ad hominems?

Quote:
"Do you remember well, I had a good chance…” Kolobnev allegedly wrote on April 26th 2010, the day after the race. “Even my wife was disappointed that I finished second… Now I’m waiting patiently…”
What is the purpose and meaning of that sentence if the agreement was merely to pay the second, whoever he was?

I find it hard to believe how strong delusions can be to tear down.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 11-04-12, 19:09
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
Obviously you missed my point. What else can we expect from a bookie anyway?
__________________
Quote:
Do you want to watch better racing? Then power meters and team radios must be banned!
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 11-04-12, 20:04
jens_attacks's Avatar
jens_attacks jens_attacks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descender View Post
The Vino brigade, please tell me how this isn't indicative of Vino paying Kolobnev to lose:



Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...#ixzz2BHHZpOGx

seems like perico must be shiiting himself now


the gutter press discovered a cycling tradition. next, they will find out the big mysteries of drafting or goodness me maybe even that the wheels are round

whatever sells those papers
but i find really incredible what italian prosecutors do....how the hell is that in their attributions? really looks to me they fight "crime".
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 11-04-12, 20:14
Descender's Avatar
Descender Descender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
seems like perico must be shiiting himself now


the gutter press discovered a cycling tradition. next, they will find out the big mysteries of drafting or goodness me maybe even that the wheels are round

whatever sells those papers
but i find really incredible what italian prosecutors do....how the hell is that in their attributions? really looks to me they fight "crime".
Let me know when you have any real argument.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 11-04-12, 20:25
hrotha's Avatar
hrotha hrotha is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,449
Default

If this happens all the time, how come Kolobnev told Vino he wouldn't have done it for anybody else?

This doesn't look like your regular agreement to cooperate. This looks like plain old race throwing. This should be obvious to anyone who isn't a fanboy.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 11-04-12, 20:29
Altitude's Avatar
Altitude Altitude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 726
Default

The real outrage is that those emails were somehow leaked to the public. Races are bought all the time, always have been. Move along folks.
__________________
"... because he set an amazing example. He has more courage than anyone I ever rode with and that's why he got respect from his team-mates. A great leader makes you want to go beyond the limits."

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 11-04-12, 20:29
Dutchsmurf Dutchsmurf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descender View Post
What is the purpose and meaning of that sentence if the agreement was merely to pay the second, whoever he was?

I find it hard to believe how strong delusions can be to tear down.
That sentence can mean a "I did help you and without me you might not have made it."

Also that last sentence doesn't do your argument any good. This has nothing to do with delusions (and why would you want to tear down delusions, I think you want to cause them, not tear them down). I don't care if Vino paid for any races or not. I care about the excitement he caused. If he had to pay for it than I consider that money well spent.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 11-04-12, 21:15
Descender's Avatar
Descender Descender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchsmurf View Post
That sentence can mean a "I did help you and without me you might not have made it."

Also that last sentence doesn't do your argument any good. This has nothing to do with delusions (and why would you want to tear down delusions, I think you want to cause them, not tear them down). I don't care if Vino paid for any races or not. I care about the excitement he caused. If he had to pay for it than I consider that money well spent.
When you set yourself to write this post, was your primary purpose to say as many outrageous things per sentence as possible?
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 11-05-12, 00:17
Afrank's Avatar
Afrank Afrank is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchsmurf View Post
That sentence can mean a "I did help you and without me you might not have made it."

Also that last sentence doesn't do your argument any good. This has nothing to do with delusions (and why would you want to tear down delusions, I think you want to cause them, not tear them down). I don't care if Vino paid for any races or not. I care about the excitement he caused. If he had to pay for it than I consider that money well spent.
So basically, Contador could have paid Rodriguez and Valverde to let him win on Fuente De and it would be all fine just because it was exciting. Brilliant logic there . Paying someone to win a race doesn't make a victory a real victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
really never heard of that? at least in netherlands commentatoprs talked about if oftenly. also former cyclists. happens in pretty much every race. nothign wrong with it either as both guys will give it a shot to win and the winner pays the loser, so he's not entirely emptyhanded after the effort
Paying someone to work with you does make more sense if both of the riders would have payed the other if they won. But I would think that you wouldn't have to pay the other guy to work with you in as big a race as LBL. They would easily be able to figure out that they would have a better chance working together then they would having to compete with all the guys in the chase. Unless of course Vino and Kolobnev are obsessed with money and refused to work together unless they got some money out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
The real outrage is that those emails were somehow leaked to the public. Races are bought all the time, always have been. Move along folks.
Even if it is something that goes on a lot, that doesn't make it a good thing. And it doesn't mean we should just turn a blind eye to it. Buying a race is akin to doping IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 11-05-12, 10:55
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descender View Post
Let me know when you have any real argument.
I'm still waiting for yours
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.