Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 51 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-04-12, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
where does it say kolobnev had to lose? they probably made a deal that the winner paid the loser and kolobnev was waiting for his money. thus the letter. you are a total **** if you think kolobnev would lose lbl for 150.000$ when he was making 5x as much as that in a year
Is it really necessary to resort to vulgar ad hominems?

Quote:
"Do you remember well, I had a good chance…” Kolobnev allegedly wrote on April 26th 2010, the day after the race. “Even my wife was disappointed that I finished second… Now I’m waiting patiently…”
What is the purpose and meaning of that sentence if the agreement was merely to pay the second, whoever he was?

I find it hard to believe how strong delusions can be to tear down.
Old 11-04-12, 19:09

Quote:
Obviously you missed my point. What else can we expect from a bookie anyway?
Old 11-04-12, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descender View Post
The Vino brigade, please tell me how this isn't indicative of Vino paying Kolobnev to lose:

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...#ixzz2BHHZpOGx

seems like perico must be shiiting himself now

the gutter press discovered a cycling tradition. next, they will find out the big mysteries of drafting or goodness me maybe even that the wheels are round

whatever sells those papers
but i find really incredible what italian prosecutors do....how the hell is that in their attributions? really looks to me they fight "crime".
Old 11-04-12, 20:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
seems like perico must be shiiting himself now

the gutter press discovered a cycling tradition. next, they will find out the big mysteries of drafting or goodness me maybe even that the wheels are round

whatever sells those papers
but i find really incredible what italian prosecutors do....how the hell is that in their attributions? really looks to me they fight "crime".
Let me know when you have any real argument.
Old 11-04-12, 20:25

If this happens all the time, how come Kolobnev told Vino he wouldn't have done it for anybody else?

This doesn't look like your regular agreement to cooperate. This looks like plain old race throwing. This should be obvious to anyone who isn't a fanboy.
Old 11-04-12, 20:29

The real outrage is that those emails were somehow leaked to the public. Races are bought all the time, always have been. Move along folks.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Old 11-04-12, 20:29

Quote:
What is the purpose and meaning of that sentence if the agreement was merely to pay the second, whoever he was?

I find it hard to believe how strong delusions can be to tear down.
That sentence can mean a "I did help you and without me you might not have made it."

Also that last sentence doesn't do your argument any good. This has nothing to do with delusions (and why would you want to tear down delusions, I think you want to cause them, not tear them down). I don't care if Vino paid for any races or not. I care about the excitement he caused. If he had to pay for it than I consider that money well spent.
Old 11-04-12, 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchsmurf View Post
That sentence can mean a "I did help you and without me you might not have made it."

Also that last sentence doesn't do your argument any good. This has nothing to do with delusions (and why would you want to tear down delusions, I think you want to cause them, not tear them down). I don't care if Vino paid for any races or not. I care about the excitement he caused. If he had to pay for it than I consider that money well spent.
When you set yourself to write this post, was your primary purpose to say as many outrageous things per sentence as possible?
Old 11-05-12, 00:17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchsmurf View Post

So basically, Contador could have paid Rodriguez and Valverde to let him win on Fuente De and it would be all fine just because it was exciting. Brilliant logic there . Paying someone to win a race doesn't make a victory a real victory.

Quote:
really never heard of that? at least in netherlands commentatoprs talked about if oftenly. also former cyclists. happens in pretty much every race. nothign wrong with it either as both guys will give it a shot to win and the winner pays the loser, so he's not entirely emptyhanded after the effort
Paying someone to work with you does make more sense if both of the riders would have payed the other if they won. But I would think that you wouldn't have to pay the other guy to work with you in as big a race as LBL. They would easily be able to figure out that they would have a better chance working together then they would having to compete with all the guys in the chase. Unless of course Vino and Kolobnev are obsessed with money and refused to work together unless they got some money out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
The real outrage is that those emails were somehow leaked to the public. Races are bought all the time, always have been. Move along folks.
Even if it is something that goes on a lot, that doesn't make it a good thing. And it doesn't mean we should just turn a blind eye to it. Buying a race is akin to doping IMO.
Old 11-05-12, 10:55

Quote:
Let me know when you have any real argument.
I'm still waiting for yours