Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 57 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-07-12, 17:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
I don't care about a victory like this. It's just time that Vino got punished, he ruined the race. And Kolobnev is a cheap ***** for selling out like that.

Anyway, UCI hasn't dropped charges, Ryo is speaking BS again. Investigation is just about to start actually.

But if buying races is allowed then you won't be offended when Phil buys him self a ****load of races next year because he's richer than 99.99% of the peloton. It's a good old tradition right? Let's already declare him winner of all the Monuments.
Lets not declare phil the winner of jack ****. he is not going to win Paris Roubaix even if he pays off the entire peloton and in case you missed it Vino actually managed to get himself up there towards the end of Liege Bastogne Liege, something Phil was not able to do in a single monument last year.

And its not like he had Cancellara with him, it was frickin Kolobnev against the 3 top riders of the moment.

And its not like Kolobnev did a froome for him either, he may have given it all but they shared the workload.

In other words VIno did not buy the race from scratch, he actually got himself into a position where paying 1 class B rider to take it a bit easier, managed to get him win. When has Phil ever been in such a position that you would give him more monuments?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 11-07-12 at 17:17.
Old 11-07-12, 19:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Lets not declare phil the winner of jack ****. he is not going to win Paris Roubaix even if he pays off the entire peloton and in case you missed it Vino actually managed to get himself up there towards the end of Liege Bastogne Liege, something Phil was not able to do in a single monument last year.

And its not like he had Cancellara with him, it was frickin Kolobnev against the 3 top riders of the moment.

And its not like Kolobnev did a froome for him either, he may have given it all but they shared the workload.

In other words VIno did not buy the race from scratch, he actually got himself into a position where paying 1 class B rider to take it a bit easier, managed to get him win. When has Phil ever been in such a position that you would give him more monuments?
What on earth are you talking about?

So according to your stupid logic Phil could have just bought him self a MSR victory in 2011 and you wouldn't complain if he offered €2.000.000 to Gossie and Cancellara. You must be pretty stupid if you'd accept that. Or just too much up Vino's ***.

Vino bought him self a win and without that he would've most likely finished second. A place no one remembers. Being second is not good enough, you have to be first. He achieved jack **** to say it with your words.

What does Cancellara have to do with this anyway? Kolobnev is better than Cancellara in hilly races.

I guess you would be cool with Pozzato buying him self a Ronde van Vlaanderen victory as well. After all, if you're able to finish second you're apparently entitled to a win if you have enough money.

What does Phil's year have to do with this by the way? In case you didn't notice, he won the WC and it wasn't by paying Kolobnev money...

I have to agree with hrorta, these ad hominems are pathetic and laughable. Phil has nothing to do with this. For me LBL 2010 doesn't have a winner. Which is indeed sad as Gilbert was definitely stronger than both Vino and Kolobnev that day. Oh well, he's richer now, so he can buy him self a couple of nice victories next year according to the Vino fanboys. All is cool.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-07-12 at 19:24.
Old 11-07-12, 19:21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
agreed, the issue here is that someone here just can't understand that this is how things work, and that this is only brought up in the off season so that some forum members got something to complain about.
Yeah and doping also used to be how things worked, but look at all of the riders that have been banned for that and all the results that have been stripped. How is buying a race any different to doping? No matter what you say buying a race is still cheating.

And this is not being brought up because it is the off season or as something to complain about. It is being brought up because new evidence has emerged.

If it had been any other rider in Vino's position half the people on the forum would be ripping into them. the hardcore Vino fans are actually reminding me of the people that still support Armstrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post

yeah, Vino did the work and would have been 1st or 2nd no matter what. But this is not the issue, the issue is that he cheated and bought the race, it doesn't matter that it was a class B rider he was competing with. He payed him off for the race and therefore does not deserve to be called the winner. The winner for 2010 should be left blank or Vino and kolobnev should tie for second. But neither deserves to be called the winner.
Old 11-07-12, 19:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Yeah and doping also used to be how things worked, but look at all of the riders that have been banned for that and all the results that have been stripped. How is buying a race any different to doping? No matter what you say buying a race is still cheating.
Buying a race is different from doping in the rider who sells the race is agreeing to selling the race. A clean rider doesn't agree with or even know about other riders' use of doping.
Old 11-07-12, 20:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Buying a race is different from doping in the rider who sells the race is agreeing to selling the race. A clean rider doesn't agree with or even know about other riders' use of doping.
Yes, but my point is that it is just as much a form of cheating as doping is.
Old 11-07-12, 20:44

Quote:
If you mean cheating in the sense that it breaks the rules, then yes it is. And so is wearing a rain coat that isn't transparent or the same colour as your normal jersey. And so riding a saddle that is 279 mm long. And and and...

But it's more or less a victim-less crime (I say more or less because you might argue that the audience might feel "robbed of a true race", I personally think that is BS though). Kolobnev isn't a victim. He could have refused the deal. He probably accepted the deal because he thought he would have lost anyway.

Doping is (obviously) not a victim-less crime.
Old 11-07-12, 21:17

Quote:
No, it's really not. When you buy a race you're not cheating anybody (except maybe yourself). It is an agreement between you and another rider(s). Totally different from doping. Not even close.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Old 11-07-12, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
When you buy a race you're not cheating anybody (except maybe yourself). It is an agreement between you and another rider(s).
So you're not cheating the fans? Bottom line, buying races is a form of cheating.
Old 11-07-12, 21:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
If you mean cheating in the sense that it breaks the rules, then yes it is. And so is wearing a rain coat that isn't transparent or the same colour as your normal jersey. And so riding a saddle that is 279 mm long. And and and...

But it's more or less a victim-less crime (I say more or less because you might argue that the audience might feel "robbed of a true race", I personally think that is BS though). Kolobnev isn't a victim. He could have refused the deal. He probably accepted the deal because he thought he would have lost anyway.

Doping is (obviously) not a victim-less crime.

I mean cheating as in the sense that it alters the race. Just breaking the rules is not cheating unless it gives you a distinct advantage (holding onto a car for example gives you a advantage, wearing a rain coat that isn't clear does not give anyone an advantage). Sure Vino might have won anyways, but maybe Kolobnev would have gotten the better of him (he said himself he was feeling great that day). We've seen in many many races the guy everyone expects to win lose out to another guy. Boonen v. Vanmarcke or Rabottini v. Purito for example. Nobody has any idea who would have won that race had Kolobnev not excepted the bribe.

I agree with you that Kolobnev is no victim, as far as I am concerned, both of them are at fault here.
Old 11-07-12, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
So you're not cheating the fans? Bottom line, buying races is a form of cheating.
What the fans don't know the fans don't mind.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"