Tennis is ridiculous - Page 19 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-12-12, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
santoro? that's one I'd suspect of blood doping. his game was all about fitness.
Have you ever watched him play Safin?
Safin-a guy with some of the biggest groundstrokes in the history of the game.
Santoro-the magician. Played Safin like a fiddle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wcwtbr2TLI
Nothing physical about Santoro's game.
Old 02-13-12, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoncolan View Post
Have you ever watched him play Safin?
Safin-a guy with some of the biggest groundstrokes in the history of the game.
Santoro-the magician. Played Safin like a fiddle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wcwtbr2TLI
Nothing physical about Santoro's game.
I meant his extraordinary lung-capacity (chasing impossible balls) and the fact that he remained fit at such an advanced age, as factors which could arouse suspicion.
Of course there is nothing suspicious about his (non-existent) muscularity or body structure. And indeed, he did have technique. Although personally I'm not a fan of double-handed back- AND forehands (from an aesthetic point of view, I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstainer View Post
A quote from Santoro:

Of course some are. Like in every sport where there's much money at stake. It's obvious and very unpleasant to see a doper facing you and you think I trained 3 or 4 hours a day, I made the maximum to prepare my match and he seems to have 4 lungs, he doesn't even breathe and eventually defeats me but you can't say anything because you don't have proof.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/video-ten...alement-propre
Thanks. Admittedly, that very much sounds like a comment from a genuinely clean guy.
Old 02-15-12, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggalor View Post
Look at who was tested. Basically just the losers, and no one after the 2nd round. [/url]
That's not quite right - if I remember rightly, Murray won that tournament, beating Rafa in the final. And they were both tested on the 9th (after participation in the doubles presumably).
Old 02-20-12, 00:53

If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 02-20-12, 04:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Regarding Federes physicality it should be pointed out that he uses a way heavier racket.

Nadals Aero pro drive is 300g. Federers Wilson K Factor is 350g.

Heavier racket means slower shots. His serve is usually above 210 but with a Nadal racket that would be closer to 230 which is quite fast and he maintains that through 5 set matches easy.
Hitch, the racquets they are using are not likely stock such that you could purchase. In fact the only thing that might be similar to your racquet is often the paint job or graphics design. Almost all of the top pros and you can be sure of the top 4 will have very significant custom modifications made to their racquets. Generally they are heavier than what is listed as spec. and often reinforced to take the abuse that only they can deliver. Many times a pro is very reluctant to change his racquet design and yet if the sponsoring company can't produce new and improved models, they don't sell many racquests so often the pro continues to play with the old model but with the graphics of the newest latest greatest model that the company is marketing. I've even seen pros take on a new racquet sponsor but keep playing with their old racquet because they can't win with the new company's racquet and so they just have the old racquet painted to look like the new company's and often it is very obvious.
Old 02-20-12, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by robow7 View Post
I've even seen pros take on a new racquet sponsor but keep playing with their old racquet because they can't win with the new company's racquet and so they just have the old racquet painted to look like the new company's and often it is very obvious.
I remember the rumours of Nadal doing that with the Aero drive released in 2009.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 02-21-12, 08:11

Yea, one of my closest friends travels the circuit stringing for many of the pros and sees this often. Of course the top few guys have their own full time personal stringer that travels with them but many or most can't afford that luxury.
Old 02-21-12, 16:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfE9b63J_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7kS6...eature=related

Tennis is ridiculously awesome at times

Quote:
Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.
Quote:
#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Old 02-21-12, 16:31

Default Tennis journalists break Omerta.

http://www.tennis-prose.com/bios/has...e-doping-laws/

Finally tennis journalists say some of the same things that have been said for years on "tennishasasteroidsproblem". Note that some of the "commenters", are in fact tennis "insiders", who are quite good players themselves, and have friends that are/were tennis tour pros. These guys would be better than most to recognize suspicious performances. Here are some of the quotes :

"And this year, a former player I talked to, said he was stunned watching the Australian Open fifth set, where at 4-all in games, during the first point of the next game, Nadal and Djokovic engaged in a long, physical rally that left Djokovic on one knee, heaving for breath afterward. Nadal, this player said, walked up to the line to serve the next point, barely breathing."

"Several players have said we would never hear about it if a major star tested positive as it would cost the tour tons of money if the top star had to be suspended. Google “operation puerto” about the Spanish athletes and doping. Also, did you know that the socer star Lionel Messi supposedly had some kind of childhood condition that a doctor ordered Messi needed to take I believe it was HGH as a kid all through his childhood? I read this last year in a soccer mag and was astounded to read it. Maybe this is a reason why Messi became such a superhuman player? Are there any Messi Frankensteins in other sports too? Intriguing subject."

"No one said we’re the cleanest, but Nadal does bend the imagination. Who goes in for an MRI the day before the tournament begins and then plays like he’s a total warrior. He looked stronger than Djokovic physically and that wasn’t the case last year in Miami or at the US Open."

"I admire his game and his ability to turn “garbage” into miracles on the court (running down balls no one has ever run down in the history of the sport, and doing something incredible with the ball). Rios did this but not by running down balls – he did it through his knowledge of the game and how it could be played, not just by retrieving (I think Rios was more innovative – a la Federer). "

"There are a lot of things that make me suspicious of Nadal. He continues to look mediocre in warmup grasscourt and hardcourt tournaments and then transforms into a beast in majors. Just look at his statistics in non clay tournaments since June 2010 after he had his PRP treatments:
Hardcourt/Grasscourt Grand Slam finals made, June 2010 to the present:
Nadal: 5
Djokovic: 5
Murray: 2
Federer: 0
Hardcourt/Grasscourt finals made in all other tournaments, June 2010 to the present:
Federer: 13
Murray: 9
Djokovic: 7
Isn’t interesting how the result are completely reversed from Slams to all remaining tournaments? Nadal has looked very mediocre at Queens, Canada, Cincinnati, and Doha the last 3 seasons, yet had it not been for a change in diet, he would have won 5 of the last 6 non clay court Slams.
"

Last edited by Andynonomous; 02-21-12 at 16:37.
Old 02-21-12, 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andynonomous View Post
http://www.tennis-prose.com/bios/has...e-doping-laws/

Finally tennis journalists say some of the same things that have been said for years on "tennishasasteroidsproblem". Note that some of the "commenters", are in fact tennis "insiders", who are quite good players themselves, and have friends that are/were tennis tour pros. These guys would be better than most to recognize suspicious performances. Here are some of the quotes :

"And this year, a former player I talked to, said he was stunned watching the Australian Open fifth set, where at 4-all in games, during the first point of the next game, Nadal and Djokovic engaged in a long, physical rally that left Djokovic on one knee, heaving for breath afterward. Nadal, this player said, walked up to the line to serve the next point, barely breathing."

"Several players have said we would never hear about it if a major star tested positive as it would cost the tour tons of money if the top star had to be suspended. Google “operation puerto” about the Spanish athletes and doping. Also, did you know that the socer star Lionel Messi supposedly had some kind of childhood condition that a doctor ordered Messi needed to take I believe it was HGH as a kid all through his childhood? I read this last year in a soccer mag and was astounded to read it. Maybe this is a reason why Messi became such a superhuman player? Are there any Messi Frankensteins in other sports too? Intriguing subject."

"No one said we’re the cleanest, but Nadal does bend the imagination. Who goes in for an MRI the day before the tournament begins and then plays like he’s a total warrior. He looked stronger than Djokovic physically and that wasn’t the case last year in Miami or at the US Open."

"I admire his game and his ability to turn “garbage” into miracles on the court (running down balls no one has ever run down in the history of the sport, and doing something incredible with the ball). Rios did this but not by running down balls – he did it through his knowledge of the game and how it could be played, not just by retrieving (I think Rios was more innovative – a la Federer). "

"There are a lot of things that make me suspicious of Nadal. He continues to look mediocre in warmup grasscourt and hardcourt tournaments and then transforms into a beast in majors. Just look at his statistics in non clay tournaments since June 2010 after he had his PRP treatments:
Hardcourt/Grasscourt Grand Slam finals made, June 2010 to the present:
Djokovic: 5
Murray: 2
Federer: 0
Hardcourt/Grasscourt finals made in all other tournaments, June 2010 to the present:
Federer: 13
Murray: 9
Djokovic: 7
Isn’t interesting how the result are completely reversed from Slams to all remaining tournaments? Nadal has looked very mediocre at Queens, Canada, Cincinnati, and Doha the last 3 seasons, yet had it not been for a change in diet, he would have won 5 of the last 6 non clay court Slams.
"
excellent comments. i do hope nadal gets exposed. he's not only the worst tennis player of the current top four, he's also the least sympathetic.
what they say about Messi is absolutely spot on. a football frankenstein. and it's not being questioned by nobody, even though its publicly known he grew up with HGH
perhaps you can invite those guys over to the clinic?
wait till they hear about Xavi doing HGH for breakfast.

Last edited by sniper; 02-21-12 at 21:20.