Tb500 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-28-12, 03:15

Default Tb500

OK So I have thought about creating this thread long and hard. In the off season I was having a conversation with a current pro and he said its like 'one step forward two steps back'... and he told me of performances that have come out of nowhere and surprised the peloton because of a certain drug.. I would think of certain individuals who came to the fore in the tour and the vuelta, because of TB500...

http://www.tb500.com/ That is the link.

I'm sorry if people think I'm being pessimistic or trying to damage the sport.
Old 01-28-12, 03:21

This stuff promotes angiogenesis, which is a necessary component of cancer metastasis.

If cyclists are taking this stuff without proper medical supervision, they're insane.
Old 01-28-12, 03:39

Thanks for the reply, I understand its becoming the drug of choice at the moment, and its very expensive..
Old 01-28-12, 04:52

Don't worry. I'm sure that the new level of competitiveness of cyclists who came out of Omega Pharma, where a soigner was caught importing this stuff, and then went to a team, where another soigner was caught importing EPO, would not use this stuff. Dominating hilly classics or winning a Tour at the oldest age since--what?--World War II is all down to clean living.

Before labs start testing for it, the UCI will be helpful enough to warn the peloton that they are cracking down on this scourge...so the riders can move on to the next scourge.
Old 01-28-12, 05:04

'Drug Free Performance' :lol
Old 01-28-12, 10:41
Administrator

Everyone stay polite or face sanctions. This is an official warning.

Susan
Old 01-28-12, 10:42

I would not be surprised.

How old is bottle? 38 and racing like a 28 year old. Aint natural i tell ya.

Riders stupidly trust what they are told by their team doctors. Teams are scared sponsors will pull out and do anything to win. Pulling out of cycling has probably put the scare on lots of teams, riders and DSs so it is pull out all the stops to get wins this year and if Tb500 will get results pump it in to the donkeys. When was it any different?

As for Evans, he has rode for a lot dirty teams and Rihs is one of the diritiest in cycling. Evans has been a smart guy but the dots lead to the dope and when dots join up in cycling we (well those of us will a basic level of intelligence)know how the results are achieved.
Old 01-28-12, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post

Riders stupidly trust what they are told by their team doctors. Teams are scared sponsors will pull out and do anything to win. Pulling out of cycling has probably put the scare on lots of teams, riders and DSs so it is pull out all the stops to get wins this year and if Tb500 will get results pump it in to the donkeys. When was it any different?

As for Evans, he has rode for a lot dirty teams and Rihs is one of the diritiest in cycling. Evans has been a smart guy but the dots lead to the dope and when dots join up in cycling we (well those of us will a basic level of intelligence)know how the results are achieved.
I was also thinking of a certain Sky rider who pretty much came from nowhere in the Vuelta..
Old 01-28-12, 11:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose McKnuckles View Post
If cyclists are taking this stuff without proper medical supervision, they're insane.
You mean the same type of proper medical supervision Jesus Manzano was under when he almost died out on the road?

How do you properly supervise the administration to humans of drugs made for horses? Wait, why don't we ask Bruyneel when the Tour rolls around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post

Thirty-two miles per hour average at his age during a time-trial is disgusting.

Last edited by Berzin; 01-28-12 at 11:16.
Old 01-28-12, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatking88 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I understand its becoming the drug of choice at the moment, and its very expensive..
1 vial = $450. Expensive, but compared to the $millions floating around the peleton, not so much.

Quote:
How often can TB-500 be administered?
Horses - Use one 10mg vial every week for a 6 week period
Greyhound - Use half of one 10mg vial every week for 6 weeks
Dang - there's no recommended dosages for cyclists. Looks like it's a guessing game.