BMC in disarray? - Page 98 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-12-12, 13:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
In other words, the ideal future BMC signing.
No, BMC sign them when they still win stuff.
Old 04-12-12, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
In other words, the ideal future BMC signing.
GVA and Evans beg to differ.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 04-12-12, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Point being you're not dismissive of Gilbert. Duh.

I'd say 2011 FW (2nd to a guy who isn't expected to contend) counts as a past performance to base a prediction on, but whatever.
I'm not predicting Gilbert to win any Ardennes classics if that's what you're talking about?

Evans will be back this year
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 04-12-12, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
Sure Evans looked good in the Criterium but it wasn't really a great field of riders he was up against. He might have trouble getting to the final climb at the front. Sanchez will have some chance. I think Rodriguez and Gerrans have to be the favourites. Maybe Freire not sure about Cunego, his one day race legs seem to have deserted him. Evans and GVA will probably ride their usual consistent races but not sure if they can win. I think Cadel is more suited to the Fleche. Valverde and Voeckler will probably do better in the Liege.
You have to have Valverde as one of the biggest favorites... and maybe a good darkhorse would be Devenyns: his form is looking good and he is a good explosive climber, same with Poels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 04-13-12, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
He might have trouble getting to the final climb at the front. Sanchez will have some chance. I think Rodriguez and Gerrans have to be the favourites. Evans and GVA will probably ride their usual consistent races but not sure if they can win. I think Cadel is more suited to the Fleche. Valverde and Voeckler will probably do better in the Liege.
If you look at my quote i was just talking only about JROD in better form than Gilbert and then stating Samu and Evans as threats on the Mur- which is what you say by F-W ( which he has a better chance on )
Evans has good positioning in all races and is consistent ( i agree with you that he will probably not win AGR ) and he will have improved from the CI.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 04-13-12, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
If you look at my quote i was just talking only about JROD in better form than Gilbert and then stating Samu and Evans as threats on the Mur- which is what you say by F-W ( which he has a better chance on )
Evans has good positioning in all races and is consistent ( i agree with you that he will probably not win AGR ) and he will have improved from the CI.
Will be good to see Cadel in the firing line again. Unlike Boonen's dominance in the flatter classics I think the upcoming races will be very open and hard to predict. If Rodriguez is ever going to win one, now would be the time.
Old 04-13-12, 15:06

Yeah I would love to see how well cadel can ride in LBL and FW which suit him more. AGR might not have long enough hills for him, but as showed in TDF 2011 his uphill sprint is really good. Those hills were similiar to the cauberg.
Old 04-13-12, 15:14

I think GVA will be the leader at Amstel tbh. Evans at FW and Gilbert at LBL if he comes to form. Evans is the best bet for winning.

Who would have though at the start Gilbert would suck that bad so far, ehh
Old 04-13-12, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
I think GVA will be the leader at Amstel tbh. Evans at FW and Gilbert at LBL if he comes to form. Evans is the best bet for winning.

Who would have though at the start Gilbert would suck that bad so far, ehh
Its not his gilbert's fault he is still struggling to recover from the tooth infection and his multiple illnesses. I believe evans would be stronger than GVA in any of the 3 classics. Would like him to be the sole leader. But I think he will work for others instead.
Old 04-13-12, 18:06

Phil training with his brother.
Quote: