March 17th 2012 Milan-Sanremo - The Primavera - 298km - Page 149 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 03-19-12, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
they are bad losers.on the front page of gazzetta dello sport they even made a bad joke about gerrans and doping.of course because they didn't win.

the new generation of italian cycling will suck so hard,they won't win anything in the next 10 years only maybe with di luca,basso,scarponi and rebellin if he comes back.lol they even removed podiums at the kids races,way to go to become a loser nation in sports kudos!

about the changings i hope not,let cipressa and poggio.i want to see also sprinters having some glory.i also don't like le manie there,it should be removed.
who cares,italians won't win anyway
Its one newspaper and yet you judged all italian as sore loser.

Last edited by Zam_Olyas; 03-19-12 at 11:29.

Sure, it's fine that they want an Italian to win, but not by tailoring a parcours for the Italian star of the moment. Used to be Italy dominated the sprints. Would they revert to a softer Milan-Sanremo if Guardini comes along?

I think the current parcours is great, and if it needs further tweaking it shouldn't be in the finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastronef View Post
bull****: an italian did not win and they want to change the parcours

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rout...milan-san-remo
there hasn't won an italian in years. simply put. msr has bad viewing numbers in italy because the race is boring. ever heard about the massive differences between viewing numbers during the giro between mountain and flat stages? 4x as much watch mountainstages that's why you see so many of them in the giro
Old 03-19-12, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Its one newspaper and yet you judged all italian as sore loser....does all romanian love dopers?
it just piszes me off for what they did to that awesome generation.no more nationals or worlds for them but they are hyping as hell some guys with absolutely no chance in world class races,modolo,gatto,viviani.

i will edit my stupid rampage though lol
Old 03-19-12, 12:10

Lol they will move the finish at the foot of the Poggio? That's STUPID.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 03-19-12, 12:36

Do you guys mean that the change that many screamed for in this same forum for thousand of post is probably gonna happen, but now it sucks?
Wanna talk about the Olimpic Course btw? Anyone?
Old 03-19-12, 12:42

They probably need to make some changes but they should also be careful not to overdo it.

But then again, it's far from the first time that I've read about route changes being considered on Monday after Sanremo.
Old 03-19-12, 15:01

Just watching the highlights again, and I'm reconsidering my opinion on Liquigas tactics. Seemed like they were trying to win it with Nibali specifically, or at least leaning that way, whereas they should have been fully backing Sagan IMO. On the Poggio descent, Sagan was the second man in the chase group, and looked like he could have done more, but then he would be dragging people up to Nibali's group. Would have been better to just scrap Nibali's chances in that group and let Sagan get back. That's with hindsight, though, and assuming Sagan could actually have caught them.
Old 03-19-12, 15:12

the problem is nibali and oss only ride for themselves in every race. they are destructive in every way to sagan's chances. in oman for instance every stage oss sprinted for himself while sagan could've won. also saturdya in msr oss did absolute zero work so he could finish 9th himself, nibali 3rd and sagan should've won this
Old 03-19-12, 17:26

For the kids out there who don't know anything about cycling, I'll have to recall that 800m after the foot of the Poggio means Corso Cavalotti !

Corso Cavalotti was the street where the finish line was set between 1988 and 1992 ! A little bit of a research might help. That's not crazy since when they switched to Lungomare, Corso Cavalotti was also an issue.

Lungomare is sh*t. Not only is set further away from the Poggio, compared to Via Roma but head win 9 time in 10.

Via Roma is wind-proof and what's more, slightly uphill. And the traditional setting for the finish. The only thing I would wish know is the return of the Via Roma.

A new hill wouldn't be a bad thing of course but I don't think it's necessary. Even the Maniè is not necessary, I think. In order to prevent bunch sprints, there's only one thing to do: COMBAT DOPING ! If you don't agree with this, you know what's in your eyes.

The CN article is crap.
Quote:
Traditionally a sprinter's race,
LOL
Quote:
First, in 1960, organisers added the Poggio climb to the event, and in 1982, the Cipressa. The reason for both changes was the same: make the race more selective in order to ensure possible attackers a chance of victory.
Inaccurate. True for the Poggio in 1960 but in 1981 Fons De Wolf won the last edition without Cipressa alone. The Cipressa was supposed to reduce the speed for safety reasons (which is stupid since Raas had a serious crash in the descent) but not to prevent a sprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki
the problem is nibali and oss only ride for themselves in every race. they are destructive in every way to sagan's chances. in oman for instance every stage oss sprinted for himself while sagan could've won. also saturdya in msr oss did absolute zero work so he could finish 9th himself, nibali 3rd and sagan should've won this
Lol, Sagan had two "teammates" from Katusha to work for him and they couldn't catch 'em up.

Of course, Nibali's riding for himself. He's the LEADER, so why should he be a domestique. De Vlaeminck never gave any help to De Muynck when the latter could win Romandie. Stybar never expected anything from his teammates when he raced for Fidea. Cycling is an individual sport.