Omqs - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 04-08-12, 16:02

OPQS have become the 'blue train' of 2012 and instead of the Tdf they are gonna take everything else and probably put Bottle on the podium of the TdF too for good measure. Boonen to take the green jersey if he rides the TdF.

Brailsford and the rest of the need new team doctors.

Pro cycling is once again advertising itself as a PED sport. Well done UCI!

You need to be blind or stupid to think Boonen and OPQS are doing this on evian.

Other sports are PED full too but apart from Tennis, which is so obvious and it will just take 1 big positive to make everyone say "oh yeah look at them they do looked doped to their gills, how did we not see it", cycling makes it so crystal clear to the fans.

Last edited by Benotti69; 04-08-12 at 16:16.
Old 04-08-12, 16:09

Ibarguren's wins in a span of 365 days:

Flèche brabançonne: Philippe Gilbert
Amstel Gold Race: Philippe Gilbert
Flèche wallonne: Philippe Gilbert
Liège-Bastogne-Liège: Philippe Gilbert
Gullegem kermess: Philippe Gilbert
Tour of Belgium + queen stage: Philippe Gilbert
Ster ZLN Tour + queen stage: Philippe Gilbert (even though he raced slower than Terpstra overall)
Stage at Tour of Belgium: André Greipel
Mountain stage at Giro d'Italia: Bart De Clercq
Stage at Dauphiné: Jurgen Van den Broeck
Belgian Championship RR: Philippe Gilbert
Hilly stage at Bore de France: Philippe Gilbert
Flat stage at Bore de France: Andre Greipel
Mountain stage at Bore de France: Jelle Vanendert
3 post-Bore criterium in the same week: Philippe Gilbert
Clasica San Sebastian: Philippe Gilbert
3 stages at Eneco Tour: Philippe Gilbert & Andre Greipel
Belgian Championship TT: Philippe Gilbert
Quebec GP: Philippe Gilbert
GP de Wallonie: Philippe Gilbert
Copenhagen 6-Days: Iljo Keisse
Czech Championship cyclocross: Zdenek Stybar
Middelkerke cyclocross: Zdenek Stybar
3 flat stages at the Tour of San Luis: Francesco Chicchi & Tom Boonen
Tour of San Luis (+TT & another stage): Levy Leipheimer
Tour of Qatar + 2 stages: Tom Boonen
Trofeo Palma: Andy Fenn
Trofeo Migjorn: Andy Fenn
Tour of Oman: Peter Velits
Stage at the Volta ao Algarve: Gerald Ciolek
Three-Days of West Flanders: Julien Vermote
2 stages at the Three Days of West Flanders: Francesco Chicchi & Michal Kwiatkowski
Stage at Paris-Nice: Tom Boonen
Nokere Koerse: Francesco Chicchi
Handzame Classic: Francesco Chicchi
ex-Dwars door België: Niki Terpstra
E3 Harelbeke: Tom Boonen
Ghent-Wevelgem: Tom Boonen
Three-Days of De Panne + TT: Sylvain Chavanel
Tour of Flanders: Tom Boonen
Paris-Roubaix Tom Boonen

Last edited by Echoes; 04-08-12 at 16:20.
Old 04-08-12, 16:26

It is becoming quite embarassing how they stomp all other teams, normally my first reaction wont be "DOPE" but damn, this season is becoming ridiculous...
Old 04-08-12, 16:39

Oh man, I seriously cannot wait to see Bottle in July. I'm not being sarcastic either, I hope they load him up so much he's taking off at the top of the mountains. It will be a reet laugh!
Old 04-08-12, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
It's high time antidoping concentrate on the classics, now.

This is absolutely ABNORMAL !

Antidoping focused for far too long on stage races, giving cheating classicmen too much freedom.
Yes, but there are many challenges here.
-UCI running interference a half-dozen ways.
-Timing is everything in doping and the one-days give riders maximum lattitude in doping.

Stage racing the timing issues aren't quite eliminated, but it's harder to have it all work out to a false negative.

I think part of the final answer is manditory back-dated testing. This gives testers the time to catch up to the protocols.

The other part is to give WADA much more authority and some transparency. I'd like to see some regular anonymous stats from WADA. X number of tests, Y number of negatives, Z number of suspicious results and W number of positives.

I second the Mapei reference. Unforgetable.

At the rate they are going, the UCI has recreated the conditions for another doping scandal.

Last edited by DirtyWorks; 04-08-12 at 16:46.
Old 04-08-12, 16:42

In defence of OPQS;

They are the only top-level team pretty much dedicated to this part of the season.

Boonen was fantastic before, and there is evidence that he has perhaps "enjoyed his success" a little too much the past few seasons.

Their #1 rival has had rotten luck so far this season. Cancellara's E3 was terrible, and due to even worse luck in RvV, he wasn't even in Paris-Roubaix. A little more luck for Cancellara and those "dominant" stats could look so different.

In the Vlaanderen win, Boonen followed someone else, and then had a huge headwind, ensuring it came down to a sprint against two guys he was clearly a better sprinter than.

Today, the big gap was made by Pozzato and Ballan bickering over who would follow, rather than just following. Sure, he stayed away, but the group behind really didn't do much at all.

I'm sure there is some dope involved (not necessarily more than other teams), but one has to also look at the wider picture.
Old 04-08-12, 16:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
If I understand correctly .Team doctor ibarguen worked for Lotto last year, was named in the Mantua-case and worked for Saunier Duval in the past year.

I mean... COME ON. Wow I wonder why all their riders ride faster than ****ing lightning.
Also explains Gilberts super year last year. Not to mention the Saunier Duval super duper trio of Cobo, Piepoli and Ricco
You know I always avoid the Clinic, but I was going to ask what more besides the sponsor OmegaPharma was the link between Lotto last year and Quickstep this year.
Btw isn't Omegapharma an pharmaceutical company? They shouldn't even consider those companies as possible sponsors in cycling
Old 04-08-12, 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruut View Post
In defence of OPQS;

They are the only top-level team pretty much dedicated to this part of the season.

Their #1 rival has had rotten luck so far this season. Cancellara's E3 was terrible, and due to even worse luck in RvV, he wasn't even in Paris-Roubaix. A little more luck for Cancellara and those "dominant" stats could look so different.
The other thing worth noting is Cancellara had no team to help him. That helped OPQS. But, as the list of wins by doctor shows, it's hard to argue there wasn't a doping angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruut View Post
....but the group behind really didn't do much at all.

I'm sure there is some dope involved (not necessarily more than other teams), but one has to also look at the wider picture.
No way. Sky was driving that chase with 4 guys(!) at one point and wasn't making a dent. When Boom went, it didn't make a dent. Boonen was unstoppable today.
Old 04-08-12, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
The other thing worth noting is Cancellara had no team to help him. That helped OPQS. But, as the list of wins by doctor shows, it's hard to argue there wasn't a doping angle.

No way. Sky was driving that chase with 4 guys(!) at one point and wasn't making a dent. When Boom went, it didn't make a dent. Boonen was unstoppable today.
Boom made a small dent. He took 10 seconds back pretty fast, but then he blew up
Old 04-08-12, 17:20

Man, this team is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs