Omqs - Page 4 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 04-08-12, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
OPQS have become the 'blue train' of 2012 and instead of the Tdf they are gonna take everything else and probably put Bottle on the podium of the TdF too for good measure. Boonen to take the green jersey if he rides the TdF.

Brailsford and the rest of the need new team doctors.

Pro cycling is once again advertising itself as a PED sport. Well done UCI!

You need to be blind or stupid to think Boonen and OPQS are doing this on evian.

Other sports are PED full too but apart from Tennis, which is so obvious and it will just take 1 big positive to make everyone say "oh yeah look at them they do looked doped to their gills, how did we not see it", cycling makes it so crystal clear to the fans.
You need to take a deep breath. Even with Ferrari, Ibarguen, a motorized bike and a bottle full of rocket fuel, ain't no way no how Levi's going to be on that podium.
Old 04-08-12, 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruut
The other thing worth noting is Cancellara had no team to help him. That helped OPQS. But, as the list of wins by doctor shows, it's hard to argue there wasn't a doping angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
No way. Sky was driving that chase with 4 guys(!) at one point and wasn't making a dent. When Boom went, it didn't make a dent. Boonen was unstoppable today.
Somebody responded that Boom made a 10 second dent - for about 10 seconds, yeah. Not a dent at all. Out of that party of 4, the Eurovision coverage made it look like 3 were working, and one was slowing down when he came to the front - but still they should have been able to make some time back.

Nope, I did not enjoy watching the end of this race. It made me sad. Sure, as others have said, Boonen was a natural to be at the front. But I've never seen Boonen naturally dominate an attack a la Merckx before. Cancellara I could believe this - Spartacus consistently give us performances like this. Boonen has not. If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't, right?

Too many factors that point the fickle finger. Lefevre tops among them. I'm just thinking they have found some new magic doping scheme that they think is undetectable.

Oh well, I really should be out riding instead of being a spectator, anyway.

Last edited by hiero2; 04-08-12 at 17:50. Reason: had to fix html quote tags
Old 04-08-12, 17:52

I have had this conversation with benotti and hrotha awhile back lol
Old 04-08-12, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
The other thing worth noting is Cancellara had no team to help him. That helped OPQS. But, as the list of wins by doctor shows, it's hard to argue there wasn't a doping angle.

No way. Sky was driving that chase with 4 guys(!) at one point and wasn't making a dent. When Boom went, it didn't make a dent. Boonen was unstoppable today.
I thought that my first bullet point effectively covered the team angle - OPQS are the only proper northern classics team at the moment.

Sky had 4 guys, but didn't use them that well. They each did long turns and then faded away, instead of actually trying to keep the pace up. Other strong riders were just sitting behind them not doing anything.

Boom put several seconds into him at first, but he'd raced back very quickly from a puncture. He lost a minute or two on the bunch, then came back pretty quickly, he must have been exhausted.
Old 04-08-12, 18:36

Location: This account has been quit by its creator since Sept 23, 2012.

If all QuickStep's wins were scored by virtue of a certain doctor who previously worked with Lotto then why did Gilbert choose BMC refusing a certain offer from the OPQS?
Old 04-08-12, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvinto View Post
If all QuickStep's wins were scored by virtue of a certain doctor who previously worked with Lotto then why did Gilbert choose BMC refusing a certain offer from the OPQS?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?
Old 04-08-12, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by happychappy View Post
Oh man, I seriously cannot wait to see Bottle in July. I'm not being sarcastic either, I hope they load him up so much he's taking off at the top of the mountains. It will be a reet laugh!
lol, yeah, that would be hilarious.
Old 04-08-12, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Ibarguren's wins in a span of 365 days:

Flèche brabançonne: Philippe Gilbert
Amstel Gold Race: Philippe Gilbert
Flèche wallonne: Philippe Gilbert
Liège-Bastogne-Liège: Philippe Gilbert
Gullegem kermess: Philippe Gilbert
Tour of Belgium + queen stage: Philippe Gilbert
Ster ZLN Tour + queen stage: Philippe Gilbert (even though he raced slower than Terpstra overall)
Stage at Tour of Belgium: André Greipel
Mountain stage at Giro d'Italia: Bart De Clercq
Stage at Dauphiné: Jurgen Van den Broeck
Belgian Championship RR: Philippe Gilbert
Hilly stage at Bore de France: Philippe Gilbert
Flat stage at Bore de France: Andre Greipel
Mountain stage at Bore de France: Jelle Vanendert
3 post-Bore criterium in the same week: Philippe Gilbert
Clasica San Sebastian: Philippe Gilbert
3 stages at Eneco Tour: Philippe Gilbert & Andre Greipel
Belgian Championship TT: Philippe Gilbert
Quebec GP: Philippe Gilbert
GP de Wallonie: Philippe Gilbert
Copenhagen 6-Days: Iljo Keisse
Czech Championship cyclocross: Zdenek Stybar
Middelkerke cyclocross: Zdenek Stybar
3 flat stages at the Tour of San Luis: Francesco Chicchi & Tom Boonen
Tour of San Luis (+TT & another stage): Levy Leipheimer
Tour of Qatar + 2 stages: Tom Boonen
Trofeo Palma: Andy Fenn
Trofeo Migjorn: Andy Fenn
Tour of Oman: Peter Velits
Stage at the Volta ao Algarve: Gerald Ciolek
Three-Days of West Flanders: Julien Vermote
2 stages at the Three Days of West Flanders: Francesco Chicchi & Michal Kwiatkowski
Stage at Paris-Nice: Tom Boonen
Nokere Koerse: Francesco Chicchi
Handzame Classic: Francesco Chicchi
ex-Dwars door België: Niki Terpstra
E3 Harelbeke: Tom Boonen
Ghent-Wevelgem: Tom Boonen
Three-Days of De Panne + TT: Sylvain Chavanel
Tour of Flanders: Tom Boonen
Paris-Roubaix Tom Boonen
Tom Boonen and Gilbert have shown in the past that they can win the big races. That means that if this doctor doped them they either doped before or if they didn't do it before the dope isn't that important since they then obviously don't need it to win. If you take them of the list which results are extraordinary?

I don't see something extraordinary in the # of wins, and apart from Vanenderts performances i don't see these other riders win one or two races in itsellf as something extraordinary. Although Terpstra's results (not the win, but him being this upfront in the major classics) surprised me.
Old 04-08-12, 19:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninho View Post
Tom Boonen and Gilbert have shown in the past that they can win the big races. That means that if this doctor doped them they either doped before or if they didn't do it before the dope isn't that important since they then obviously don't need it to win. If you take them of the list which results are extraordinary?

I don't see something extraordinary in the # of wins, and apart from Vanenderts performances i don't see these other riders win one or two races in itsellf as something extraordinary. Although Terpstra's results (not the win, but him being this upfront in the major classics) surprised me.
Yeah, Tom has always been able to TT 55km away from a pack chasing hard.

And Phil won everything he entered most seasons.

And OPQS are just having a standard start to the season, some riders in form, others out, all averaging out.
Old 04-08-12, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvinto View Post
I don't know, perhaps he prefers being filthy rich over dying from cancer or embolism? 3 years with 4 million euro's a year (or whatever he is making) is more than enough to live comfortable for one's entire life!