Paris-Roubaix 2012 - The Queen of the Classics (257.5km) - Page 136 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-10-12, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Roger is only being honest in demonstrating his arrogance. He comes accross like an old, bitter, uber retro grouch.

If Roger was more respectful of others and less of a tool, then others would be more respectful of him.
You have a point there. Like my sig...
Old 04-10-12, 13:59

I think de Vlaeminck is right. If any of the riders in the chase group had won on Sunday it would have been considered a surprise, the only slight exception being Ballan.
As for Boonen's amazing ride, you have to take into account for long periods it was Boonen Vs Stannard and then Boonen Vs Hayman, it's hardly any surprise that he stayed away.
Old 04-10-12, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
I think de Vlaeminck is right. If any of the riders in the chase group had won on Sunday it would have been considered a surprise, the only slight exception being Ballan.
As for Boonen's amazing ride, you have to take into account for long periods it was Boonen Vs Stannard and then Boonen Vs Hayman, it's hardly any surprise that he stayed away.
Certainly if Turgot had won it would have been a huge surprise, not so much for Ballan, Flecha or even Terpstra and Boom.
Old 04-11-12, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwssonic View Post
I think the best ballan could get was a podium even if he stayed with Boonen, which he got in the end.
But he would have had a shot on the win had he not played the tactical game with Pozatto. Those two really ruined it for each other. Had they with Booned, which they were able to at the time, it could have been a whole other race and the last 50km would have been way more interesting. If only Boonen had dropped them due to pure strength, but it ****es me off that they let them selve get distances cos they played tactical games with eachother. As said: typical Italian.
Old 04-11-12, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
For a sprinter to do a 53km solo, it definitely is more impressive. It's like Cancellara beating Cavendish in a Tour sprint.
He will this year ( after crashing out of the Classics- he will do something to show a dominant Fabu display ), mark my words.

He will also crush the Olympic ITT.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 04-11-12, 08:53

Current days

Years ago

Is Thor fat???
Old 04-11-12, 09:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post

Is Thor fat???
Can't really compare the two pics. Different clothes, different time of year, different situations. Same groupset though. Surprised that DA 7900 has been there for 4 years already.
Old 04-11-12, 09:08

Quote:

Is Thor fat???
Thor isn't fat, but his bank account is loaded and there are more money coming over the next 3 years regardless of results. Thor made a very good deal with BMC. A bit like modern day bankers.
Old 04-11-12, 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Can't really compare the two pics. Different clothes, different time of year, different situations. Same groupset though. Surprised that DA 7900 has been there for 4 years already.
His legs seems less sharp and don't think is the winter clothes.
Old 04-11-12, 09:31

Quote:
His legs seems less sharp and don't think is the winter clothes.
Maybe. Kind of hard to tell imo.

But I'd expect his legs to look more sharp when he's sprinting at the end of a Tour stage than when he's just cruising...