Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-04-12, 01:48

Default TV coverage in the US

Are there any options for watching pro cycling in the US except for NBC ?
Pay per view?
Streaming over the internet?
Old 04-04-12, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainerider View Post
Pay per view?
Hi Mainerider.
There is internet info on steephill.tv and cyclingfans.com listing feeds and times for most major races. In my experience sporza is great for classics etc and I get great feed from Gazzetta for the Giro and rai does Italian races and other....

Eurosport is English commentary but does not always show here , most times it will though.

There is a thread here already I think in this thread about Universal Sports...and options
Old 04-04-12, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainerider View Post
Pay per view?
See this thread: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=16079

The other option is Universal Spoerts either on DirecTV or on-line. But it seems they are redoing their website and I cannot get to my library

It better be back for tomorrows big stage in the Basque Country or I'll be royally ****ed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Travis you're my Hero!

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."
Old 04-04-12, 02:41

Ah Carols you beat me to it....was just going to post the link...thanks!
Old 04-04-12, 02:42

Sre you able to get in US mewmew?

Travis you're my Hero!

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."
Old 04-04-12, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Sre you able to get in US mewmew?
yes, we signed up for the spring package. It's been great. I still watch my live feeds from Europe in the mornings for the races to see the finish, but then I can watch more later at my leisure and races or stages that I choose.

AND I get to see the Giro. Although I really like to watch Gazzetta feed if I can

To clarify...we don't have Universal available on our DirecTv but online...and we plug the laptop into our hd tv screen sometimes.
Old 04-04-12, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post
yes, we signed up for the spring package. It's been great. I still watch my live feeds from Europe in the mornings for the races to see the finish, but then I can watch more later at my leisure and races or stages that I choose.

AND I get to see the Giro. Although I really like to watch Gazzetta feed if I can

To clarify...we don't have Universal available on our DirecTv but online...and we plug the laptop into our hd tv screen sometimes.
No I mean right now....I can't get to it. Wanted to watch today's stage of Basque and I have no Library

Travis you're my Hero!

Old 04-04-12, 23:30

Still doesn't work. Tomorrow I'll be available to watch live streams so will settle for Spanish feed if it still isn't working.

Received this today after 4 increasingly nasty emails to Customer Support in the last 2 days:

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your inquiry!

At this time Universal Sports is currently in the process of solving all issues regarding all website changes. We sincerely apologize for any inconveinence that this may have caused you. Please allow us some time to resolve any current and future issues. If you paid for any events, and would rather have us refund your money, we are able to do so after a full investigation of your purchase.

Again we apologize, and if you can just be patient with us, we can assure you the best experience with Universal Sports.

Thank You,
Universal Sports Customer Support

At this point I can hardly recommend you spend money on Universal Sports on-line package

Travis you're my Hero!

Old 04-05-12, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Still doesn't work. Tomorrow I'll be available to watch live streams so will settle for Spanish feed if it still isn't working.

Received this today after 4 increasingly nasty emails to Customer Support in the last 2 days:

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your inquiry!

At this time Universal Sports is currently in the process of solving all issues regarding all website changes. We sincerely apologize for any inconveinence that this may have caused you. Please allow us some time to resolve any current and future issues. If you paid for any events, and would rather have us refund your money, we are able to do so after a full investigation of your purchase.

Again we apologize, and if you can just be patient with us, we can assure you the best experience with Universal Sports.

Thank You,
Universal Sports Customer Support

At this point I can hardly recommend you spend money on Universal Sports on-line package
oh gosh. I was using sporza and didn't have a chance to look at US! will do . THAT is a drag. They had better get their stuff together before the Giro.

..and after all that hype.
Old 04-05-12, 15:43

Well US live streaming is working, got to see today's stage on my TV via HDMI cable with Gogo and Steve

Still no Library but they are working on it I hope.....

Travis you're my Hero!