TV coverage in the US - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-20-12, 14:04

From the posts above and my own poking about universal sports website things don't look very positive.

The problem for American viewers is watching live streams at work is a risky proposition. Without a guarantee of recorded coverage, I don't see the point of purchasing the Giro package.

The Universal Sport web pages is seriously lacking in information need to make any kind of purchasing decision.
Old 04-20-12, 14:20
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Bala Verde Send a message via Skype™ to Bala Verde

Seems like someone had the brilliant idea to redesign the website during the cycling season. That probably wasn't the person with a lot of IT experience, or with the passion for cycling.

Perhaps they want to have it ready before the Olympics, which attracts more visitors anyway.

Too bad they'll lose a bunch of customers because of this.
Old 05-04-12, 03:12

It appears the problem is more or less fixed now. I've got the package and I can now go back and watch the full stages from the Tour of the Basque Country and the Giro is in the upcoming section.

For me at least, it appears to be crisis averted.
Old 05-05-12, 01:50

They even have a schedule up In a bit under 24 hours we'll either be watching the Giro or Cursing Universal Sports....hopefully watching LOL.

You can only watch the Basque stages After the cutover and none of the races prior to the cutover that used to be in the 'Library'...races I paid for

Still NOT happy with them and will try to find some other solution for the Vuelta as I don't want to give them another dime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 05-05-12, 01:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
They even have a schedule up In a bit under 24 hours we'll either be watching the Giro or Cursing Universal Sports....hopefully watching LOL.

You can only watch the Basque stages After the cutover and none of the races prior to the cutover that used to be in the 'Library'...races I paid for

Still NOT happy with them and will try to find some other solution for the Vuelta as I don't want to give them another dime.
I am going to badger them until I get a refund for their untruths in advertising. How dare they take away spring classics.
Old 05-05-12, 02:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post
I am going to badger them until I get a refund for their untruths in advertising. How dare they take away spring classics.
How are you badgering them???? I've written 3 times asking for a refund and never received a single reply....

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 05-05-12, 02:28

Quote:
How are you badgering them???? I've written 3 times asking for a refund and never received a single reply....
I won't give up!
There must be a ***** in their armor...and they do not want negative publicity.

Maybe Gogo can be of assistance
Old 05-05-12, 02:35

Quote:
check twitter @universalsports
Old 05-05-12, 12:52

Default Universal and Direct TV

First I apologize for NOT reading all the posts before this.

Wife and I tried to sign up for the Universal / Direct TV Giro package ($20). Not successful. So I said call Direct TV, there's an 800#. She called. Talking Giro to a Direct TV rep is not easy. ANYWAY The good news.

Direct rep said they have a Universal special promo on now. You can get up to three (3) months of Universal Sports for $8 per month, AND you can cencel whenever you you want. So we signed up, and voila! Instant Giro coverage for the month of May for less than $8. (Plus there's the added bonus of all the other stuff, like Beach Volley Ball. Who the heck thought up those "uniforms?!)

We just watched the replay coverage of Track Championships in Melbourne too.

Happy so far.

Last edited by rickshaw; 05-05-12 at 12:55.
Old 05-05-12, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickshaw View Post
First I apologize for NOT reading all the posts before this.

Wife and I tried to sign up for the Universal / Direct TV Giro package ($20). Not successful. So I said call Direct TV, there's an 800#. She called. Talking Giro to a Direct TV rep is not easy. ANYWAY The good news.

Direct rep said they have a Universal special promo on now. You can get up to three (3) months of Universal Sports for $8 per month, AND you can cencel whenever you you want. So we signed up, and voila! Instant Giro coverage for the month of May for less than $8. (Plus there's the added bonus of all the other stuff, like Beach Volley Ball. Who the heck thought up those "uniforms?!)

We just watched the replay coverage of Track Championships in Melbourne too.

Happy so far.
Glad you were able to get it on your TV. Their web coverage of the Giro on the other hand, is not working for me. I paid $30 for the "spring cycling package" that was supposed to include the Giro. Now, with the prologue streaming live, I can only see a 1:30 long "preview" and it wants me to pay $20 to watch the Giro. I ALREADY PAID FOR THIS!

I'm certainly going to be demanding a refund repeatedly as mentioned above if they don't fix this by, say, Monday.