Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-06-12, 17:47
Banned

Nonetheless, Kreuziger hasn't had the seasons that would be a step back so far, in terms of his GT perfomances at least. Yes, he lost his touch in TT partially, but the basis level is still very high. Hehe, how many guys out of the superelite are rated objectively then, if Nibali and Kreuziger are overrated?
Old 04-06-12, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Nonetheless, Kreuziger hasn't had the seasons that would be a step back so far, in terms of his GT perfomances at least. Yes, he lost his touch in TT partially, but the basis level is still very high. Hehe, how many guys out of the superelite are rated objectively then, if Nibali and Kreuziger are overrated?
I would say Kreuzigers pure talent is overrated, he has not worsened, but he hasn't exactly become better either over the last 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZnoGouD View Post
Nibali will make one of his useless attacks
Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 04-06-12, 17:53

Vino better not fall out of favor with the Kazakhstan ruler or it's curtains for the vanity project.

They better fix Kascheckin or find some new talent fast or Vinokourov will have to do a Horner. Otherwise I don't see a reason why Kazakh companies would sponsor a team with local riders being helpers.
Old 04-06-12, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
Vino better not fall out of favor with the Kazakhstan ruler or it's curtains for the vanity project.

They better fix Kascheckin or find some new talent fast or Vinokourov will have to do a Horner. Otherwise I don't see a reason why Kazakh companies would sponsor a team with local riders being helpers.
An overweight Kazakh with a waaay to high salary, and with a bad relationship with Vino?

Quote:
Old 04-06-12, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
An overweight Kazakh with a waaay to high salary, and with a bad relationship with Vino?
my last hope about kash will be le tour de france 2012.man, he looked so drained out of energies in the first races you could swear his name is andy schleck.just like a blind fanboy who won't accept the facts,i think kash will rise up in the month of july like an angel.if not,it's over.let him party in monte carlo and that's it.

vino-he will find the form in turkey,i'm absolutely sure.he's a god,in may he will take two stages in il giro and in july,he will attack a little bit.

brajkovic-i have no idea what can he do.probably nothing big again...

kiserlovski is the future though,great rider.

Vino 4ever

"Primo Fausto Coppi. In attesa degli altri corridori, trasmettiamo musica da ballo".

"Ecco che scatta Pantani! Scatto di Pantani!!!

"-Che grinta che ha Danilo!
-E' un grande veramente..."
Old 04-06-12, 18:31

I like Maxim Iglinsky very much, he is no Vino, but he is quite good on all terrains. I also like Andrey Zeits. He can develop into beeing a good climber. As jens_attacks say's about Kash, he could do a top 10 in the tour. Simply because it's what motivates him, it's his objective.

Kiserlovski is a rising star that will only get better and better. I had high hopes for Brajkovic after the 06 Vuelta, but in my opinion even with a great team around him, he will not do a great tour. I dont think he can be at his best for 3 weeks.

Also have high hopes for Silin, he have been promising in the U23 races before. And he will devlop to be a good rider. I also have hopes for Nepomnyachshiy after the U23 in Mendrisio.

And last, Vino. He can snatch a stage in either the Tour or Giro. He just keeps getting better and better after the injury, hope he will do good in Turkey.

But. Astana is a interesting team that i will follow for many years to come.

Lost a 1 year avatar bet with Ryo, had a Rujano avatar from 29/05/12 - 29/05/13
Old 04-06-12, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
my last hope about kash will be le tour de france 2012.man, he looked so drained out of energies in the first races you could swear his name is andy schleck.just like a blind fanboy who won't accept the facts,i think kash will rise up in the month of july like an angel.if not,it's over.let him party in monte carlo and that's it.

vino-he will find the form in turkey,i'm absolutely sure.he's a god,in may he will take two stages in il giro and in july,he will attack a little bit.

brajkovic-i have no idea what can he do.probably nothing big again...

kiserlovski is the future though,great rider.
In July we will see Vino in yellow, I don not accept enything else. That man can NOT end his career without wearing yellow for atleast 1 day.

Quote:
Old 04-06-12, 18:38
Banned

Zeits and Dyachenko are considered the most talented. I have a bit of faith in Zeits. He could become like the second Iglinskiy at least. I don't think the authorities will stop sponsoring it in the near future. Kazakhstan need some sport representation on the world stage. They've got only a little slice of hockey and CYCLING. In this respect, their enthusiasm is inexhaustible no matter who rides for them.

Last edited by airstream; 04-06-12 at 18:41.
Old 04-06-12, 18:58

Weren't people talking about Nibali to Astana like it were a done deal? There's the big leader.

Liquigas can just become the Sagan show
Old 04-06-12, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Zeits and Dyachenko are considered the most talented. I have a bit of faith in Zeits. He could become like the second Iglinskiy at least. I don't think the authorities will stop sponsoring it in the near future. Kazakhstan need some sport representation on the world stage. They've got only a little slice of hockey and CYCLING. In this respect, their enthusiasm is inexhaustible no matter who rides for them.

(OK, so that was an unexpected result, and one that is regarded as pretty suspicious, but nonetheless)

Forever tte de la course.