47th Amstel Gold Race (The maze) - Sunday April 15, 2012 - Page 14 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 04-12-12, 14:46
Gloin22 Gloin22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudz0r View Post
Samuel Sanchez will start in the AGR after all.
Hell YEAH !

Hope he doesnt take it easy and rides for at least Win or Top 10 :P Have him in my velogames
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-12-12, 14:47
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Hell YEAH !

Hope he doesnt take it easy and rides for at least Win or Top 10 :P Have him in my velogames
Sanchez is usually not that great in Amstel... no idea why, but he's never quite up there.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-12-12, 14:51
Gloin22 Gloin22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Sanchez is usually not that great in Amstel... no idea why, but he's never quite up there.
Yeah, noticed it by the results. That's why I'd hope he could get a Top 10 and then prepare for FW and LBL where he definitely stands a chance for the win in that form he has. We'l guess soon. Looking forward to it though
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-12-12, 14:52
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Sanchez is usually not that great in Amstel... no idea why, but he's never quite up there.
because the climbs are way too short for him. he isn't overly explosive
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-12-12, 14:53
barmaher barmaher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 563
Default

I don't have a clue who is going to win. I know for certain that Westra will come second, however.

Seriously, I think the order will be as follows:

Sagan
Gerrans
J-Rod
Purito
Sammy
Voeckler
Poels
Voeckler
Frandy
Someone from Rabo
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-12-12, 14:54
Fetisoff Fetisoff is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmaher View Post
I don't have a clue who is going to win. I know for certain that Westra will come second, however.

Seriously, I think the order will be as follows:

Sagan
Gerrans
J-Rod
Purito
Sammy
Voeckler
Poels
Voeckler
Frandy
Someone from Rabo

I'm sure Purito would gladly trade his 3rd and 4th places for 1st
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-12-12, 14:59
liamito liamito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Yeah, noticed it by the results. That's why I'd hope he could get a Top 10 and then prepare for FW and LBL where he definitely stands a chance for the win in that form he has. We'l guess soon. Looking forward to it though
There are rumours Sanchez will only ride Amstel because of the Worlds. I hope he will get a very good result so it would be ridiculous not to ride Fleche and/or Liege.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-12-12, 15:04
Maaaaaaaarten's Avatar
Maaaaaaaarten Maaaaaaaarten is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,731
Default

All I'm hoping for is that Vacansoleil can make up for the rabofail we've had all these years. Hopefully Poels can get second behind Rodriguez like in the Vuelta (or beat him)

Not sure if Poels is fit for long hard classics though, guess he'll show us these weeks in the Ardennes if he is fit for classics. Still, as a Dutchman, I've placed my hope firmly on Vacansoleil, rather then rabobank.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-12-12, 15:06
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
becaus eunless I'm mistaken, which I think not he's never actaully even finished a classic race, expect lombardia 25th last year
In 2009, his first year in movistar and only 22 years old he raced all five monuments and finished them all except liege where he was already in no form at all because of the extremely heavy schedule he had for the first part of the season.

his best result was in the GDL where he finished, 26th 1:15 down on gilbert.
25 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Quick Step 0:01:15
26 Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (Por) Caisse d'Epargne

last year his first 3 races of the season where the ardennes and he finished all 3 outside the time limit because of obvious lack of form. I think even you agree that there was no way he could be in decent shape at that time, don't you?

anyway your argument that he never finished a classic could be more wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-12-12, 15:12
Azabael's Avatar
Azabael Azabael is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
In 2009, his first year in movistar and only 22 years old he raced all five monuments and finished them all except liege where he was already in no form at all because of the extremely heavy schedule he had for the first part of the season.

his best result was in the GDL where he finished, 26th 1:15 down on gilbert.
25 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Quick Step 0:01:15
26 Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (Por) Caisse d'Epargne

last year his first 3 races of the season where the ardennes and he finished all 3 outside the time limit because of obvious lack of form. I think even you agree that there was no way he could be in decent shape at that time, don't you?

anyway your argument that he never finished a classic could be more wrong.
Conclusion, you cannot complain that people don't see him as a favorite, becasue he hasn't shown it yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.