Nibali discussion thread - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 05-06-12, 17:37

Between Astana and BMC - Astana will have better support - Kiserlovski, Masciarelli (where is he), Tiralongo, etc., Kreuziger probably will be in OPQS next year (LL is 38?).

OGRE, Saxo also need a GC contender (with points).

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
I don't see Evans holding it out much longer to be honest.
I want to see Evans hold it out long enough for Contador to beat him in the 2013 TDF tt
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Not necessarily he can only race Giro and Vuelta? This summer we will have a direct comparison between him and Evans in the tour

Plus winning Giro seems always a big objective for Nibali, before he can achieve that I think he is OK with not riding Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I would love to see him go to BMC (because it is one of my favorite teams), but with all the big name riders already on that squad I doubt he would go there. Not enough opportunity, he would have to compete against Gilbert and Evans for lead in the classics, and in grand tours he would only be able to go for the win in the giro and vuelta.

Astana would be the wise choice, in grand tours they don't have anyone that can seriously contend for GC, but they have plenty of guys who could support him in his GC hopes.
Old 05-06-12, 17:41

saxo no money, ogre probably want a Aussie GT rider maybe evans retirement team
Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Between Astana and BMC - Astana will have better support - Kiserlovski, Masciarelli (where is he), Tiralongo, etc., Kreuziger probably will be in OPQS next year (LL is 38?).

OGRE, Saxo also need a GC contender (with points).
Old 05-06-12, 17:59
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmartin View Post
Not necessarily he can only race Giro and Vuelta? This summer we will have a direct comparison between him and Evans in the tour

Plus winning Giro seems always a big objective for Nibali, before he can achieve that I think he is OK with not riding Tour
Until Evans retires or leaves the team (which I doubt he will do) he will probably be the leader at the tour meaning Nibali would have to foucus on the Giro or Vuelta. Nothing wrong with foucusing on the giro or vuelta but if Nibali did want to win the tour, and if that was a goal of his, he would have to compete with Evans for leadership.
Old 05-06-12, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmartin View Post
That money is the root of all evil.
Nibali at Buy More Cyclists would be the pits.
Old 05-06-12, 18:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Until Evans retires or leaves the team (which I doubt he will do) he will probably be the leader at the tour meaning Nibali would have to foucus on the Giro or Vuelta. Nothing wrong with foucusing on the giro or vuelta but if Nibali did want to win the tour, and if that was a goal of his, he would have to compete with Evans for leadership.
why would evans remain the team leader for the tour even after he starts his decline as a rider? that doesn't make any sense

i hope he doesn't go to BMC tho.
Old 05-06-12, 18:18

With 2.5 million euros offered we can exclude a couple of contenders for his signature that's for sure...
Old 05-06-12, 18:36

If he goes to Astana, imagine him meeting Iglinsky at camp...

Kinda awkward.
Old 05-06-12, 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgqgxnyfz View Post
If he goes to Astana, imagine him meeting Iglinsky at camp...

Kinda awkward.
meh, awkward part will be when Kiserlovski crush him in the mountians so hard that nibbles suddenly find himself as a domestique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs