Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 355 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3541  
Old 11-03-12, 17:24
Red Rick's Avatar
Red Rick Red Rick is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,440
Default

I'm wondering if there's any chance Contador will be nominated for the Laureus Comeback of the year award.
__________________
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Reply With Quote
  #3542  
Old 11-03-12, 19:33
RedheadDane's Avatar
RedheadDane RedheadDane is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)
Posts: 3,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Shows the irrationality of supporting a team just because its manager and sponsor are from a certain country. Especially when the team's leaders have always been foreigners.
Which of course is why I just support everybody!
__________________
Quote:
In Italy when you need a coffee you need the right barista, so you need to teach Chris [Juul Jensen] how to make the right coffee.
Lars Michaelsen during the Tinkoff-Saxo team briefing before stage 11 of the 2014 Giro d'Italia.
Reply With Quote
  #3543  
Old 11-03-12, 20:13
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick View Post
I'm wondering if there's any chance Contador will be nominated for the Laureus Comeback of the year award.
Of course not, he got banned for doping
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #3544  
Old 11-03-12, 20:14
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadDane View Post
Which of course is why I just support everybody!
I support Alberto and the team Alberto is on and Alberto's friends and Alberto and Spaniards and Eyetalians and some random guys and Alberto.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #3545  
Old 11-03-12, 20:23
RedheadDane's Avatar
RedheadDane RedheadDane is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)
Posts: 3,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
I support Alberto and the team Alberto is on and Alberto's friends and Alberto and Spaniards and Eyetalians and some random guys and Alberto.
Well... it's a well known fact that you're a little crazy!
__________________
Quote:
In Italy when you need a coffee you need the right barista, so you need to teach Chris [Juul Jensen] how to make the right coffee.
Lars Michaelsen during the Tinkoff-Saxo team briefing before stage 11 of the 2014 Giro d'Italia.
Reply With Quote
  #3546  
Old 11-04-12, 10:03
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,478
Default

__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #3547  
Old 11-06-12, 19:04
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,478
Default

Quote:
Considering next year's Tour, Millar offers an intriguing insight. "I don't think anyone can beat Contador. He's just so good. But Chris Froome is the only guy Contador is scared of. I've spoken to Contador about it and that's good because he's never been scared of anyone. He watched Chris climb at the Tour and you saw how hard Contador raced from the start at the Vuelta [Tour of Spain]. He was racing to get rid of Chris because he was scared of him. That's going to make it a great race.
From David Millar interview
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #3548  
Old 11-06-12, 20:23
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
From David Millar interview
He's one of the people who truly understand Contador's greatness

He's btw completely right. Contador was for example never scared of AS.

Froome is different, and if Contador would have lost the vuelta it would because of Froome. He was paying too much attention on Froome.

In all honesty if Contador is 100% it's all futile, no one can do anything.

And all who disagree don't know **** of cycling, at least that's what i think. But ok we haven't seen Froome going really all out so i'll give Froome a chance.

Rest should pull out a Wiggins, and ride the giro
Reply With Quote
  #3549  
Old 11-06-12, 21:57
ferryman's Avatar
ferryman ferryman is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LostinFife
Posts: 2,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
He's one of the people who truly understand Contador's greatness

He's btw completely right. Contador was for example never scared of AS.

Froome is different, and if Contador would have lost the vuelta it would because of Froome. He was paying too much attention on Froome.

In all honesty if Contador is 100% it's all futile, no one can do anything.

And all who disagree don't know **** of cycling, at least that's what i think. But ok we haven't seen Froome going really all out so i'll give Froome a chance.

Rest should pull out a Wiggins, and ride the giro
1) Contador paid a BIT of attention to Froome in the Vuelta and crushed him uphill andput him in his place in the ITT;

2) Agreed, 100% Contador, game over;

3) The only rider out there on form that scares Contador is Andy Schleck. Anyone who gives Froome a chance with an in form Contador and Schleck, is basing this on what??
Reply With Quote
  #3550  
Old 11-06-12, 21:59
Vino attacks everyone's Avatar
Vino attacks everyone Vino attacks everyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
1) Contador paid a BIT of attention to Froome in the Vuelta and crushed him uphill andput him in his place in the ITT;

2) Agreed, 100% Contador, game over;

3) The only rider out there on form that scares Contador is Andy Schleck. Anyone who gives Froome a chance with an in form Contador and Schleck, is basing this on what??
How Froome crushed VDB in the tour this year ofc
__________________
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.