Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 377 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-30-12, 10:54

I don't see how anyone can criticise Contador's performance in the 2011 Tour. He won many fans on that day to Alpe d'Huez, myself included. That was as courageous a move as I've seen in a Grand Tour, up there with Floyd in 2006. He attacked whenever he could, I seem to recall him having a go on downhill finishes when the Schleck's held back and lost time.
Old 11-30-12, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
This is the Alberto family

Hitch
Angliru
Parrulo
Publicus
Red Rick
Carols
peloton

The Hitch:
“There is no such thing as Evans fans or Schleck fans or whatever.

In this day and age there are only 2 types of cycling fans.

Those who like Contador, and those who don't. “

The Hitch:
Gang. Pfff. Dont insult The Great One.

Contador isn't a gang.

Its a family “

And me of course and sacrifice&hardwork and you
how can you forget the biggest fan of Contador in Brazil?! Put me in this list!!
Old 11-30-12, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick View Post
He's not gonna quit while he can still make suicidal 90km attacks for fun
+1 I hope he never stops that. For me, it is not just him out climbing everyone else, it is him doing some of the crazy, totally unexpected moves that make me smile. His love for cycling and the competitiion is obvious and is one of the things that make him the best.
Old 11-30-12, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post

2. In 2011 Contador was the one who made the Giro a good race, and even fatigued from the Giro he still played a big roll in making the Tour a good race. Alpe du Huez wasn't the only place he attacked . As for 2012 he was the one who made the Vuelta good, without him it would have just been Purito and Valverde waiting until the final couple hundred meters and then sprinting. And do you really believe the tour was good without Contador? It was the most boring tour we have seen in a long time, because there was no one that could attack Sky.

3. Contador doesn't need the Tour, see 2008.
so no one could attack Contador in 2011 Giro=good race
no one could attack the SKY(TDF2012) and it was boring?
if Contador goes to to 2013 Tour, and will dominate, and win over 6 minutes, its a good race?

Contador needs the Tour, ASO does not needs Contador
Tour de France: 100 years
Contador: 3 finished Tour, 2 'banned' Tour
When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-30-12, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca and me View Post
if Contador goes to to 2013 Tour, and will dominate, and win over 6 minutes, its a good race?

1.Of course 2011 was better,are you blind or something?Or do you like Tour de Bore more than when one riders attack multiple times,giving victories,animates the race(wiggins didnt animate,Sky did)?
If he win by 6 minute,of course it will be good race,its a simple answer in his fans thread

2.Contador needs the Tour, ASO does not needs Contador?...hahah,this is 'no comment',you are hillarious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-30-12, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
1.Of course 2011 was better,are you blind or something?Or do you like Tour de Bore more than when one riders attack multiple times,giving victories,animates the race(wiggins didnt animate,Sky did)?
If he win by 6 minute,of course it will be good race,its a simple answer in his fans thread

2.Contador needs the Tour, ASO does not needs Contador?...hahah,this is 'no comment',you are hillarious
its:
"From 1.1.2013 Real fan of Alberto Contador Velasco"

more than enough for me, thx your time
When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-30-12, 14:21

Quote:
its:
"From 1.1.2013 Real fan of Alberto Contador Velasco"

more than enough for me, thx your time
I have enough time dont worry ...what do you dont like about it?The term 'real fan' is -for me- that the person like the cyclist most.I admired Vino and I was his 'real fan',but he isnt racing anymore so from new season Im real fan(that means he is my no.1 favourite cyclist of the peloton) of Contador.Please make statements to things about which you know something
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-30-12, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by virandociclista View Post
how can you forget the biggest fan of Contador in Brazil?! Put me in this list!!

Yep you definitely deserve to.be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiAp1984 View Post
1. The ASO is absolutely right. Actually they are even not strict enough. They should just say "whether we invite Saxo or not, AC will not start at our race". They run a huge risk that the 100th edition will turn out like the 2010 edition in case AC manages to arrive in Paris first (ain a way like he did in the past).

2. The races in 2011 (irony intended) and 2012 were great without him as well (except for his nice third (or fourth?) place in Alp d'Huez 2011 maybe...).

3. Most importantly: The Tour does not need Contador. Contador needs the Tour. 90% of cycling followers (not fans) focus on the Tour. Sponsors know that as well... I do not say that those followers are right (I prefer the Vuelta over the Tour personally), but that's the way it is.

4. At the end of the day, of course, Saxo will get an invitation and AC will ride the Tour. It s*cks, but what could you do...
10 bucks says this is the same person behind the airstream account.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-30-12, 15:22
Administrator

Quote:

Yeah, 2011 Giro was good because Contador did actually attack, even when he didn't need to. 2012 Tour was boring because Sky just pacelined up every mountain (not making any real attacks) and no one could attack them. There was no excitement or mountain battle in the tour, the 2011 Giro had this in abundance.

As for your second point, see Contador's 2008 season, he doesn't need to win the tour to show himself to be a great cyclist. And he's not obsessed with the tour like other guys (like Gesink for example), he has said the Giro is one of his most favorite races.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 11-30-12, 15:26
Banned

One should make up some authentic signature. Something like 'everyone who doesn't like Contador is an enemy of cycling and doesn't understand anything in it'.