Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 381 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3801  
Old 11-30-12, 20:04
Le Baroudeur Le Baroudeur is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Quadrofoglio d'Oro, no idea what it is, a twitter peep said it was some prize for cyclists who've made a mark in the sport

Alberto looks fit to me
I believe it's a human achievement award from La Cooperativa Sociale QUADRIFOGLIO and relates to him accomplishing the Triple Crown of having won all of the three grand tours.
Reply With Quote
  #3802  
Old 11-30-12, 20:04
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
my opinion is that saxo will get invited.
but sadly you are right, we're talking about aso here. they've let USPS slaughtering the field but didn't invite poor marco with his mercatone in what could have been little bit of happines in his already devastated heart.
Pantani was on the decline in 2003 and couldn't frighten Lance iirc. But the key point is absolute french ASO priority. But again somehow I think Contador will move to Movistar if Saxo doesn't get license.
Reply With Quote
  #3803  
Old 11-30-12, 20:25
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
You were a nibali fan back when he was a boring overrated wheelsucker who's annual season aim was top 10 in the tour. Yep really something to be proud of
silly hitching thinking about 2009 2008 was the year, with nibali being on a lot of breaks on both the giro and the tour and still finishing top 20 on both at the tender age of 22/23. 09 tour was just a confirmation of the talent and 2010 was the year he established himself as a top guy instead of a talented kid.
Reply With Quote
  #3804  
Old 11-30-12, 20:39
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Pantani was on the decline in 2003 and couldn't frighten Lance iirc. But the key point is absolute french ASO priority. But again somehow I think Contador will move to Movistar if Saxo doesn't get license.
lol funny man
Reply With Quote
  #3805  
Old 11-30-12, 20:47
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,351
Default

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/race...o-mpcc-members

Guess that means no Saxo then And also no Alberto at the worlds, wow next year is gonna be great This MPCC is ruining everything
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #3806  
Old 11-30-12, 20:50
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
silly hitching thinking about 2009 2008 was the year, with nibali being on a lot of breaks on both the giro and the tour and still finishing top 20 on both at the tender age of 22/23. 09 tour was just a confirmation of the talent and 2010 was the year he established himself as a top guy instead of a talented kid.
+1

He also showed himself off at the Olympics. Really like(d) him, but it is much harder when Cineteq talks about him..
__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Landis
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #3807  
Old 11-30-12, 21:05
jens_attacks's Avatar
jens_attacks jens_attacks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/race...o-mpcc-members

Guess that means no Saxo then And also no Alberto at the worlds, wow next year is gonna be great This MPCC is ruining everything
well it's simple, everyone needs to adhere there now. hopefully bjarne too
the idiots want to ruin what is left of pro cycling no doubt. yep bring shiity teams, i really want to watch those for 5 hours in the front of tv, fools

they still don't get it that no matter what they do,the image in the eyes of the public will never ever be erased. that's why i think this could have been the perfect moment to say stop and renounce for good at the witch hunting
Reply With Quote
  #3808  
Old 11-30-12, 21:08
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
lol funny man
what the hell are you doing here, if you are the smartest and know everything?
Reply With Quote
  #3809  
Old 11-30-12, 21:18
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
well it's simple, everyone needs to adhere there now. hopefully bjarne too
the idiots want to ruin what is left of pro cycling no doubt. yep bring shiity teams, i really want to watch those for 5 hours in the front of tv, fools

they still don't get it that no matter what they do,the image in the eyes of the public will never ever be erased. that's why i think this could have been the perfect moment to say stop and renounce for good at the witch hunting
Exactly, you know what you are talking about
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #3810  
Old 12-01-12, 03:06
Dedelou's Avatar
Dedelou Dedelou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jamaica, New York, USA
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Do you also want to be in the family?
I was born into it way back when...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.