Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4151  
Old 12-12-12, 16:52
RHRH19861986 RHRH19861986 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany, Europe
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He has a chance in any 1 day race race that is hilly and of moderate to hard level difficulty.

Which is like 30% not 1%.
I think you´re right. If he would focus on LBL one day, he´d win it almost 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #4152  
Old 12-12-12, 16:53
Forunculo's Avatar
Forunculo Forunculo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Now that Armstrong´s seven victories are deleted, i think Contador could try to go for six. I think he will skip Vuelta and Giro in most of his remaining years.
Bad thing then, I agree 2013 the Tour should be his main goal, but in 2014 he should do Giro for example
__________________
Supporting Nibali this Giro 2013. Andiamo Vincenzo
Supporting Contador this Tour 2013. Vamos Alberto
Reply With Quote
  #4153  
Old 12-12-12, 16:53
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He has a chance in any 1 day race race that is hilly and of moderate to hard level difficulty.

Which is like 30% not 1%.
I figure if Andy and Frank can win one of races in Ardennes week so can Contador, if he puts his mind to it.
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
Reply With Quote
  #4154  
Old 12-12-12, 16:55
Forunculo's Avatar
Forunculo Forunculo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
I figure if Andy and Frank can win one of races in Ardennes week so can Contador, if he puts his mind to it.
Schlecks should have better chance if they play the right tactics (Not 2011)
__________________
Supporting Nibali this Giro 2013. Andiamo Vincenzo
Supporting Contador this Tour 2013. Vamos Alberto
Reply With Quote
  #4155  
Old 12-12-12, 16:55
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Why couldnt he ****ing have said it a year ago. The whole reason ive hated Wiggins this whole time and why ive had a very painful 2012 season is because of derrogatory comments he made about Contador last year
Fear will sometimes make you bare your soul.
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
Reply With Quote
  #4156  
Old 12-12-12, 17:53
pdluz7's Avatar
pdluz7 pdluz7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
simply wishful thinking by wiggins. he's dead scared of him and this shows it. for the sake of hating wigo alone I want contador to do the giro
I want too, but 100 tour.
Reply With Quote
  #4157  
Old 12-12-12, 17:55
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He has a chance in any 1 day race race that is hilly and of moderate to hard level difficulty.

Which is like 30% not 1%.
He has a chance if he really tries but he doesn't
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #4158  
Old 12-12-12, 17:57
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Now that Armstrong´s seven victories are deleted, i think Contador could try to go for six. I think he will skip Vuelta and Giro in most of his remaining years.
6 are you crazy?!?!! If he is extremely lucky he can get 5, I personally think he will get 4.

If he wins next year it will be his 3rd but it could've been his 7th had everything gone as planned
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #4159  
Old 12-12-12, 17:58
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
I think you´re right. If he would focus on LBL one day, he´d win it almost 100%.
What? Alberto isn't the best hilly classic rider, why would he almost certainly win
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #4160  
Old 12-12-12, 19:27
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
6 are you crazy?!?!! If he is extremely lucky he can get 5, I personally think he will get 4.

If he wins next year it will be his 3rd but it could've been his 7th had everything gone as planned
tour centric riders are pathetic and boring, i would certainly be hating on contador if he became armstrong 2.0.

winning all 3 GT's is imo a much greater achievement. imo he should try and win TA, the dauphine, romandie and swiss before he retires as it would make his stage racing palmares absolutely perfect.

Last edited by Parrulo; 12-12-12 at 19:51.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.