Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-12-12, 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He has a chance in any 1 day race race that is hilly and of moderate to hard level difficulty.

Which is like 30% not 1%.
I think you´re right. If he would focus on LBL one day, he´d win it almost 100%.
Old 12-12-12, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Now that Armstrong´s seven victories are deleted, i think Contador could try to go for six. I think he will skip Vuelta and Giro in most of his remaining years.
Bad thing then, I agree 2013 the Tour should be his main goal, but in 2014 he should do Giro for example
Old 12-12-12, 16:53

Quote:
He has a chance in any 1 day race race that is hilly and of moderate to hard level difficulty.

I figure if Andy and Frank can win one of races in Ardennes week so can Contador, if he puts his mind to it.
Old 12-12-12, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
I figure if Andy and Frank can win one of races in Ardennes week so can Contador, if he puts his mind to it.
Schlecks should have better chance if they play the right tactics (Not 2011)
Old 12-12-12, 16:55

Quote:
Why couldnt he ****ing have said it a year ago. The whole reason ive hated Wiggins this whole time and why ive had a very painful 2012 season is because of derrogatory comments he made about Contador last year
Fear will sometimes make you bare your soul.
Old 12-12-12, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
simply wishful thinking by wiggins. he's dead scared of him and this shows it. for the sake of hating wigo alone I want contador to do the giro
I want too, but 100 tour.
Old 12-12-12, 17:55

Quote:

He has a chance if he really tries but he doesn't
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-12-12, 17:57

Quote:
Now that Armstrong´s seven victories are deleted, i think Contador could try to go for six. I think he will skip Vuelta and Giro in most of his remaining years.
6 are you crazy?!?!! If he is extremely lucky he can get 5, I personally think he will get 4.

If he wins next year it will be his 3rd but it could've been his 7th had everything gone as planned
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-12-12, 17:58

Quote:
I think you´re right. If he would focus on LBL one day, he´d win it almost 100%.
What? Alberto isn't the best hilly classic rider, why would he almost certainly win

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-12-12, 19:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
6 are you crazy?!?!! If he is extremely lucky he can get 5, I personally think he will get 4.

If he wins next year it will be his 3rd but it could've been his 7th had everything gone as planned
tour centric riders are pathetic and boring, i would certainly be hating on contador if he became armstrong 2.0.

winning all 3 GT's is imo a much greater achievement. imo he should try and win TA, the dauphine, romandie and swiss before he retires as it would make his stage racing palmares absolutely perfect.

Last edited by Parrulo; 12-12-12 at 19:51.