Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 515 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-03-13, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyivel View Post
I Liked the cutie far left front row.
Lol. I was just about to ask LaFlorecita which one she fancied, because you just now she has picked at least one. And these arent even to old for her.
Old 02-03-13, 05:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
Contador has dealt with Froome. He has his measure. The only guy he will be scared of come Tour time is Andy
So he will fear a guy that recently admitted he is fearful of riding in the peloton again ? I don't think anyone fears Schleck. They sometimes admire him like on the Galibier in 2011 but Schleck has too many of his own fears.
Old 02-03-13, 06:39
Banned

Blind dreamers. He won't win the Tour and won't start inthe Vuelta.
Old 02-03-13, 06:57
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
Contador has dealt with Froome. He has his measure. The only guy he will be scared of come Tour time is Andy
But you know. Frome can ride against the watch. Schleck not so much. I think the Tour this year will be bloody
Old 02-03-13, 07:30

Froome performed well in the Vuelta coming off the Tour and will be a major threat to Contador this year. At this point in time we can't consider Andy to be as big a threat, but based on his past climbing he remains a contender, and has 5 months to get himself together.
In top grade professional cycling (and in life) it is virtually impossible to be a major winner whilst being 100% clean (or honest). Most GC GT riders are simply doing what they love whilst playing the game.

I'm a huge Kloden fan (or a Klodist) - despite the fact that he rode for Telekom/T-Mobile, Astana and Radioshack

Contador at Fuente De - I salute you!

Germany 7 Brazil 1
Old 02-03-13, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrowlerson View Post
Froome performed well in the Vuelta coming off the Tour and will be a major threat to Contador this year. At this point in time we can't consider Andy to be as big a threat, but based on his past climbing he remains a contender, and has 5 months to get himself together.

I don't think five months will be enough for Schleck. He has finished one race since last June. He has lost ground to riders like Froome and Nibali maybe even Rodriguez and Wiggins. It's too bad cause the route will suit him but I think he will be a better chance next year if he gets a suitable route but next year will probably go heavier on the TT kms again which goes against him. I would like to see him do well to make the race more interesting but I am not convinced. Pelvis injuries can take a while to recover from properly. The best chance he has is if something goes wrong in the preparation of the other top contenders like injuries or illness. Strangely he may ride better without having to worry about Frank, tactically speaking. I always thought the brother thing just confused their tactics.
Old 02-03-13, 10:46

Am i the only one in here who thinks Froome also had moments of weakness in the Tour?
Old 02-03-13, 10:52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick View Post
Am i the only one in here who thinks Froome also had moments of weakness in the Tour?
No time loss - no weakness otherwise weakness can be seen in anything.
Old 02-03-13, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Blind dreamers. He won't win the Tour and won't start inthe Vuelta.

Who? Andy?
I agree
Old 02-03-13, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
No time loss - no weakness otherwise weakness can be seen in anything.
He almost got dropped at one point at La Toussuire. According to you Contador must have been in the shape of his life when he didn't lose time on Plateau de Beille in 2011